Hiding and Iron in Luggage

kgirlcruise

Does anybody have any good tips on where I can hide a travel iron in my luggage for the cruise??? We've always traveled with an iron in our luggage and have never in the past had any problems with taking the iron onboard. Our last cruise, they took away the iron and left it at the port for us to pick up on our way out/home. Can I wrap it good in something? pack it in the middle of some stuff good enough to hide it?!?!

i see this post is a copuple of weeks old, but anyone stupid enough to try to take a fire hazard on board does not deserve to sail with others, and put off the ship immediately.

• Like 1

Obviously you have not seen the precautions in the laundry rooms onboard....15 minute timers....metal assemblies to hold the hot irons.....insulated electrical cables..... tile flooring.....etc. An iron left in your room could cause a fire, not ones in the laundry room.

David

i see this post is a copuple of weeks old, but anyone stupid enough to try to take a fire hazard on board does not deserve to sail with others, and put off the ship immediately.

Cigarettes = fire hazard.

This is NOT a moral issue. Just a fact. Don't "flame" me. (Yeah, pun intended):D

Obviously you have not seen the precautions in the laundry rooms onboard....15 minute timers....metal assemblies to hold the hot irons.....insulated electrical cables..... tile flooring.....etc. An iron left in your room could cause a fire, not ones in the laundry room.

David

Your right I haven't, going on my first cruise in May. Good to know, I feel better now!

why are you feeding this thread - they asked a well known question and have since disappeared - just stirring the pot

I don't know if this was directed at me but I asked a question I didn't know the answer to... Never been on a cruise, wasn't trying to stir the pot. If you weren't talking to me, nevermind!

Does anybody have any good tips on where I can hide a travel iron in my luggage for the cruise??? We've always traveled with an iron in our luggage and have never in the past had any problems with taking the iron onboard. Our last cruise, they took away the iron and left it at the port for us to pick up on our way out/home. Can I wrap it good in something? pack it in the middle of some stuff good enough to hide it?!?!

Put it in your carry on luggage, they are so busy looking for booze that it will sail right through.

I iron before I pack, the only thing I had to use the ships iron for was my dress I wore on Formal Night, if you pack right your clothes should be fine, plus you are on vacation, who cares about a little wrinkle or two, not I, as long as my clothes don't look like I just rolled out of bed, I'm good:D

if you feel you have too hide it why are you taking it. come-on!! irons are such a fire hazard why would you take it. use the free ones and keep the ship and passengers safe.

Hey I have a great place for ya to hide the iron, First put your feet about shouder width apart, then bend at the waist and stick it........................better yet, follow the rules and just leave it home!!

• 7 years later...
13 minutes ago, ImANewfie said:

One thing this is allowed on cruise ships...  hair straighteners.... they work wonders if you have to iron.... 

5 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Downy Wrinkle Release?  I don't travel without it.

I do wish that admins would lock old threads.  You do realize that this thread is 8 years old?  Granted, still a valid discussion, but sometimes resurrecting old threads is not a good idea.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ImANewfie said:

can you advise why we cannot continue to discuss this.  The post may be 8 years old, but years years ago, or 6 or 3 ... many people may not have been cruising OR part of cruise critic...  while the post may be 8 years old,  new replies generate new replies, which makes the post new again?  with new input from new members?  sorry i miss your point

You did see the words "still a valid discussion" and "sometimes" in my comment??? 

It's an ongoing problem here that people will resurrect very old threads with very old information, and that out-of-date information gets rehashed as though it is current. Or, threads that get out of hand get resurrected and get out of hand again.