Ccl survey re: perks/loyalty program

Bigbob75

We received a similar survey last year sometime. The new Milestone card is coming out in the next month or so. The new programs are also to be revealed soon. Apparently the software has been written to support this and should be announced shortly.

We received two coolers last week on the Glory which was our 24th cruise.

... The new Milestone card is coming out in the next month or so. The new programs are also to be revealed soon. Apparently the software has been written to support this and should be announced shortly.

Where did you hear this (keeping in mind that "soon" and "shortly" are overused terms from corporate CCL)?

Tom

John Heald mentioned this on the Bloggers' cruise. He said the new card was coming out the end of March (or did he say April?) and the rest should be out very soon. I guess we'll find out shortly.

John Heald mentioned this on the Bloggers' cruise. He said the new card was coming out the end of March (or did he say April?) and the rest should be out very soon. I guess we'll find out shortly.

We'll see... with a cruise on Carnival at the end of March AND April, we will be on the front lines, LOL.

Tom

ok, i got one for all of you....i love carnival i am a platinium cruiser as are my kids. so i get the survey via email on march 4, kept it until i had time to sit n fill it out...then i see this thread, start reading and go back to fill it out...started out good...asked me what line of employment i was in ie..marketing, travel agent, teacher...and a couple more or none...i checked none. then have u ever cruised before....yes, next question...all the cruise lines come up n u had to fill in how many on each company ie carnival, rcl, disney...filled it in and it asked month and yr of most recent cruise....put it in......so here is the kicker....

it said i was not qualified to continue with the survey and thank you.

ummm hello, you sent it to me....i guess they didnt want my feedback...

i love carnival...dont have a bad thing to say...love n e free gift i get...but i guess they didnt want to know that

Wish they would ask which gift you would like. I have heard many people say they have ten bags, 20 picture frames, etc. I have two of the thermoses. I got two bags, gave one to my cruise friend. I got a frame last time which I actually liked and used. I use my bag a lot but not my thermoses.

Candi

.....so here is the kicker....

ummm hello, you sent it to me....i guess they didnt want my feedback...

I would start looking elsewhere... but that's just me! ;)

Tom

ok, i got one for all of you....i love carnival i am a platinium cruiser as are my kids. so i get the survey via email on march 4, kept it until i had time to sit n fill it out...then i see this thread, start reading and go back to fill it out...started out good...asked me what line of employment i was in ie..marketing, travel agent, teacher...and a couple more or none...i checked none. then have u ever cruised before....yes, next question...all the cruise lines come up n u had to fill in how many on each company ie carnival, rcl, disney...filled it in and it asked month and yr of most recent cruise....put it in......so here is the kicker....

The 3/4 survey was about the entertainment and food choices on the ships. Depending on how you answered the 1st 4 questions, you were either kicked out of the survey or you continued with the survey that went on for about 45 minutes; not the 20 minutes the email said it would take.

It was not the Platinum perks survey that the OP is asking about.

Reminds me of a time when at Christmas the company I worked for had a turkey dinner for the employees and gave everyone a $25 gift certificate. They heard so many complaints about what a bunch of cheap @#$% that ran the company that they never gave anything else again as long as I worked there. Be careful...Carnival has ears too.

If it's the pen and notepad on our back to back in Sept., they're more than welcome to keep them both. No great loss.:)

Once again, the Platinum/Milestone cruisers seem to be left out of the surverys.

And the comment cards too for that matter. Four cruises since the e-comment card started, have not received one to date.

Really?? Mine arrived last evening (Monday) for the sailing that ended two days earlier (Saturday), which I thought was ultra ultra fast . . . and greatly appreciated.

Oh, dear -- wait a second - - how embarrassing :o :o

Apparently I forgot what board I was on. The rapid arrival survey was for a totally wonderful cruise last week onboard Norwegian EPIC.

Tsk, tsk, tsk - - I took eight Carnival sailings in 2010, and didn't receive a single follow-up. Not even a "Thank You for sailing our line with frequency". Nothing.

Last week on the Inspiration it was the soda coupons.

When I first heard about soda coupons i was rather disappointed.

There were eight for the both of us,wife and i.

Honestly i rather enjoyed this perk, never thought i would enjoy a soda while listening to the piano guy .

This guy was obnoxious.:eek: and too funny to miss :D.

Tsk, tsk, tsk - - I took eight Carnival sailings in 2010, and didn't receive a single follow-up. Not even a "Thank You for sailing our line with frequency". Nothing.

That's called TAKING YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR GRANTED. They are getting pretty good at that. As they drag their feet though, they will lose business. But that's OK, there are new people ready to give 'em a try --- and they KNOW IT!

Tom

John Head on his blog said it was going to happen soon. Oops that was about a year ago.

Actually it was Feb 2009 (at the Bloggers Cruise) when I heard about "changes coming soon".....

:eek:

You would think there would be just a little bit of embarrasment at Carnival land due to how long they have been talking about changes in VIP with nothing being done.

I agree...it certainly does not make us feel very special....:o

If and when ccl changes the program .

The driver Will be driving more rev , not rewarding current holders

It's all a out driving rev while rewarding repeat custs

I think based on the survey I recieved they are trying to rework based on a spending component in combination with number of cruises

But yeah, the loyalty program is a bit naff. But it doesn't make or break my booking decision. But come on, you can cruise for $180 ten times and get platinum or spend thousands each cruise, literally and still be miles off from getting the revered silver card ...

I so agree. I have done longer cruises on Carnival, a total of 119 days, and will not be platinum until my next cruise.

They should have free drinks for a couple of hours each evening and forget about the photo frame/ notepaper/toothbrush etc.

Archived