Can we take a case of wine onboard?

cruisingallover

Sun Princess and Dawn Princess in Australia, restricted to one bottle of wine on embarkation and at ports.

But I know on the US Princess ships that there are generally no problems bringing on two or three bottles of wine, we keep it at that, overindulgence might see Princess stop ALL byo vino.

(Note: I have travelled with Princess both from Australia and from other ports outside of Australia, USA/Europe etc.)

We have taken several bottles of wine in our carry on in the past but this time would like to take a case. I do not have room to put it in our carry on this time. Can we just put a luggage tag on the box and hope it arrives in our cabin in one piece?

Hi Connie & Joe - Yes, you can bring a case. However, when we bring ours on, we do wheel it on with us. Although some leave it to the porters to deliver to the ship, we feel better having it with us. Hope you have a fabulous cruise!

On our recent 30 day cruise to Australia - SFO to SYD, we certainly did purchase a case of assorted wines in SFO, but carried it to the cabin ourselves. The porters were reluctant to do so.

Flying from YYZ to SFO, we were not carrying all of that on the plane!!!!

PS: We certainly did have a bar bill as well, although when we took a special bottle of ice wine that we brought from Ontario to the dining room and shared it with table companions on the last night for an aperitif, we were not charged the corkage fee. :)

Snowbird

I too would carry it with me thru security. And yes you can do it.. friends took 2 cases on last year without a problem... just didn't let it out of their sight.:) The wine stores will pack it for easy carry-on. Princess does not have a limit for wine, champagne, water, soft drinks etc... just no alcohol.

Hugh. Last I checked, wine has alcohol in it and is classified as an alcoholic beverage.

We have taken several bottles of wine in our carry on in the past but this time would like to take a case. I do not have room to put it in our carry on this time. Can we just put a luggage tag on the box and hope it arrives in our cabin in one piece?

I frequently check a case of water. Many times, the

case arrives minus one bottle. I'd hate to

entrust anything valuable to people who have demonstrated themselves to be thieves.

Archived