Looking for advice on a B2B

We plan on taking a back to back in February of 2013 on Adventure of the Seas. Any advice for taking a B2B? When are itinerarys for JAN/FEB/MAR 2013 expected out? I know it's out there but we haven't gone a cruise since Jan of 2009. Yeah, I know poor babies :o So we have a plan to set the funds aside and we know what we want to do. Thanks for your help!

We plan on taking a back to back in February of 2013 on Adventure of the Seas. Any advice for taking a B2B? When are itinerarys for JAN/FEB/MAR 2013 expected out? I know it's out there but we haven't gone a cruise since Jan of 2009. Yeah, I know poor babies :o So we have a plan to set the funds aside and we know what we want to do. Thanks for your help!

The Itineraries for Summer 2012 through Spring of 2013 are scheduled to be released on April 11. Keep checking the RCI website daily. Canada & New England itineraries have been released and are available for viewing only at this time.

We've sailed on the Adventure twice and enjoyed both cruises. One thing to look for in a back-to-back is alternating itineraries. I believe Adventure does this (eastern/southern caribbean) but I'm not sure. It's always nice to go somewhere different on the second leg. That said, we have done one with the same itinerary both legs and we still had a ball. Bon Voyage!

We've sailed on the Adventure twice and enjoyed both cruises. One thing to look for in a back-to-back is alternating itineraries. I believe Adventure does this (eastern/southern caribbean) but I'm not sure. It's always nice to go somewhere different on the second leg. That said, we have done one with the same itinerary both legs and we still had a ball. Bon Voyage!

Adventure does only southern carib itineraries, however you are correct in that it has 2 different itineraries.

Adventure does only southern carib itineraries, however you are correct in that it has 2 different itineraries.

I always figured that if you didn't hit one of the ABC islands then you really didn't go to the southern caribbean but I see where they call the Barbados loop southern. Hey, who am I to quibble? Bon Voyage!

If you do a B2B, in the same room, is there any disembarkation/re-embarkation procedures that has to be done after the first leg of your cruise...or can you just hang out in your room or wander the empty ship?

It varies amoung ships & sailings...but generally if you DO have to leave the ship you & all the other's doing a B2B will meet in a designated area & be walked off the ship...thru whatever immigration or customs & then back onto the ship...you will be given your new Seapass & are free to roam the ship..you will also have acess to your cabin at any time...when I did a B2B last year on Majesty we just met near guest relations at about 10:30 and were given our new seapass cards then...we had to get a new picture taken between 11-3 but other than that did not have to leave the ship at all...others on the previous sailing had to leave & come back on...so as I said it can vary a LOT...but it's relatively painless & sooooo worth it!:D

I highly recommend a b2b! DH & I just got off Navigator where we did our 1st b2b; a 4 nighter + 5 nighter. On transition day we got up at 8, ate a small breakfast in WJ, went to the Pool Deck with our books, old sea passes, new passes, passports, my purse...and nothing else. We had the same room so our attendant told us that he'd have our room made up before we returned. We read on the pool deck for a while (with just 2, yes 2 others who were also staying...talk about privacy:D...it was so quiet it was almost scary but we loved it)!

At 10:25 we headed to Boleros to meet our fellow b2b'ers (about 20) & a Guest Services Officer who was our guide. We walked off the ship (after checking out using our old passes), walked to Immigration to show our passports. The only unfortunate thing that happened was that some idiot had gotten caught with drugs so they delayed us getting back onboard before the new pax. We went back to our room (yes, it was made up & our attendant asked if we wanted to see the Royal Suite... we were on Deck 10...duh, yes lol...nice room to say the least:D), sat around on our balcony for a while, went to WJ to eat & back to room, thru the doors that nobody else could open yet (yes that was fun seeing others' expressions).

Yes, the entertainment was the same altho we didn't attend many shows anyway & the menus were the same (except for the additional 5th night) and you are required to do the Muster again but we loved the experience! Can't wait to do another one in the future!

Carol

Archived