Radiance of the Seas 1100 vs 9256?

Could anyone that has stayed in both 1100 and 9256 tell me if the difference in space of the stateroom is really worth paying the extra money? I know it's all a matter of opinion and that's all I'm looking for. Also, are there any other benefits to having one over the other? I just keep going back and forth in my head as to whether we should put out that extra $800-$1000 when we could use it for something else. The D1 really doesn't seem small at all when looking at the pictures and there are only 2 of us. But, it would be nice to have that nice big room :o. We've never sailed Royal Caribbean before and if we can even get either of those two cabins, it would be on our first cruise to Alaska. Thanks for the input.

I had 9030 on the Radiance for 10 days and thought it was roomy enough and the D1 is a bit larger. If you want to save the bucks I would go with the cheaper room. I was a Princess ship a year later and was surprised in how small their standard balconies are.

Could anyone that has stayed in both 1100 and 9256 tell me if the difference in space of the stateroom is really worth paying the extra money? I know it's all a matter of opinion and that's all I'm looking for. Also, are there any other benefits to having one over the other? I just keep going back and forth in my head as to whether we should put out that extra $800-$1000 when we could use it for something else. The D1 really doesn't seem small at all when looking at the pictures and there are only 2 of us. But, it would be nice to have that nice big room :o. We've never sailed Royal Caribbean before and if we can even get either of those two cabins, it would be on our first cruise to Alaska. Thanks for the input.

Hi--

I've been in both and now I only book 9256. 1100 is not that much bigger, verandahs are nearly identical (heavenly!) and 9256 does not have some problems that 1100 does have (chair scraping from the Windjammer above, for example)

So my vote goes to 9256, every time. Book early--

Linda

The only big difference is that with 1100 you would have Concierge access. 9256 is a great room and plenty big for 2 people.
Cabin 1100 is a junior suite so you don't get concierge access. You only get concierge access for GS and up.

With 1100 you get the extra cruise days for booking a suite, even though you don't get the rest of the suite perks. For an extra $800-$1000, I'd keep 9256. Both balconies are wonderful, although I think 9256 is slightly bigger. Cabin 1100 is bigger and has a bathtub, but 9256 is roomy enough for two people. The chair scaping and talking can be a problem in 1100, although it's mostly first thing in the morning. It can be a problem if you like to sleep late. Another issue I had is some people would smoke on the WJ outside deck then toss their butts down so they landed on the 1100 balcony. I think RC changed their policy since then to not allow smoking on the WJ outside deck, but I'm not positive on that.

Just my opinion, but the $800 -1000 seems like an awful lot of money just for a bit more space. Both have extroidinary balconies and are almost identical. The D's are very comfortable with plenty of storage etc. They don't have a tub but we are shower people. We did have a Jr. Suite on the Mariner and loved it but in this case I would be just as happy with the D cabin and it's great balcony. Have a wonderful cruise!:D

Archived