I contacted the Sheraton about day passes...

Keri's Cruisin'

Hi, I'm confused, the OP said the slide was at the Sheraton and scubagirl said it's at the Wyndham. Is there one at each? I think my kids would enjoy it so it might be a deciding factor. Can someone also comment on what things are at both places that kids might enjoy?

Hi, I'm confused, the OP said the slide was at the Sheraton and scubagirl said it's at the Wyndham. Is there one at each? I think my kids would enjoy it so it might be a deciding factor. Can someone also comment on what things are at both places that kids might enjoy?

Slide is ONLY at the Wyndham as you see in the pic above.

Sheraton has water toys, kayaks, snorkeling gear and a more open beach.

wyndham has a small lagoon like beach great for the little one.

Sheraton has a huge beach, 3 pools etc. Wynham has 1 pool and a slide.

I like both properties.. Sheraton has more of a "resort" feel, wyndham not as big and expansive.

Am I correct that you can purchase a pass at either the Sheraton or Wyndham and travel between them on the same pass?

Usually this is true, but not always.. during spring break, they try and keep them seperated.. some days when there are a ton of weddings and events, the same.

Sheraton likes to protect their guests from overcrowding and noisy partying.

Usually this is true, but not always.. during spring break, they try and keep them seperated.. some days when there are a ton of weddings and events, the same.

Sheraton likes to protect their guests from overcrowding and noisy partying.

When it is busy, does Wyndham prevent Sheraton guests from using their pool? Or is it only the other way around? We've got a day room reservation at the Sheraton for the week before Easter.

When it is busy, does Wyndham prevent Sheraton guests from using their pool? Or is it only the other way around? We've got a day room reservation at the Sheraton for the week before Easter.

I don't know. I only know that sheraton does this because I've seen them turn people away.

Hi all,

Just got back from NCL Jewel. I was worried that the Sheraton would sell out of day passes, but it wasn't at all! We arrived around 10AM and paid $25 each for use of pools, beach (with umbrella and chairs) and water sports (kayaks, giant slide, etc). I was nervous that it was going to sell out the morning we arrived, so I opted to take a $15 taxi for my husband and I. I highly suggest to USE THE JITNEY #10 instead! We took it home, and it was a super quick trip. Definitely a money saver at $1.25 per person. Just ask any taxi driver to point you in the direction. One guy even asked me "How did you know about the #10? You must've been here before."

Most of the Spring Breakers were next door at the Wyndham. They had a full on beach party going on when we walked over with a DJ. The Sheraton also had a soccer field and volleyball court on the beach.

If you go to the Sheraton, bring water and drinks! Either fill a bottle before you get off the shop or buy one downtown first. Bottles of soda were $3.00 and large bottles of water were $4.50.

I highly suggest the Sheraton. It was one of my favorite places!

Actually, I felt like the biggest fool, because I placed an order for a water bottle at the beach bar, and then noticed free cold water right in front of me! I took some cups of it back to our party at the beach.

We will be in Nassau the week before Easter. We're looking at getting a day pass for a relaxing day at a pool and beach. The Sheraton seems to fit our tastes. It's me, DH and two DD, 13 and 16. I'm wondering about a menu for lunch. Has anyone had lunch there? (I'm hoping to not have to spend too much on food/beverages.) The property seems to have several choices for dining. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks...

I think we got a cheeseburger, fries, and soda for about $20? We're from the NYC area, and the rest of us waited until we were back on the ship to eat (we were starving!).

We just had an enjoyable day at the Sheraton. Took the #10 jitney there which was 6 blocks from the ship. Those who have a hard time walking would not want to take the jitney. (On the way back we took a taxi van and negotiated the price of $25. plus $5 tip for 6 of us.

Enjoyed the swim up bar and swilled the local brew at the Wyndham, and teenager enjoyed the spontaneous beach volley ball on the Sheraton beach. Used the kayaks etc. There is a very nice cafe in the Sheraton with coffee drinks etc.:D

Ok I am confused. I thought we went to the Sheraton on our last trip but maybe we did not. We just walked a few blocks to it. We could see the pier with the ships across the water (not very far). Were we at the Sheraton? If not any idea where we were? Thanks.

If anyone is looking for a more laid back (quiet & private) beach experience the British Colonial Hilton also sells day passes. They don't have a giant slide, but they do have a peaceful private beach. Snorkeling could have been better, but it was beautiful and the staff was friendly. We just walked from the ship, its just past the straw market.

My new friend from our dinner table and I got a couple "cuban" cigars from the straw market and enjoyed them with some drinks on the soft white beach :D

Ok I am confused. I thought we went to the Sheraton on our last trip but maybe we did not. We just walked a few blocks to it. We could see the pier with the ships across the water (not very far). Were we at the Sheraton? If not any idea where we were? Thanks.

You were at the British Colonial Hilton, not the Sheraton. :o

We just had an enjoyable day at the Sheraton. Took the #10 jitney there which was 6 blocks from the ship. Those who have a hard time walking would not want to take the jitney. (On the way back we took a taxi van and negotiated the price of $25. plus $5 tip for 6 of us.

Enjoyed the swim up bar and swilled the local brew at the Wyndham, and teenager enjoyed the spontaneous beach volley ball on the Sheraton beach. Used the kayaks etc. There is a very nice cafe in the Sheraton with coffee drinks etc.:D

Thanks very much for posting this. We took the jitney to the Sheraton a few years ago ane we plan do the same when we sail in April. Glad to know this is still a good plan!!!

Ideas people?? I already booked Paradise Island Harbour Resort for 5 people $50 each. I heard the beach is aweful & now I am thinking I made a mistake. I am sure that I can cancell, but now wondering..Sheraton or Wyndam Resorts. We just want to relax, have a few drinks, eat good food, snorkel a little and do a little gambling. Is it still spring break May 2nd??

Any information on what these properities (Sheraton, Wyndham, Hilton) are like in August?

We'll be in Nassau on August 3rd from 8:00am - 6pm. I've been trying to plan some nice port days because we have 13 friends sailing with us for our cruise ship wedding, and this is the first cruise for most of them. In 2009' my fiance and I were going to go to the Wyndham but it stormed so we just walked around and then went back to the ship. It is still my first choice since I think we would be to loud for the hilton, and the kids would love the Wyndhams slide.

Our group consist of 4 teens (14, 15, 18, 19), 3 young adults (21-24), one infant (10 months), and 7 adults. We're not big drinkers and partygoers but we love music, food and relaxing.

I would hate to get turned away the day of and would be very embarrassed since I am planning this trip for a group.

We are just back from our cruise on the Carnival Fascination. If you go to the Sheraton take the #10 jitney. It's only $1.25 pp and you can catch right near the port and it will drop you right at the Sheraton. We decided not to do the day package because it was cloudy and sprinkling that day but we wanted to see it anyway. It was very clean and ok beach area. The pools were freezing by my standard but one supposedly was heated. One of the pools is zero depth so that is nice for little ones. There are plenty of beach chairs and there were kayaks and other water equipment available. We would have stayed if the weather was nicer.

We too were thinking of booking the all inclusive Paradise Cove for $50.00 including the transportation.

How is the beach there?? That is why we are going to enjoy a great beach with all inclusive food and drinks. We will be there in Oct 2011.

Someone that has done this can you please comment??

Thanks From:ddcile5

• 2 months later...
We too were thinking of booking the all inclusive Paradise Cove for $50.00 including the transportation.

How is the beach there?? That is why we are going to enjoy a great beach with all inclusive food and drinks. We will be there in Oct 2011.

I would be interested in hearing from someone who has been there also. I googled Paradise Cove and only got info for one in Freeport. Is there one in Nassau also? I was thinking of Paradise Island Harbour Resort I would like info on. Thanks

Anyone???

Hi. Where would you book this? The only Paradise Cove I found is in Atlantis.

Also, can anyone verify the prices are still the same from March to now for Sheraton.

Is it correct for a family of 4, I am looking, without tip, about $50 round trip for cab.

My dh told me last night he is not sitting on a bus for 45 minutes on vacation, oh well.

Thanks so much!

Archived