Love the new Sapphire Princess Coastal Cruises for 2012-13

Phamer55

I have a question on the 2012 calendar Calif. Coastal cruise. The dates they have displayed have the Sapphire leaving L.A. on a Friday, March 30th and a Friday, April 13th. Do you think that might be a typo?

Princess usually sails on Saturday's. Which would make it 3/31/12 and 4/14/12. I need to know in order to go forward with my work/vacation schedule.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roz

Those dates are for 2013, not 2012.

Jim

I'm doing the LA to Vancouver in spring 2012. I like that it has a couple sea days. I love my sea days. I've been to all these ports, but it will just be a nice relaxing cruise. As someone else said, the ship is my destination. For those of you who have done this cruise before, would you pick a port or starboard cabin. Is the scenery good on the land side. Or are the sunsets great on the ocean side? What do you think?

Glad to see at least one cruiseline that neglecting those of us on the west coast! I looked at that link and I noticed the Grand is coming here to do some Hawaiian cruises. Do I read that right?

Yes' date=' the [i']Grand Princess[/i] will be on the West Coast... very nice!

California coastals don't hold a lot of appeal for us. Sounds boring

When I read this posting I just chuckled.... it brought a 'flash back' when I was growing up in Minnesota and the family was discussing where they wanted to vacation to. I said 'Can we go to California sometime?', and my mom just smiled and said 'why would you even want to do that dear??'. We never did travel any further West than Yellowstone. When one was from Minnesota, and your family is 'up north Scandinavian heritage', you just never had an answer for that one. (I also remember during the 60's hearing tales that California was going to sink in the ocean with so many people moving there..) Thanks for the memory. :-)

I really hope to take this cruise if the dates will work with our schedule. I was "jealous" of the cruisers who got the coastal last year when the Mexico cruises were cancelled due to the swine flu; I wished I had been booked on one of them. Lots of nice stops, and for anyone who lives in California or not too far from LA, how great is it to be able to drive to the port? I am getting so tired of flight expenses, delays, hassles, worries, etc. I am really starting to look earnestly for cruises I can drive to.

Even though the swine flu restricting non-essential travel was not under Princess' control they still gave everyone a future cruse booking credit equal to half of the price paid on the modified cruise. For me, a better cruise & a credit for half of my fare on a future cruise...wow...Princess sure was generous & it took a long time to get the smile off my face! :D

I absolutely LOVED the so-called Swine Flu cruise.

What started out as another Mexico cruise was changed to a Victoria, BC cruise, with stops in Seattle and Astoria for us, San Francisco for the other cruises. Having it round trip from LA was also a perk. No flying!

Even though it was fairly chilly and rainy at times, it gave me an opportunity to see places I would never have seen otherwise, unless I book a repo cruise. And right now the one in May is pretty much sold out.

I also have to say I wasn't bored for one second!:D

Thanks for the information on the new Pacific Coastal itinerary for 2012. We are already booked on the October 2011 coastal cruise and will definitely book the new, improved itinerary for 2012. I love the stop at beautiful Catalina Island and the overnight in San Francisco too. It sounds wonderful.

We have been looking for more round tripcruises out of Los Angeles, because we dislike the hassle of flying. It is so convenient to just drive down to San Pedro and park. We hope to do the roundtrip to Hawaii this year too. I am glad they are bringing the Grand to Los Angeles. I am wondering what the Grand's Hawaiian itinerary will be next year. Anyone know?

Thanks to Princess for giving Southern Californians who hate to fly more choices!! I was getting tired of the Mexican riviera cruise.

The Grand is coming to San Francisco in the spring of 2013. She will be doing one 10-day cruise to Mexico/California, and several 15-day cruises to Hawaii (4 sea days, 4 days in Hawaii, 4 sea days, stop in Ensenada, sea day, back to SF). Then she's likely headed to Alaska for the summer of 2013, although we won't know about that for another year.

I really hope to take this cruise if the dates will work with our schedule. I was "jealous" of the cruisers who got the coastal last year when the Mexico cruises were cancelled due to the swine flu; I wished I had been booked on one of them. Lots of nice stops, and for anyone who lives in California or not too far from LA, how great is it to be able to drive to the port? I am getting so tired of flight expenses, delays, hassles, worries, etc. I am really starting to look earnestly for cruises I can drive to.

Daisy, I hear you loud and clear. And, I so agree!

Those dates are for 2013, not 2012.

Jim

Jim, thank you so much for answering my questions. It's so difficult to be expected to do my job and try to find wonderful cruises to go on. :o I get so excited, I forget to double-check everything! :p

Thanks for the information on the new Pacific Coastal itinerary for 2012. We are already booked on the October 2011 coastal cruise and will definitely book the new, improved itinerary for 2012. I love the stop at beautiful Catalina Island and the overnight in San Francisco too. It sounds wonderful.

We have been looking for more round tripcruises out of Los Angeles, because we dislike the hassle of flying. It is so convenient to just drive down to San Pedro and park. We hope to do the roundtrip to Hawaii this year too. I am glad they are bringing the Grand to Los Angeles. I am wondering what the Grand's Hawaiian itinerary will be next year. Anyone know?

Thanks to Princess for giving Southern Californians who hate to fly more choices!! I was getting tired of the Mexican riviera cruise.

Come and join our roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1244301

Jim, thank you so much for answering my questions. It's so difficult to be expected to do my job and try to find wonderful cruises to go on. :o I get so excited, I forget to double-check everything! :p

You are welcome. I have made that same mistake myself.

Jim

Archived