Love the new Sapphire Princess Coastal Cruises for 2012-13

Phamer55

The Sapphire Princess is doing some new round-trip LA Pacific Coastal cruises this year, which is pretty neat. However, I REALLY like the enhanced round-trip LA Pacific Coastal cruises that they are coming out with for 2012-13. The ship is in a port every single day (I prefer port days to sea days) including an overnight in San Francisco which features a mid-day arrival (great for cruising under the Golden Gate Bridge). Here is the new itinerary that starts in 2012:

Los Angeles, California, USA SATURDAY DEPART 4:00PM

San Francisco, California, USA SUNDAY ARRIVE 1:00PM OVERNIGHT

San Francisco, California, USA MONDAY DEPART 1:00PM

Santa Barbara, California, USA TUESDAY ARRIVE 8:00AM DEPART 6:00PM

Catalina, California, USA WEDNESDAY ARRIVE 7:00AM DEPART 6:00PM

San Diego, California, USA THURSDAY ARRIVE 8:00AM DEPART 5:00PM

Ensenada, Mexico FRIDAY ARRIVE 8:00AM DEPART 5:00PM

Los Angeles, California, USA SATURDAY ARRIVE 7:00AM

Who else loves this new itinerary? I hope this becomes a recurring itinerary for Princess.

:rolleyes:where did you find this 2012/2013 info?:confused:hugs

Here's a link to 2012/2013 cruises:

http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1700/2012-2013_overview.pdf

It's great to have more options from LA & we're taking the April 2012 r/t hoping that being in port from 7am-10pm they'll offer the Sonoma winery tour...so far we're 0 for 2 in SF. :(

Great for us too...we certainly will look at these cruises. Do you recall the dates leaving LA on these cruises? Thanks for posting...

For the new one the OP listed:

10/6/12; 3/30/13; 4/13/13; 5/4/2013

Our slightly different one (no Catalina; 1 day SF) is 4/28/12.

This looks like a great cruise. I am so glad to see these on Princess schedule. Let's hope they are popular enough to keep them. Definitely putting it on my list of future cruises.

Yes, they are cutting back on the Mexico cruises and adding more coastal and Hawaii trips.

While I do have a coastal booked for October, I would LOVE it if they did a R/T from LA to Canada....ala the Swine Flu cruise.

THAT was a great itinerary, too!

As a west coaster, this is not my cup of tea, due to the port a day scenario. Since I cruise to relax this would be the wrong cruise to take. I like the sea days, but I guess, I am the weirdo:D

As a west coaster, this is not my cup of tea, due to the port a day scenario. Since I cruise to relax this would be the wrong cruise to take. I like the sea days, but I guess, I am the weirdo:D

You might want to look at the coastal in spring 2012...no Catalina & not overnight in SF so there's 2 seadays which I also enjoy but don't think we're the only weirdos. :p

Here's a link to 2012/2013 cruises:

http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1700/2012-2013_overview.pdf

It's great to have more options from LA & we're taking the April 2012 r/t hoping that being in port from 7am-10pm they'll offer the Sonoma winery tour...so far we're 0 for 2 in SF. :(

Which cruise will you be going on? We're on the 28 April cruise and we're looking forward to attempting to get to Sonoma :-)

I have a question on the 2012 calendar Calif. Coastal cruise. The dates they have displayed have the Sapphire leaving L.A. on a Friday, March 30th and a Friday, April 13th. Do you think that might be a typo?

Princess usually sails on Saturday's. Which would make it 3/31/12 and 4/14/12. I need to know in order to go forward with my work/vacation schedule.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roz

Hmmm... Not sure about the round-trip coastals, but the 7-day Vancouver to LA one-way itinerary on the Sapphire looks interesting.

We're sailing the reverse in May & except for a few inside cabins it's full with no big price reductions so think the desire is there to support more LA cruses. I hope so because an hour drive to the pier is much better for a week long cruise. And based on no 'fire sale' prices with a nearly full ship, it should also be good for Princess. When our May '09 Mexican Riviera became a coastal due to the H1N1 flu scare, there were a lot of happy passengers & apparently Princess listened to our happiness with a CA coastal cruise by adding more of them.

California coastals don't hold a lot of appeal for us. Sounds boring

That's why they have many destinations so no one has to get 'bored'. :rolleyes:

For us, and others, the cruise is the main 'destination' & haven't been 'bored' yet during any of our 25 cruises. Not that this is for everyone & hope you'll find a cruise where you won't have to be 'bored'. I'll gladly drive an hour each way to a relaxing cruise as often as possible. While looking forward to another long cruise where we have never been 'bored' during many days at sea. :D

I really hope to take this cruise if the dates will work with our schedule. I was "jealous" of the cruisers who got the coastal last year when the Mexico cruises were cancelled due to the swine flu; I wished I had been booked on one of them. Lots of nice stops, and for anyone who lives in California or not too far from LA, how great is it to be able to drive to the port? I am getting so tired of flight expenses, delays, hassles, worries, etc. I am really starting to look earnestly for cruises I can drive to.

Archived