Could I have gotten more?

I leave for the Oasis on Saturday. I got a e-mail from my TA this morning saying RC will give you $100 OBC if you would be willing to switch rooms. It is the same category just one deck up and over a few. When I asked why, he said RC was trying to move some people around. i.e. some people wanted to be closer to others in their party. So, I agreed.

I am not worried about my new cabin choice and happy to be going on a cruise. But for future reference, could I have bargained with them and gotten more? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!!

I hope I don't sound like I was trying to get something for nothing. That was not my intention. I am definitely glad I could help someone help. I just wasn't sure if I was it is something you can bargain with. I know I will be happy to be on the ship and can't wait to start a wonderful vacation!!!

I hope I don't sound like I was trying to get something for nothing. That was not my intention. I am definitely glad I could help someone help. I just wasn't sure if I was it is something you can bargain with. I know I will be happy to be on the ship and can't wait to start a wonderful vacation!!!

You possibly could have bargained for more but at the risk of having them move on to another passenger who might accept their original offer, or they might have felt that moving the other guests closer together didn't justify increasing their offer and dropped the whole thing. Then you would be in your original stateroom but with nothing extra to show for it. If you thought the original offer was a fair one, you made the right decision. It doesn't do any good to second-guess yourself.

I do understand how you feel. It is similar to the way I feel when my Priceline bid for a hotel is accepted. There is always a nagging feeling that I might have been equally successful had I bid a few dollars less. In the end, I decide that if I think that the price I am paying is a bargain, I should be satisfied. :)

You are going on the Oasis in TWO days :D Hope you have a fantastic vacation :)

###

The offer seems fair. You'll enjoy the Oasis it's a fantastic experience. Make sure you have all of the reservations made ahead of time.

Ps. You should pose the question if anyone else received the same offer for the same cruise?

I didn't know that RCL would be willing to move an existing passenger to accommodate family/friends trying to get their cabins close to each other....

That is actually a really nice service for them to provide, and something I would be interested in. We have four cabins booked for our next cruise, but they are dotted all over the ship. Who should I contact to see if we can be moved closer together?

I booked through a UK travel agent, but not sure if she would be willing to do anything, as we booked GTY cabins.

Many thanks!

I leave for the Oasis on Saturday. I got a e-mail from my TA this morning saying RC will give you $100 OBC if you would be willing to switch rooms. It is the same category just one deck up and over a few. When I asked why, he said RC was trying to move some people around. i.e. some people wanted to be closer to others in their party. So, I agreed.

I am not worried about my new cabin choice and happy to be going on a cruise. But for future reference, could I have bargained with them and gotten more? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!!

they'd probably move on to the next victim. it's free money. no need to haggle.

I didn't know that RCL would be willing to move an existing passenger to accommodate family/friends trying to get their cabins close to each other....

That is actually a really nice service for them to provide, and something I would be interested in. We have four cabins booked for our next cruise, but they are dotted all over the ship. Who should I contact to see if we can be moved closer together?

I booked through a UK travel agent, but not sure if she would be willing to do anything, as we booked GTY cabins.

Many thanks!

I don't know the background of how they booked. This is want I am guessing what happened. They family was a family of 5, I think-Mom, Dad, and 3 kids. They booked a Grand Suite for 3 of them and wanted a regular balcony for the other 2. They needed rooms next to each other and that's where I stepped in a helped. I don't know if the family requested the change or what. It never hurts to ask.

Many thanks!

It is my understanding that TA's in the UK charge for making changes even for moving rooms so you might want to inquire before you make the request. Here we can move guarantees within the SAME category and many times get groups/families closer or at least on the same deck.

Archived