Spirit Not In Port Yet

mcwebber

Duane just went an email ....the Spirit is fine.

There was fog AND they went out to sea just as an extra precaution just in case something developed from Japan.

But all is fine now....

My sister (Bonster) & Mom are on the ship now - they called me at 7:30 (while the captain was making an announcement so they never heard exactly why there weren't in port yet); in any event, they loomed off the coast for a while & as I was typing this, they called & and are apparently pulling into the harbor now. All is well, except for the people that had early morning departure flights - - -

Got off the Spirit today. The captain told us we were waiting at sea because of the Tsunamni threat. It was also very foggy, but the Tsunami was given as the reason for the delay.

We finally docked about 10:30, but no one disembarked until close to 12:30. The were serving lunch on the lido deck and at least one bar was doing cash sales for awhile. We got off about 1:00 and flew through customs. The line of people waiting to get on the ship was several blocks long.

We had a noon flight but managed to rebook for tomorrow. The Residence Inn we stayed at the night before the cruise gave us the same Friends and Family rate we got last week and Priceline changed our Indianapolis reservation to tomorrow night.

Archived