What's your favorite cruise line?

sloper12

Just returned from our first cruise and we loved it! Now we are planning for our next one. We were on HAL Eurodam and our first sea day was busy exploring and such. We went to the show each night and kept busy after our ports. However, by the last sea day, we got kind of board. So, we are thinking that another line might have more to do? We are both mid 50's

HAL is our favourite for food, service and smaller ships. Never had problems with sun loungers like we did on Princess. Liked Cunard (QM2) but the staterooms are not as good as Princess, HAL, RCCL Carnival. Would say we had the worst service ever on QM2 and probably the best on Princess although we didn't like Princess overall.

We have tried all the other main ones but always go back to HAL although we are just thinking of trying Regent or Silversea, getting a bit fed-up of the sameness of all the others.

We've only been on four cruiselines, but Oceania is, by far, our favoite. The small ships, port intensive itineraries, lack of formal nights, open seating dining, tourist office reps on board at each port, wonderful staff--all make it a good fit for us.

We haven't cruised HAL yet, so I can't compare for you. We've only cruised Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean so far. With those, I like different things on each line: This is just my opinion:

Carnival: Best beds and food choices

Royal Caribbean: Most activities and entertainment. Ships have nice extras like skate rinks, rock walls, surfing, etc.

Princess: Also excellent entertainment choices and beautiful ships. Their cabins are set up very nicely too.

I really find all of them fairly similar, with each having something uniquely special. I usually pick by itinerary and price.

The next line I'd really like to try out is Celebrity. I've heard HAL is the best for service, but I have heard that the nightlife is a bit on the quiet side on their ships. (I haven't cruised with them, so I don't know for sure.)

We can't really choose a line, as each cruise we've enjoyed for different reasons.

If it is for entertainment, then nothing has ever come anywhere close to Thomson's, but the ships are small and old.

For over-all comfort, service and economy, we choose P&O, and the cruising experience is similar on their sister line, Princess.

We found NCL interesting, and enjoyed the freedom.

Jo.

we've only been on four cruiselines, but oceania is, by far, our favoite. The small ships, port intensive itineraries, lack of formal nights, open seating dining, tourist office reps on board at each port, wonderful staff--all make it a good fit for us.

ditto! :d

Our favorite is Royal Caribbean, and Princess is second. From everything we've read, we think we'd like Celebrity too, but we've yet to try it. Carnival is definitely not for us - didn't like the ship, and service was way below what we've experienced on the other lines.

Archived