hire car!

Holey

Hi all! We are on the emerald in oct 29nov8th for 10 nights. We are extending our stay at want a hire car with all insurances included. extra driver and a fast pass on the motorways. We would lke to hire one near the port,and drop off at Miami, has anyone any suggestions?:confused:

Hi all! We are on the emerald in oct 29nov8th for 10 nights. We are extending our stay at want a hire car with all insurances included. extra driver and a fast pass on the motorways. We would lke to hire one near the port,and drop off at Miami, has anyone any suggestions?:confused:

We are on the Emerald on 18th March and have booked AVIS care hire who pick you up at the port and we are returning our car to Orlando so that is one possiblilty for you

If I have this right, you're arriving on Tues? Hertz runs a shuttle, but not on Tues. So you could call or email them and find out if they will pick you up. Here is the info from their site:

Rental Services Provided By :

Miami Downtown HLE, 354 SE First Street

Please exit the terminal and catch the Hertz Shuttle Bus to be transported to the servicing location. The shuttle runs Wednesday through Monday, every half hour from 0800-1600 .

Additional Information:

Please include the name of the ship on the reservation. The servicing location is approximately 10 minutes from the pier.

The physical address of the Port of Miami is 1015 North America Way.

Special Services at this Location:

Unless I'm renting from an airport, I find that finding the best car rental office to use can be among the most complicated and time consuming portions of my planning. I usually use google earth to try to help. If you already have your hotel, and if they have a shuttle for the port area, perhaps it's best to find a car rental near your hotel.

Rental Services Provided By :

Miami Downtown HLE, 354 SE First Street

Please exit the terminal and catch the Hertz Shuttle Bus to be transported to the servicing location. The shuttle runs Wednesday through Monday, every half hour from 0800-1600 .

Additional Information:

Please include the name of the ship on the reservation. The servicing location is approximately 10 minutes from the pier.

The physical address of the Port of Miami is 1015 North America Way.

Special Services at this Location:

Unless I'm renting from an airport, I find that finding the best car rental office to use can be among the most complicated and time consuming portions of my planning. I usually use google earth to try to help. If you already have your hotel, and if they have a shuttle for the port area, perhaps it's best to find a car rental near your hotel.

Poster want to rent in Fort Lauderdale and return to Miami, not pick it up near the Port of Miami.

Poster want to rent in Fort Lauderdale and return to Miami, not pick it up near the Port of Miami.

Well, that makes it much simpler... I didn't attempt to look up the voyage and see which port. The airport rental companies run a joint shuttle from the port of Ft. Lauderdale to the airport auto rental garage. However, it still might be much cheaper to rent near the hotel, depending on how many days the car is needed for. On occasion, when renting for a week or more, I have found the price away from the airport to be 1/2 or less.

• 1 month later...
We are on the Emerald on 18th March and have booked AVIS care hire who pick you up at the port and we are returning our car to Orlando so that is one possiblilty for you

:confused:Hi ya When you get back could you please tell me all about the ship?

Hi we are from Wootton Bassett Wiltshire England!

We want to hire a car after the cruse. Could you please send me the tel no and e mail of Avis, Have tried on line, but it said they dont pick up from port!. We also need a sat nav and have a toll free card in the car as we are going to the keys.

Any help would be great to do with the cruise, as we have never cruised with them before.

Have a great holiday.

Archived