Feb 26, 2011 review

martini cruiser

I've been back a week and this is the 1st chance I've had to start on a review.that being said this will be a short review with a more detailed account to be posted this weekend.

1-Flights opted for the Business class upgrade on Air Tahiti Nui well worth the extra $$, especially on the return. I actually slept for 3 hours! Only complaint, not the best entertainment selection.

a- The lounge at LAX was pretty nice. The one in Papeete no ice, not so nice. The regular waiting area was a real surprise at how nice it was.

2- 1 night pre at the Radisson. I did the pre arranged transfers with the Rad. and it worked well, except they held me up for 1/2 hour waiting for another passenger who did not show. The room was GREAT, loved the Jacuzzi ( after the long flight, heaven) and the shower AC was good and the pool area very nice. I did notice the surf noise but it lulled me to sleep.

3- Scheduled a taxi for 2:30pm they showed up at 2:10 so I got to the ship too early it was shortly after 3 before they let us board. when they say 3 they mean it.

4-The ship in a word PARADISE! Loved the service, and the food. Ate at both the Le Grille and La Veranda and liked them both but thought the Le Etoile was better. Only one complaint one night I went to the Etoile as a single and was not asked if I wanted to sit with someone, just plunked down a what I believe to be table 10 a 2 top right next to the wait station in the hallway like entrance to the main room, where I was pretty much ignored, no one seated next to me, and only got 1 glass of wine and never the offered of a refill, and slow service. But like I said my only complaint. Room 433 worked well.

More on the cruise and excursions at a later date.

5- Disembarkation, pretty smooth but hated the 15.00 charge tocall a taxi.

6-The Intercontinental Tahiti for 2 nights. More downside than up, I'd have rather gone back to the Radisson. Single woman in a ground floor room not so good sercurity wise, but I did pay for a garden view so I guess that's my fault. AC was lacking, kept the keycard in the slot, the sliders shut and the drapes pulled and still way too warm. I did like the pools and the breakfast was good. More in the full review.

Best part of the cruise, the people I met, the spectacular scenery, the wonderful staff, and the great food and beverages!

Martini Cruiser

Thanks for sharing your adventure!

You're one of the few people who agrees with me that the Radisson is better than the Intercontinental! I also concur about the lack of ice in the Business Lounge in Papeete--plus the a/c was barely adequately--the whole place was pretty bare-bones.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks for your teaser review Martini Cruiser! I look forward to the rest of the story. Would appreciate any tidbits on what you considered to be just fabulous - whether it was food, foo-foo drinks, tours or activities. Thanks again.

hello again Ms Martini.

It was a pleasure to cruise with you...

What No mention of my HUGE splash "can opener" in the pool???I thought it was a highlight!!

I suggest that the meridien for pre and post stay is far superior than the others.seems totally refurbished..Clean,friendly and the wonderful pool.

The cruise and staff were superb on the ship...huahine was sad but all other ports exemplary.

II Captain , you are right your can opener was a highlight! It sure woke all the pool nappers up!

As far as Huahine, it was a Sunday so alot was closed. I talked to someone that got off early and had returned before I was planning on going ashore so I just relaxed by the pool and took a toes up ( nap).

Thought I'd get time to write a more detailed review but got caught up in the March Madness ( University of KY FAN). I will try to get to it soon.

Mighty Quinn the staff was outstanding , the friendly service, the smiles brightened that every day ! I loved the lobster in Vanilla Butter sauce, and ate too much at the Le Grill luncheon buffet. The made to order pasta and the salads were great. All of the drinks were good with the MAI TAI in the coconut on the Tahaa Motu being the best.

Gailellen, I would recommend PG for any single woman, just make sure to tell the Matire d that you want to be seated at a large table, so that you can meet people! Are you going to PPT ahead of time, if so do a pre arranged transfer to your pre cruise hotel.

More later, Martini Cruiser

Archived