Quebec- Which tour?

We took the Countryside tour with toursvieuxquebec.com which included the Falls and the Island so I can say that route is really nice.

Were you happy with this tour company? A similar ship tour is $69 & this company charges $49 on their website.

Were you happy with this tour company? A similar ship tour is $69 & this company charges $49 on their website.

We were very happy with it. They picked us up (many from my roll call went on this tour) right across the street from the pier at the museum and treated us all with great consideration. Everywhere we stopped was either scenic or historical (or both). Never did we feel rushed. Would do it again. I believe Viator has tours very similar too.

What was the name? I saw one called Country Tour but it left at 1:15 and is 4.5 hours so would be long.

That is the right tour. We were there in October and had a 9am tour. I agree the afternoon tour would be too tight unless you are in port till 7 or later. Keep in mind the price on line is CAD. I don't know what the exchange rate is at this time.

We were very happy with it. They picked us up (many from my roll call went on this tour) right across the street from the pier at the museum and treated us all with great consideration. Everywhere we stopped was either scenic or historical (or both). Never did we feel rushed. Would do it again. I believe Viator has tours very similar too.

I emailed them about where they'd pick up but haven't received a reply...thanks for your info.

That is the right tour. We were there in October and had a 9am tour. I agree the afternoon tour would be too tight unless you are in port till 7 or later. Keep in mind the price on line is CAD. I don't know what the exchange rate is at this time.

The ship's tour is between 8am & noon with the Crown sailing on 10/15/11 at 5pm. Old Quebec Tours shows both 9am & a 1:15 departures so will have to book the morning tour.

• 2 weeks later...
I this a bi-lingual tour? The website seems to only be in French.

there is an English version.

https://www.toursvieuxquebec.com/en

I would contact them, explain your timing with respect to the cruise ship schedule and ask what they can do as a custom tour for cruise passengers. If you have enough people they will come up with something. Don't worry about the language- most of the tourists are English speaking. Enjoy Quebec -it is a delightful and historic city and area

• 3 weeks later...
I emailed them about where they'd pick up but haven't received a reply...thanks for your info.

The ship's tour is between 8am & noon with the Crown sailing on 10/15/11 at 5pm. Old Quebec Tours shows both 9am & a 1:15 departures so will have to book the morning tour.

Did you end up booking this one? I reserved the ship's version but was considering canceling it and booking this one.

I contacted the tour company last night and they confirmed they would pick up at the museum. How did you let them know that's where you want to be picked up, it doesn't appear to be one of the three online choices - just email them? Thanks for all the info!

I contacted the tour company last night and they confirmed they would pick up at the museum. How did you let them know that's where you want to be picked up, it doesn't appear to be one of the three online choices - just email them? Thanks for all the info!

This is the normal pickup location for those on cruises. When I told them our details (the date, time in port, ship name, etc.), they just told me the pickup location would be the museum. By posting the tour info on my roll call, there ended up being many from my cruise taking this tour. It was a nice tour. Have fun!

Did you end up booking this one? I reserved the ship's version but was considering canceling it and booking this one.

This is the normal pickup location for those on cruises. When I told them our details (the date, time in port, ship name, etc.), they just told me the pickup location would be the museum. By posting the tour info on my roll call, there ended up being many from my cruise taking this tour. It was a nice tour. Have fun!

I'm sorry for not replying sooner, I finally called the Old Quebec Tours to get some answers.

They said that each stop (St. Anne, Montmorency Falls, Iles d'Orleans) is about 45 minutes. It's $49.50 for a total of $112.50 per couple including all taxes. The pickup would be at the Museum of Civilisation a short walk from the pier & the time would be 0830 to make other pickups to begin the 4.5 hour tour about 0900.

He said that you could book 24 hours in advance & that if a bus is filled they add an additional one. Since the website doesn' show the Museum pickup location, I'll call them to make a reservation. You pay when booking so I will probably wait for awhile. None of the Princess tours stop at all 3 locations so this appears to be a nice tour & returns in plenty of time to sail.

Here's what their website says about cancellations:

You must be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour departure time. 20% cancellation fee held if more than two hours before the services. No refund if cancellation less than two hours before services. No refund if customers do not show.

I'm sorry for not replying sooner, I finally called the Old Quebec Tours to get some answers.

They said that each stop (St. Anne, Montmorency Falls, Iles d'Orleans) is about 45 minutes. It's $49.50 for a total of $112.50 per couple including all taxes. The pickup would be at the Museum of Civilisation a short walk from the pier & the time would be 0830 to make other pickups to begin the 4.5 hour tour about 0900.

He said that you could book 24 hours in advance & that if a bus is filled they add an additional one. Since the website doesn' show the Museum pickup location, I'll call them to make a reservation. You pay when booking so I will probably wait for awhile. None of the Princess tours stop at all 3 locations so this appears to be a nice tour & returns in plenty of time to sail.

Here's what their website says about cancellations:

You must be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour departure time. 20% cancellation fee held if more than two hours before the services. No refund if cancellation less than two hours before services. No refund if customers do not show.

Thanks for the additional info. I booked with them today so we'll see you on the tour. We need to meet up for a glass of milk (or something) on the ship the night before :-)

I've given up on our Roll Call.

Thanks for the additional info. I booked with them today so we'll see you on the tour. We need to meet up for a glass of milk (or something) on the ship the night before :-)

I've given up on our Roll Call.

That sounds like a great idea & maybe get on the same tour the next day...that is if a USAF career vet doesn't mind being with a 2 year active duty Naval Air Reserve enlisted man. :p

Did they charge you now for the tour? I thought that was what they said but could be wrong...it wouldn't be the 1st time. :rolleyes:

Our NE/Canada r/c seems better than the other one for a year from now which I believe you cancelled for the Crown? It's like listening to a old shared party line phone. Many obviously know each other & being new to r/c participation, maybe that's just how they work. In 10 days we're trying our 1st r/c on the Sapphire & will see how it works. I prefer exchanging info & learning new things about situations like shore excursions, etc...but not so much a summary of everyone's daily lives. If that's how they primarily work, oh well, still some things that I can learn. :p

That sounds like a great idea & maybe get on the same tour the next day...that is if a USAF career vet doesn't mind being with a 2 year active duty Naval Air Reserve enlisted man. :p

Did they charge you now for the tour? I thought that was what they said but could be wrong...it wouldn't be the 1st time. :rolleyes:

Our NE/Canada r/c seems better than the other one for a year from now which I believe you cancelled for the Crown? It's like listening to a old shared party line phone. Many obviously know each other & being new to r/c participation, maybe that's just how they work. In 10 days we're trying our 1st r/c on the Sapphire & will see how it works. I prefer exchanging info & learning new things about situations like shore excursions, etc...but not so much a summary of everyone's daily lives. If that's how they primarily work, oh well, still some things that I can learn. :p

Some of the best time I ever had were when I was stationed with the Navy - always proud to be in their company! :-)

I just checked and the charge hit the credit card tonight - so they do charge you right away.

We've had some really good Roll Calls - the only real quiet one was a 14 day Alaska cruise on the small Royal Princess last year. We are in our 60s and we were the youngsters in the group and everyone was in bed by 9PM :-)

I hope the RC picks up as we get closer.

Brian

Archived