Sun Princess ...Cherry Blossom Cruise 2011.

They are in Darwin today.

The bridge cam is just pointing out into the harbour and all you can see is sea.

Checked it a couple of times through the day and at one stage it looked like rain, but at least it must be warm enough there, if just a little humid.:eek:

This will be the last Australian stop for a while , so I think there would have been a steady stream of passengers up to the local Liquor land to stock up for the cruise ahead.:D

Shame that the Cherry Blossom this year will miss Korea and maybe Japan but in the face of such terrible scenes and tragedy it is almost unbelievable the hardships so many have had to endure in the last few months.I have fond memories of all the Japan ports and Korea lets hope for their return to better times as soon as possible.

Does anyone know who the Cruise Director is?

Jilly:)

We came off the Sun Princess early February and Gavin Chandler was the cruise director, we know people that were on the next 2 cruises and he was still on then, so at a guess I would say it is Gavin. robin

We came off the Sun Princess early February and Gavin Chandler was the cruise director, we know people that were on the next 2 cruises and he was still on then, so at a guess I would say it is Gavin. robin

Thanks Robin, just Googled and found a picture of him. Can't say I know of him. What Nationality is he?

Jilly

Thanks Robin, just Googled and found a picture of him. Can't say I know of him. What Nationality is he?

Jilly

Hi Jilly, he is English quite good looking, I think he looks younger in person than the photo that Princess sent me prior to sailing, his offsider (Asst Cruise Director) was another English fellow called Simon they ran off each other quite well. At first I did'nt know whether I liked them or not but they grew on you after a while, Simon had a very dry sense of humour.....and I musn't forget the other Asst CD Romeo ( how could I ) you will see for yourself if he is still on the ship. all good fun! Robin

Hi Jilly, he is English quite good looking, I think he looks younger in person than the photo that Princess sent me prior to sailing, his offsider (Asst Cruise Director) was another English fellow called Simon they ran off each other quite well. At first I did'nt know whether I liked them or not but they grew on you after a while, Simon had a very dry sense of humour.....and I musn't forget the other Asst CD Romeo ( how could I ) you will see for yourself if he is still on the ship. all good fun! Robin

We won't have time to get to know him as we're only on the ship for such a short time, but I'm pleased to hear from you that he has a sense of humour. I like that type of Cruise Director.

When you get to my age they all look young.... and good looking at that.... and we're allowed to 'imagine' aren't we Robin tehehe.... ;);)

Jilly;)

post from my source on the sun princess

The Cherry Blossom cruise is going well. We are awaiting a decision from Princess head office as to our ports. The captain told us yesterday that they (Princess 0) are in touch with Foreign Affairs in Canberra and also the State Dept in the States and will let us know as soon as a decision is made. I am thinking the blossoms will have been blown away any how!

Do you call there on the WC Joanne?

no we don't head up that way... we go straight from Darwin to singapore...

it seems the American and English world cruises do more in asia than us... guess they think we are close enough to do it on shorter cruisers...

hmm I guess this thread now should be on the new forum.... gosh shows how out of the loop I am ... I only stumbled across it by accident yesterday

Joanne

hmm I guess this thread now should be on the new forum.... gosh shows how out of the loop I am ... I only stumbled across it by accident yesterdayJoanne

It probably should be, but just as easy to leave it here so we don't have 2 running. It will work itself out a the cruise finishes.

When we start one to follow your WC , it can be on the new board.:)

This thread has been relocated to the new Australia & New Zealand Cruising forum from the P&O Australia forum. Click on this link to continue the discussion.

Thanks Walt...

and now to continue with the Cherry Blossom cruise.

They have not travelled far from yesterday.

At Kota Kinabalu today.

18sunkota.jpg

18sunkota2.jpg

Just a refresher on their itinerary..

they have 2 days coming up in Hong Kong which will be great.

Anyone heard whats happening after that ? (re Japan)

Fri 18/03/11 Kota Kinabalu / Malaysia 07:00 17:00

Sat 19/03/11 At Sea

Sun 20/03/11 At Sea

Mon 21/03/11 Hong Kong / China 08:00

Tue 22/03/11 Hong Kong / China 17:00

Wed 23/03/11 At Sea

Thu 24/03/11 At Sea

Fri 25/03/11 Shanghai / China 06:00 23:59

Sat 26/03/11 At Sea

Sun 27/03/11 Busan / South Korea 08:00 18:00

Mon 28/03/11 Nagasaki / Japan 07:00 18:00

Tue 29/03/11 At Sea