Going on Oasis Tomorrow - whats first thing to do after boarding?

HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Now, I have to wonder why people rave about a sandwich? That is something I eat normally for lunch so why would I want a sandwich when they have other hot dishes and carvings offered?

The first thing I recommend is getting to the pier around 11 to "beat the crowd" and to board to avoid lines and wait.

They will not allow you to get to your cabin until around 1-1:30 so your best to go up to the windjammer for lunch and find a table near the window, relax and have a drink and food. You can also make your specialty dining reservations now if you not done so in this case I would do that first then have lunch.

Go to your deck around 1pm and wait for them to open the doors so you can get to your cabin. We always travel light so we carry on our bags (remind you that you need to lug it to windjammer this is one reason why we go there to get a table and place our luggage to the side) and then we unload them. If you have checked your bags go around and explore the ship checking every 30 minutes to see if your luggage arrived.

For us, we get to the pier early am, board one of first, head right up to the winjammer for lunch, 1pm head to our deck and wait till we can get to our room where we unpack and all is done. :)

Some people say they go to the MDR to check out ther table - but why will they move you to a better one? .

Hello Cruise Leprechaun, The main reason to check out your table assignment as soon as you board is to find out if they've made any mistakes with it.

On one cruise, we took our two grown sons and daughter-in-law with us. We of course, wanted to be all together and had requested early seating. When we checked our meal assignment, we found they had put my husband and me at one table, early seating, our younger son and his wife at a separate table, and our older single son at the late seating! We hadn't been able to board very early that day, and the Maitre' D made it sound like it might be too late to fix the situation. (I almost had a stroke right there. )

He did eventually fix it, but while we waited, we listened in on several other passengers be told they were NOT going to get their meal change requests. So the earlier you find out about any mistakes, the better chance you have of getting them fixed.

Now, I have to wonder why people rave about a sandwich? That is something I eat normally for lunch so why would I want a sandwich when they have other hot dishes and carvings offered?

best to go up to the windjammer for lunch and find a table near the window, relax and have a drink and food.

Because, 1) it's lunch, 2) it's good, 3) there are other things also, wraps, other sandwiches, salads and, most importantly, 4) IT'S NOT THE WINDJAMMER.

lol no sandwich for me I cannot have gluten...wraps, sandwiches, cookies nope can't do it or I just be very sick. Even if I didn't have gluten problem I take the veggies, meat carvings and nice soups anyday. To me its a vacation and I like to eat differently than how I eat at home...even breakfast, I never eat breakfast at home but I enjoy it on cruises. :)

How much does it cost to ride the carousel? We just Allure for September and I know NOTHING about this class of ship. Can anyone tell me about the Rising Tide Bar? Hours, how difficult it is to get a seat there etc? Also can anyone direct me to a link with pictures of the Allure? Thank you so much for any help.

NO Charge to ride the carousel! I never ate in Wind Jammer the entire week, Park Cafe also has good salads made to order my favorite place to eat lunch, if I didn't read about the sandwich on here I probably wouldn't have tried it, didn't think I would like it but it was SOO good!!

here some pics of it I know it's a big hit on these boards they even have post cards now LOL!! hope this link works!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/lisam1131/?action=view&current=roast1.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/lisam1131/roast2.jpg

First thing to do when getting on board is to pick your jaw up off the ground and keep movin'... otherwise you're going to get trampled by the thousands behind you trying to get that first glance of the Promenade ;)

Have a great trip - she's an amazing ship!!

Park Cafe's roast beef sandwiches are made from slices of prime rib, so just get the meat. They also have a make your own salad bar (but someone makes it for you, you pick and choose what you want in it). They put it in a bowl and toss for you -- EXCELLENT!! It will be nice and quiet in Central Park and you can either eat inside Park Cafe or they have tables outside. Definitely a different atmosphere than the hustle and bustle of the Windjammer. Have a wonderful cruise!!

Funny - I visited this thread to reply that you should go to the Park Cafe immediately and have a roast beef sandwich. Looks like I'm in agreement with dozens of other people who feel the same way!.

On our Dec allure cruise, the park cafe was always quiet and easily accessable. On the Oasis it was always packed, hard to get seats. My son blamed the Cruise Critic forum for getting the word out and when we found another hidden pleasure on the Oasis, he told me not to say anything about it on CC. sorry guys.... :D As I told him, the other secrets have all been divulged already on CC, so not to blame me.

How much does it cost to ride the carousel? We just Allure for September and I know NOTHING about this class of ship. Can anyone tell me about the Rising Tide Bar? Hours, how difficult it is to get a seat there etc? Also can anyone direct me to link with pictures of the Allure? Thank you so much for any help.

I never found the Rising Tide to be crowded on either the Allure or Oasis, basically its a bar, you are expected to buy a drink or two or three. We enjoyed a coctail on the Allure's rising tide. I think the hours were about 5 or 6.

Lots of people have posted photos of their Allure cruise. you just need to search and the Allure has its own thread.

As soon as 1:30 go to Studio B to book your shows or change their times if you haven't already booked. Get a planning guide for the week and see if you booked shows interfere with what is on the planner so you have time to change the times. Even if a show seemed booked before boarding RCCL keeps some seats open for embarkation day.

Back in the days before online pre planning I used to head right to spa services to book spa services. It will be a relief to have that pressure removed!

Sounds like you've gotten great advice and I will take it as well!! RB sandwich and MDR here I come!!!

Grab a pretzel dog from the Wipeout Cafe, yum!

Then look for a high school classmate of mine with her family, she'll be on the same cruise.

Two years ago we cruised the Liberty, same week as her and her family, and never realized it until months later.

Most importantly, have a WONDERFUL cruise. You will love the Oasis!! :)

Just wondering if there are recommendations for things to do right away after boarding Oasis (or any ship for that matter). We'll probably try to get on around 11:30 before 4 or 5 thousand other people and was curious whats the best thing to do to take advatange of the lack of crowds and lines? Some people say they go to the MDR to check out ther table - but why will they move you to a better one? We've already booked our shows online so would it be helpful to go to guest relations for something else? Or, is it best to just explore the ship before it gets too crowded? And then I guess there's always eating before the crowds and grabbing a spot by the pool? Thanks.

Eat lunch and take a nap!

Archived