Barcelona Port

Energie

Where is the Barcelona Port for NCL EPIC ship? Ill be sailing on June 5th.

My other question is, Im hoping to arrive at the ship as soon as embrakation begins. Im a bronze latitude member, is there express check in? Hopefully its quick since theres 4000 passengers!

Barcelona was the fastest, most organized port we have ever departed from. It is just a short taxi ride from the Gothic Quarter/Las Ramblas area. Enjoy; Barcelona was my favorite Mediterranean port, just an enchanting city and I didn't expect to like it.

at the bottom of las rambles and across the road is a stop for the port bus which should be blue in colour. they charge 2 euros and then does a circuit of all the ship berths. so yes you can walk down las rambles which is a nice down hill stroll and cross the road on to the bus, the distances inside the port area are a bit long to walk as the road wanders up and round so ships can pass underneath so for thw 2 euros it is well worth saving the long walk in the blazing sun. i think from memory the port bus runs every 30 minutes.

Be sure to take the bus Robinhood describes. It is a very long walk from the Columbus circle to the ships and there can be at least four or five ships in port at once. I think the pier itself is over a mile long.

Kirk

Here´s a map of Barcelona harbor. The Epic is docking somewhere at Mol Adossat (A,B,C,D). You can also see the route of the blue harbor bus. The bus is 2 Euros single ride or 3 Euros all day pass.

It´s a bit too far for walking with luggage.

steamboats

Thanks folks. My hotel is located at La Ramblas? Is it possible to walk to the port?

Not very easily....we took a taxi from the airport.

We stayed at Los Ramblas after the cruise and also took a taxi from the pier. Be prepared to wait quite a while at the taxi stand when you get off the ship.

No wait the day we got on the ship.

Thanks folks. My hotel is located at La Ramblas? Is it possible to walk to the port?

Just walk down Los Ramblas rolling your suitcase and catch the blue port bus which picks up across from the Colum Monument (you can't miss this tall monument at the beginning of Los Ramblas!). I think it is about €3 each for the bus and very easy except sometimes there are lots of people waiting and you might have to wait for a second bus. We did walk the whole way (with no luggage) once, but it took quite a long time and the port bus is much more convenient and saves lot of time and stress. A taxi is even easier, but more expensive.

Here´s a map of Barcelona harbor. The Epic is docking somewhere at Mol Adossat (A,B,C,D). You can also see the route of the blue harbor bus. The bus is 2 Euros single ride or 3 Euros all day pass.

It´s a bit too far for walking with luggage.

steamboats

Taxis can take you directly Mol Adossat (B, I think, per NCL.com), correct?

taxi is the best bet, very efficient Port. We arrived around 11:30, processing started around noon and we were on the ship 12;15. Remember you can't get into your cabin until after 2. They had a room to store your carry on bags. Taxi is the best way of getting to the port.

Archived