powdered donuts

efoote01

We are going on the Ruby soon. My 7 yo old daughter luvs powdered donuts. Can she get these for breakfast in the buffet or the dining room?

Thanks

Just got off Ruby & no powdered donuts in the buffet or International Cafe. Most popular in the cafe was the chocolate iced donuts....mmmm!

Maybe you can pick some up before you board.

Jan

We are going on the Ruby soon. My 7 yo old daughter luvs powdered donuts. Can she get these for breakfast in the buffet or the dining room?

Thanks

It couldn't hurt to ask for these to be made special. If they are making donuts anyway, it would be easy for the baker to make some powder sugar donuts as well.

I guess it is a matter of interpretation and where you are from. I would consider those cream filled donuts or jelly donuts...to me a powdered donut is a cake donut with the icing sugar dusted on the top...and those I have never seen on a Princess ship.

I know where original poster is coming from. A couple of years ago that is all I could get my daughter to eat, so I packed some in my luggage and she had them in the room. Some times having that "comfort" food around for the kids can help them when they are away from home and feeling a little homesick. We would order milk from room service and kept it in the refrigerator for when she wanted donuts. She has since moved on and will eat different things but when she was little it wasn't really a hard thing to do for her.

On the Golden they had filled powered donuts in the International Cafe - sometimes cream filled, sometimes jelly filled. They're in the upper right of this photo:

5440205642_70e46831f2_z.jpg

Do they have trays in case u want to bring some back to your room with sandwiches and a drink too??

The powdered donuts are usually filled with jelly - made fresh each day - and absolutly delicious:D

They are usually offered in the buffet, in the dining room with the pastries offered on a tray that the waiters carry around.

There are some with a custard filling that are my favorite! They look just like the ones filled with jelly/jam - it's hard to tell sometimes what the filling is, until you take a bite!

On the Golden they had filled powered donuts in the International Cafe - sometimes cream filled, sometimes jelly filled. They're in the upper right of this photo:

5440205642_70e46831f2_z.jpg

WOW. That looks way better than what was offered at RCIs promenade cafe!

I've never seen regular old powered doughnuts on Princess, though some of their pastries are quite good. Others are covered with sugar or simply heavy, doughy bombs. For those who simply crave sweetness, they'll fit the bill, but good pastries are hard to fine anywhere these days, Princess is no exception. The product in the IC always seems better, that is, lighter and less sweet, than the Horizon buffet. None of this helps your daughter, does it?

I just got off the Ruby yesterday...powdered no, but the sugar ones were excellent...also, they did have a small, donut type pastry (without a hole) and filled with marmalade or vanilla creme that are owdered...i have only seen them in Italy...never in North America...and they were so good...

It couldn't hurt to ask for these to be made special. If they are making donuts anyway, it would be easy for the baker to make some powder sugar donuts as well.

I would have said the same thing if you hadn't said it first. Mom could drop a little note to the Pastry Chef and ask if her little one could have some powdered sugar donuts. We know that they make donuts, and we know that powdered sugar is available, so I wouldn't consider the request to be unreasonable.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

Do they have trays in case u want to bring some back to your room with sandwiches and a drink too??
I didn't see trays. But I did take them back to my cabin a few times. If you ask the server, they might be able to help you out with something to carry it in.

WOW. That looks way better than what was offered at RCIs promenade cafe!
Totally agree. I thought everything in the International Cafe was much better than Cafe Promenade on RCCL. The only thing better about Cafe Promenade was the free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The International Cafe has no free drinks at all.

Archived