What is the nicest thing that an NCL crew member has ever done for you?

canpass

I am so enjoying these posts!! :D

What a breath of fresh air from the complaints :)

Thanks to the Op for starting this. I truly appreciate it.

DMH15, your story is awesome!! That Hostess handled that situation SO well!!

None of these great stories surprises me. NCL crew are just fabulous. :D

Oh my goodness, Donna! Your story exhibits the wonderful professionalism we too have been privileged to experience on our NCL cruises. It is so sad that there are times like this when we truly need "protection" from our fellow passengers, but sadly, that is just the way of the world. Cudos to the wonderful staff and crew of the NCL fleet!

Just back from the Pearl, and there were many who were amazing, but I have an unsung hero named BERNARD, he was amazing, as well as always greeting us with an amazing smile, he was always there to help my mom into her favorite seat, last row, just by the isle, and though we always tried to come early, 15 minutes. Even the night dinner went late, there was Bernard to help my mom, and surprise still there seat ;). My mom, Ellen just loved him and he always was so kind to her, she is almost blind and was in a car accident so has trouble walking. On the last night she gave him a tip, he really didn't expect it, but he deserved it. It is those little things that make NCL our very favorite cruise line.:)

Mew1 - Mary

I am so enjoying these posts!! :D

What a breath of fresh air from the complaints :)

Thanks to the Op for starting this. I truly appreciate it.

None of these great stories surprises me. NCL crew are just fabulous. :D

I could not agree more:)--

There are way too many that I can think of, but here's the one that probably touched me the most.

Last September on the Star DH and I were traveling with my elderly parents. Dad is 85 and at cruise time was just 3 weeks away from having spine surgery for severe spinal stenosis. His mobility wasn't very good at all.

We had a suite, and as most of you know Cagney's is one of the suite perks. On the first day we had lunch in Cagney's and on the 2nd day we had breakfast and lunch in Cagney's.

We fell in love with the wait staff right from the start, as is usually the case, and Hazel was especially sweet.

On the 3rd day Dad just couldn't make it and didn't want to bother anyone to bring a wheel chair for him, so he told us to go to breakfast without him and said he'd be real happy to just have us bring him something from the buffet on the way back.

As we were seated at our table in Cagney's, Hazel was not our waitress that morning but she greeted us as we came in and asked where my father was. We told her that he was in a lot of pain and that we would bring him something from the buffet when we left Cagney's. She looked insulted! She would not hear of that!

She asked what he would like and even though I listed things that weren't even on the menu she didn't bat an eye. She went to the kitchen, had the chef whip it up and in a few minutes she came back to the table and asked for our suite #. I told her what it was but then told her that Dad wouldn't answer the door because he wasn't expecting anyone. She said she could take a room key and knock first, then let herself in. We gave her the room key and away she went. She returned a few minutes later with the key and an extra large smile.

When we got back to the room Dad told us how surprised he was when Hazel came in with a tray of food for him. She set the table, made sure he was comfy and then left him to enjoy his meal.

We got that kind of service all week long from the staff in Cagney's and they all received a special envelope from our family. I love my Dad and do what I can to take care of him, but when (basically) strangers are so quick and eager to go above and beyond to make someone happy and/or comfortable, it was really heartwarming.

I certainly hope Hazel is still in Cagney's when we cruise on the Star again this year.

When our laundry came back from ship's laundry, I was missing one sock. When I left the cabin for breakfast I put the other sock with a note for our cabin steward to ask if he would check with the laundry about the other sock. When I returned to the cabin an hour later to get a book, the cabin was serviced and the missing sock was with its mate on the bed. It had been found so fast that I thought maybe it had simply been dropped on the floor by me, not lost in the laundry.

I asked our cabin steward about it when I saw him later. He said that as soon as he read the note, he went immediately to the laundry to find the missing sock. I hadn't expected him to stop what he was doing to find it. I thought he'd do it when he finished servicing his share of the cabins. I really appreciated his attention to that little detail.

That is the kind of service we received the entire cruise, from all the crew members. And we were in 'cheapie' porthole cabin, not in a pricey suite.

I meet Tony Lockett almost two years ago on The Pearl and we have become good friends. In a little over 29 hours I will be headed for Miami, The Pearl and Tony. At the end of this past January, I spent 10 days aboard The Gem. Tony knew that I was going to be on The Gem. Bless his soft warm heart, he contacted that Food and Beverage Director and the Restaurant Manger on the Gem telling them I would aboard, giving them my description, what else he said they will not say andasking them to make sure I had a great time. Having a great time does not begin to describe what happen on that cruise. Let's just say that it was a wonderful cruise. There were at least 48 Gem staff members who have served at one time or another aboard The Pearl and knew Tony. Before I left The Gem, a number them asked me to give Tony their best wishes, which I have. My description of Tony would be is that he is an English Teddy Bear. Mandy

I have enjoyed reading everyone's post and the fun everyone is having talking about the positive things that have happened to them on a cruise. I remember going into the gift shop one day and giving the Canadian working there a coffee crisp chocolate bar, one of the treats they often miss from home. She asked my my cabin number and when we came back from dinner there were some chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us with a note thanking us for our kindness.

Archived