back to back + booze

postman999

My experience has been that they deliver it to the cabin on the day before the end of the first cruise....now naturally I returned it to the shop saying that I was staying on for the next cruise and they should look after it for me.:rolleyes:

I have always ordered my liquor,from the store, to be delivered on the last day of the first cruise and it worked well.Last Sept.,on Emerald,it did not arrive and I went to the store where they were planning on holding it till the end of the second cruise,as we were in transit.I quickly corrected their thinking and walked back with my scotch.I will just go buy it on the last day,from now on.

If you are doing a b2b, going to St. Thomas on both trips, would your liquor, cigarette, and shopping allowance be doubled also? Not that we would want to carry 4 heavy boxes of liquor, but just curious.

If you are doing a b2b, going to St. Thomas on both trips, would your liquor, cigarette, and shopping allowance be doubled also? Not that we would want to carry 4 heavy boxes of liquor, but just curious.

IMO you would have to declare the first lot after that cruise and leave the alcohol and cigarettes on the mainland, perhaps in the truck of your car if you drove to the port. The rest or other stuff you bought could go on the second cruise with you and wouldn't needed to be on your declaration after the second cruise.

You could then make another declaration after the second cruise for stuff bought when out of the country that time. Also for USVI produced alcohol each of you can bring back an extra four liters so do you really want 10 liters of alcohol.

IMO you would have to declare the first lot after that cruise and leave the alcohol and cigarettes on the mainland, perhaps in the truck of your car if you drove to the port. The rest or other stuff you bought could go on the second cruise with you and wouldn't needed to be on your declaration after the second cruise.

You could then make another declaration after the second cruise for stuff bought when out of the country that time. Also for USVI produced alcohol each of you can bring back an extra four liters so do you really want 10 liters of alcohol.

As I slap my forehead with the heel of my hand.....duh...so obvious!!:rolleyes:

And yes, I have brought back 10 liters of alcohol.....Baileys, Kaluha, Cherry Marnier(gift x 2), Sheridans, Tiramisu Liqueur(a gift X 6), some high end bourbons, Jamisons(a gift X 3) and we always get a bottle of St Thomas Spice Rum for my DH's barber.. If I could get Tiramisu Liqueur again...I would bring back 10 bottles of that. How many bottles are still unopened......All except the Tia Maria & Tiramisu Liqueur. LOL

When we moved into our winter home, I furnished our liquor cabinet during one of our trips to St. Thomas.

IMO you would have to declare the first lot after that cruise and leave the alcohol and cigarettes on the mainland.

On turbnaround day on a B2B, you do not fill out a customs card and go through customs since you are considered in transit.

On turbnaround day on a B2B, you do not fill out a customs card and go through customs since you are considered in transit.

On our B2B Summit cruises late last Fall we had to present ourselves and show pasport to an Customs/Border Protection agent in San Juan. No we didn't fill in declaration because we didn't need or want to make an declaration but if you needed to do so you could get off the ship and do an declaration for the goods you wanted to declare and leave in the US after the first cruise.

As I slap my forehead with the heel of my hand.....duh...so obvious!!:rolleyes:

And yes, I have brought back 10 liters of alcohol.....Baileys, Kaluha, Cherry Marnier(gift x 2), Sheridans, Tiramisu Liqueur(a gift X 6), some high end bourbons, Jamisons(a gift X 3) and we always get a bottle of St Thomas Spice Rum for my DH's barber.. If I could get Tiramisu Liqueur again...I would bring back 10 bottles of that. How many bottles are still unopened......All except the Tia Maria & Tiramisu Liqueur. LOL

When we moved into our winter home, I furnished our liquor cabinet during one of our trips to St. Thomas.

Most of those alcohols are imported ones and could be subject to duty after the first liter for each person. It's just USVI produced alcohols that you are allowed to bring an extra 4 liters of. I know that customs will let slide extra alcohol as long as you declare it as the revenue that comes in isn't worth the hassel in paperwork that they need to go through to get it.

I'm glad it worked out well for you

Archived