Can you book a cruise in US dollars from the UK via Celebrity?

itf

I'm looking at a cruise which is very well priced on the US Celebrity site -it's $500 or so for an inside. Unfortunately on the UK site it's more than £500 - or $800.

Is it possible to book in US dollars via Celebrity US if you're in the UK?

I'm looking at a cruise which is very well priced on the US Celebrity site -it's $500 or so for an inside. Unfortunately on the UK site it's more than £500 - or $800.

Is it possible to book in US dollars via Celebrity US if you're in the UK?

I'm sure you can, however the US site will require you to provide a US address and telephone number, just as the UK site requires a UK address and telephone number.

I believe there are some from the UK who book through US travel agents. Not sure how they get around the residency issue, but perhaps you could try that route.

Yes you can book via a US travel agent.

We are from the UK and have done it when the deals are better than over here. Its all e docs now so its no problem.

Did you use an address in the US when you booked. I tried to book with 2 of the largest Internet TAs - can't name them in case I get in trouble. Both of them refused to take the reservation from the UK. One of them lists the cruise lines who will not allow them (or any other US TA, they say) to accept UK bookings. Celebrity was on that list. I know you can't say who you booked with but it is interesting that you have not come up against this problem. It is so much better as you can cancel the booking and get the deposit refunded and of course the American TAs all seem to offer OBC.

Did you use an address in the US when you booked. I tried to book with 2 of the largest Internet TAs - can't name them in case I get in trouble. Both of them refused to take the reservation from the UK. One of them lists the cruise lines who will not allow them (or any other US TA, they say) to accept UK bookings. Celebrity was on that list. I know you can't say who you booked with but it is interesting that you have not come up against this problem. It is so much better as you can cancel the booking and get the deposit refunded and of course the American TAs all seem to offer OBC.

Maybe the rules have changed since we did it 2 years ago. I didn't have to give a US address when I booked over the phone. Another time we were travelling with friends from the USA so we had the paper docs sent to their address. Also on another occaison our American friends booked a Celebrity cruise with my travel agent here in the Uk and they were also able to do this with no problems.

Try calling some travel agents and see what they say.

Archived