What's your best deal ever!!!

Tripper10

First 8 Carnival Cruises-$0.00!!!

My boss(Dr.) takes his wife and all of us girls on a yearly cruise-have had other cruise lines mixed in, but Carnival is my favorite. Paid for my first cruise last year as wanted to go on one with hubby, now this year we leave(with hubby and another couple-first time cruisers) on Sunday 3/27 on the Legend. Don't remember the cost, but it's worth it!!!

Haven't gotten the plans yet for my yearly "free" cruise. Last year was the Freedom to Panama, Costa Rico, and Cozumel.

WOW!!! I want your boss! Lol

Just paid $1300 total for a family of 4 for a 7 night Liberty Western this coming Dec. I think the price listed on the website was $269 per person. The $1300 was after all the fees, etc. I feel like that is an awesome deal. The Liberty looks like a lovely ship and I really like the ports. I'm happy about it. :)

My next cruise is a pretty sweet deal. I won free cruise bingo on our Feb cruise...so got a cabin for 2 on the Glory 5 day NY to Canada...only had to pay $160 total for taxes/port fees- plus we booked a second cabin (our first balcony) for 4 and used a FCC, so got $50 OBC and paid @2677.76 total via ES rate and recently caught 2 price drops and got back $100 total. So...$2687.76 for a balcony and an inside cabin for 6 people. And being from MD...we can drive to port. :D

Ecstasy: 2/11.....5 day.....$170 ea. adult.....$30 each for our 2 grand children in room.

Ship was delayed by fog. Carnival gave us $180 OBC plus 50% refund of total cabin cost (credited to our M/C) plus 50% off future cruise of 4-5 days.

Please explain to me how you managed that. I was on the same cruise, paid about $350 a person and recieved no perks for the fog.

• 1 month later...
Please explain to me how you managed that. I was on the same cruise, paid about $350 a person and recieved no perks for the fog.

Weird. When we have had fog delay's in Galveston, everyone on board automatically gets the same delay compensation. Explanation would be interesting.

Can it not be Carnival? A few years ago (3?) the NCL Sun did a repo from Honolulu to Ensenada...4 island stops and then crossed the Pacific...$599 pp (that was the base price) for a midship BA balcony. Plus I got a great deal on air and so we got to visit Hawaii for (air and cruise) just over a $1000pp.

It was my favorite cruise to date..I thought Hawaii was beautiful.

I only paid aprox $250 total for both my recent Elation cruises. Good for 1 or 2 people. one slighty more than $250, one slightly less. I cant say who I booked them thru without getting into trouble ... but there are discounted deals out there, we just cant discuss them on CC.

... of course I just got my credit card bill for $489.XX and it looks like its all cruise expenses for the last cruise. gas to drive 1400 miles, hotel, and my onboard expenses.

I have 4 more of these highly discounted deals booked too, as cheap as $200 for jewel OTS total for 2 people and as high as $1300 for Oasis with OV balcony confirmed.

These are all group dates, so I had to pick from a list, I had no choice on the dates, some of which were not what I would have picked if I was paying full price. .. but there are groups that have discounted cabins, despite what you hear on CC.

In 2005 we paid $650ish pp for a balcony on the Legend and got upgraded to one of those extended balconies then bumped to aft suite with wraparound balcony. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

I forget what we paid in 2010 but we booked bottom of the boat miracle interior with bunk beds ended up with Main deck 4K and we had $250 in on board credit too.

Our next cruise we are paying $181 pp. 5 day

I was able to get a cabin on the Carnival Paradise in December '09 for the 4 night Catalina/Ensenada cruise for $706 for four people in an ocean view cabin all fees included! I booked only one month ahead.

We got an extended balcony on the Pride this January 1st for 1300 total OBC included.

While that doesn't compare to the deals listed here, we were thrilled because it was a holiday cruise for us.

This summer we are going on an E Med cruise on RCI Mariner.

Prices are very low. But the problem is air is high.

We are paying hundreds more for the air then for an 11 day balcony and we got OBC.

Nuts!:o

The one in 25 days, I guess. I was happy with the price when I booked it, and now we have been upgraded from 8C (balcony) to 8M (aft, extended balcony) and have $400 in OBC. I'm very happy. :D:D:D

Just under $1500 for 2 suites on the Triumph in 03 . I believe it was $369 pp total price , I found a fluke on Carnivals website that allowed this rate , it was 7 day cruise , yes I payed in full as soon as the rate popped up . They never blinked an eye never did figure out what happened. But I do know that someone we met on the cruise through CC spent like $3500 for one suite for 4 people on that cruise , he has never let me forget about that cruise. :):)

Couple of best buys over the years.....5 day Fantasy for $189 pp., Also 7 day Caribbean BALCONY room on Pride for $457pp, 7 day Caribbean Inside (4a) on Triumph...$379pp. Those were the days before CutMan Cahill's reign as CEO.....afraid those days are gone forever.

Just under $1500 for 2 suites on the Triumph in 03 . I believe it was $369 pp total price , I found a fluke on Carnivals website that allowed this rate , it was 7 day cruise , yes I payed in full as soon as the rate popped up . They never blinked an eye never did figure out what happened. But I do know that someone we met on the cruise through CC spent like $3500 for one suite for 4 people on that cruise , he has never let me forget about that cruise. :):)

I think you win the prize so far.

I think you win the prize so far.

I didnt make it up either it really happened our first and only suite , had the cruise of a lifetime . :)

Of course right after I got back I was diagnosed with cancer so the next year was not so fun:(:(

I didnt make it up either it really happened our first and only suite , had the cruise of a lifetime . :)

Of course right after I got back I was diagnosed with cancer so the next year was not so fun:(:(

Im sorry to hear about the cancer :( I believed you.

I think I might win the cheapest ever cruise .. back in the day I paid $37 port fees only to cruise to Bimini (Bahamas).

Unless you count two free cruises on Carnival back when you got a free cruise to nowhere or you could pay port fees within one week of your birthday. Of course your companion if they went had to pay the whole $99, so it wasnt that good unless you went by yourself free. You also got the 7 course dinner free if it was within a week of your birthday. The 7 course dinner they wore white gloves and used to charge $10.

Those are the 3 cruises that Carnival didnt count toward my total. They were so cheap, just port taxes, or free, that I cant really complain about those 3 not counting toward my Carnival total.

Im sorry to hear about the cancer :( I believed you.

I think I might win the cheapest ever cruise .. back in the day I paid $37 port fees only to cruise to Bimini (Bahamas).

Unless you count two free cruises on Carnival back when you got a free cruise to nowhere or you could pay port fees within one week of your birthday. Of course your companion if they went had to pay the whole $99, so it wasnt that good unless you went by yourself free. You also got the 7 course dinner free if it was within a week of your birthday. The 7 course dinner they wore white gloves and used to charge $10.

Those are the 3 cruises that Carnival didnt count toward my total. They were so cheap, just port taxes, or free, that I cant really complain about those 3 not counting toward my Carnival total.

LOL its all good , I'm still on the right side of the grass. :D:D

Those were cheap , yea havent stumbled on of those for a while , I knew it was good deal I had to call Carnival about something pre cruise and the girl was looking at my reservation and was like , man how did you get it that cheap , I can't even get it that cheap. I was like I don't know it was on your website I just hit ok and put in a CC number , she laughed , and said oh ,whatever have a nice time.

I hope that happens to me but with the internet and CC, people would all know about it and be jumping on it before I had a chance of Carnival ever made a mistake like that... but one day I will have a full suite. So far JS on RCL Liberty is the best cabin Iv had.

I hope that happens to me but with the internet and CC, people would all know about it and be jumping on it before I had a chance of Carnival ever made a mistake like that... but one day I will have a full suite. So far JS on RCL Liberty is the best cabin Iv had.

Well I was on CC at the time but never told anyone till after we got back , figured it would get around and somehow get rejected even though I did nothing wrong just booked the price they offered , what happened was all rooms came up the same price at that rate , I was going to book a balcony , my wife was like balcony heck get a suite for the same price. It was nice full tub separate dressing room , and with 2 , balconys opened up. Like I said it was something else. Guess thats why we book a balcony romm since then , that spoiled us, That was the last time our kids sailed with us , as they went off to college and then there careers, so like I said very memorable.

Can it not be Carnival? A few years ago (3?) the NCL Sun did a repo from Honolulu to Ensenada...4 island stops and then crossed the Pacific...$599 pp (that was the base price) for a midship BA balcony. Plus I got a great deal on air and so we got to visit Hawaii for (air and cruise) just over a $1000pp.

It was my favorite cruise to date..I thought Hawaii was beautiful.

LOL I had a blonde moment...I had to read this twice. My first thought was "repossession", and I had a funny thought of a cruise lines tugging yachts back that didnt get paid for!! :D;) Then I thought "duh, Repositioning" :rolleyes: I had to share...:D

My best deals were;

1) RCCL Navigator last November, 5 day Balcony room with a GREAT view for I think it was $459pp. It was the last one towards the back of the ship, and the balcony was slightly larger and had a window on the right side instead of a divider. Best room we have had so far...

2) Carnival Inspiration November 2009 5 day for $800 TOTAL for 2ppl from Tampa.

3) Bahamas, Feb, 5 day on Carnival Fascination. Started in a porthole on riviera and watched for price drops. Ended up with an Oceanview on Main for no extra charge...I thought that was pretty cool ;) The price wasnt excessively low, but I was thrilled to save that extra $. My parents booked an oceanview the same day I booked the porthole, and ended up spending 100 dollars more for the same thing we ended up getting!

Archived