What's your best deal ever!!!

Tripper10

I was wondering what are some of the best deals you have ever had on a cruise price? Was the price through the cruise line or though a travel agent? Was it a upgrade to make it a good deal? What time of year was this cruise? Intrested to hear peoples thoughts.

Personally, I booked a last minute 7 day cruise in March with Costa Cruise line, booked with a online travel agent, one of the more popular ones for $299.00 per person. I was so happy with the deal and enjoyed Costa for a change of pace.

Booked Dream a year in advance for Xmas week cruise 2010. They changed the 7 day cruise to a 9 dayer - we got 2 days for free. Then the price drops began, and we ended up with $1500 obc for 2 cabins by the time we cruised. That is by far the best deal we ever got!

Personally, I booked a last minute 7 day cruise in March with Costa Cruise line, booked with a online travel agent, one of the more popular ones for $299.00 per person. I was so happy with the deal and enjoyed Costa for a change of pace.

I too got a great deal on a Costa cruise but I hated Costa. It was a waste of airfare. I did like their wine package but that was it...

.....balcony on Lido deck, Destiny 5 day cruise, 2 people, $451 total. Carnival updated their prices incorrectly. It ended up costing $411 total because they missed HMC due to high winds and gave us a $20 pp credit.

wasiii

5 day cruise $120 TOTAL!

It was on the SS Veracruz out of Tampa in 1985. I was living in Germany and on vacation in FL to catch my sisters wedding. Ran into a guy who worked for the lines and told me the price, called Germany to extend my stay, and off I went.

The Veracraz was a very small ship, especially by todays standards. It was cozy and by the end of the cruise you felt like you knew everyone. It was great fun. One of it's sister ships was called CARNIVALE, which grew into the mega lines.

Those were the days. :rolleyes:

SSVeracruz.jpg

An inside cabin on the veranda deck ON THE CARNIVAL PRIDE....single occupancy for $429.oo. I was able to treat my grandma to a cruise because of it. I was at work at 2am in the morning and it appeared. :) THIS WAS 8 YEARS AGO AND THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

What cabin category?

Inside gty. I fully expect the worst cabin but I dont care. The other that I paid $1300 for two people is for a D8, the lowest oceanview balcony.

Actually even on the publically advertised rates, tuesday sales have had Oasis down to $399 pp.

Booked last month for a May 30th 8 day cruise out of NYC on the Carnival Miracle. Balcony $849. It's presently $949. I think that's a bargain. The best buy ever on any cruise was 2 liters of Stoli for $22 and yes it seemed to taste better at that price.

Archived