Are Cruise ships to fast

deadmoney

Beard noted in her complaint that her body "swayed terrible" on the Carnival ship, according to court documents. "I had bleeding, which I had not has [sic] in three years," the complaint said.

Most ships in the Carnival fleet are capable of sailing at speeds no greater than 22 to 24 knots -- about 25 to 28 miles per hour.

Huh?? Another someone looking to make a buck.

Maybe they should close all the law schools for about 25 years. Hard to believe somebody would actually take such a stupid case.

I think it was Carnival that took it to court beyond small claims. Carnival was appealing the small claims court refusal to dismiss under the cruise contract. You don't need a lawyer to file in small claims.

The planet Earth travels at thousands of miles per hour. Has the woman sued Planet Earth for damages for traveling too fast?? Or the solar system? Or the Milky Way Galaxy??

She would have sued God but clearly people who launch these lawsuits don't believe in divine retribution.;)

Wait, what?! USA Today got it wrong? Wow.

I can't get over the language of the complaint. "Everyone onboard was sick..." Really? The only generality she can really say is "Everyone onboard was... onboard."

Just remember all generalities are false. 8-)

The judge should laugh at her when he hits his gavel after dismissing the case. How does she know how fast the ship was going? How does she prove that the ship's speed is what caused the sickness and not something else? She can't! What a jokee. The waves cause sea sickness.

The scary thing is that IF this were to go to a jury, there are enough stupid people out there that would vote in her favor just because Carnival is a big company.

Yet another thing to cause our cruise rates to increase....:mad:

Archived