New 7-Nite Itineraries Added for 2011

MightyQuinn

Inspired by the strong response they received to the new 7-nite itineraries in 2012, Oceania has now announced the addition of two 7-nite voyages to their 2011 line-up. So while these shorter sailings haven't been greeted with a lot of enthusiasm here on CC, somebody is interested in them!

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

Inspired by the strong response they received to the new 7-nite itineraries in 2012, Oceania has now announced the addition of two 7-nite voyages to their 2011 line-up. So while these shorter sailings haven't been greeted with a lot of enthusiasm here on CC, somebody is interested in them!

I think they just split a 14 day cruise. At least it's also listed as a 14 day, too.

I guess if you add them to another cruise or land trip it may be worth it

They still look wide open no sold out or waitlisted showing so far

Not worth the flights & jet lag for us we prefer the longer cruises 18+ days

How do they figure how many times you've cruised? If I take a back to back of a 7 day cruise and another 10 day cruise, do I get credit for two cruises (towards my 20, 30 or 40 cruise pin and rewards)?

This could lead to a lot more questions...............

How do they figure how many times you've cruised? If I take a back to back of a 7 day cruise and another 10 day cruise, do I get credit for two cruises (towards my 20, 30 or 40 cruise pin and rewards)?

Yes it counts as 2 cruises

I guess if you add them to another cruise or land trip it may be worth it

They still look wide open no sold out or waitlisted showing so far

Not worth the flights & jet lag for us we prefer the longer cruises 18+ days

We agree

I guess if you add them to another cruise or land trip it may be worth it. They still look wide open no sold out or waitlisted showing so far. Not worth the flights & jet lag for us we prefer the longer cruises 18+ days
Same here. We have little interest in 7-day cruises, although we would consider doing a combo B2B if there were few repeat ports. We prefer the more relaxed rhythm that develops on longer cruises.

I appreciate that a 7-day cruise could be combined with a land trip but that's not our preference. We approach cruising differently than land travel and usually take different clothing, shoes and luggage. We often extend our cruises by a few days in the dis/embarkation city pre or post cruise, but that's about it. We'd rather focus on a longer cruise or a longer land trip and not combine them.

We are booked on the 14 day Venetian Radiance cruise on the Insignia. From what you are saying , it seems they have now split this cruise into 2 7day cruises. Do you think that is because it is not filling up? Will have to check to see if the price for the 2 separate cruises are lower than the full 14 days which we booked some time ago. Our cruise is to leave Barcelona on 10/29 and end in Venice on 11/12 which would be the exact dates of the 2 separate cruises put together.

Lalique, I would guess that Oceania sees an opportunity to increase its reach into a new market by offering two 7-nite cruises as well as the single 14-nite cruise which you already booked. It opens up the possibility of attracting cruisers who can only take shorter trips.

I haven't checked pricing on any of these cruises, but I would be very surprised if the single 14-day was priced higher than the separate cruises done B2B. If so, everyone would cancel and rebook! There does seem to be an advantage, however, in doing the 7-nite cruises B2B, in that you would get credit for 2 cruises rather than just 1 if you did the 14-nite cruise alone.

If they follow previous policy you should get an air credit for one of the cruises as you are only using one round trip flight and there is a 5% credit for booking the second cruise B2B.

Wonder if they realized that!

Lalique, I would guess that Oceania sees an opportunity to increase its reach into a new market by offering two 7-nite cruises as well as the single 14-nite cruise which you already booked. It opens up the possibility of attracting cruisers who can only take shorter trips.

I haven't checked pricing on any of these cruises, but I would be very surprised if the single 14-day was priced higher than the separate cruises done B2B. If so, everyone would cancel and rebook! There does seem to be an advantage, however, in doing the 7-nite cruises B2B, in that you would get credit for 2 cruises rather than just 1 if you did the 14-nite cruise alone.

I did look on the O website and it does cost more to do the two 7 nite cruises B2B as opposed to just doing the original 14 day cruise. I am assuming they are trying to fill up this cruise which does not seem to be too heavily booked at this point.

I did look on the O website and it does cost more to do the two 7 nite cruises B2B as opposed to just doing the original 14 day cruise. I am assuming they are trying to fill up this cruise which does not seem to be too heavily booked at this point.

If you do a B2B they give you the air credit plus 5% off so they take that into account when doing the 7 day cruises as the 14 day option

They do that with the Grand Voyage cruises (not sure if they still do those)

Lyn

Archived