List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

So if Dennis is moving to the Freedom at the end of September, it looks like he will be my CD for the Oct. 7 sailing on the Freedom. I was really looking forward to having Becky as my CD.

I have heard a lot of good things about Dennis. Any other input? How is he?

Thanks.

I am the poster you quoted.

I was sure that I heard Dennis say at our Meet and Mingle that he was going to the Freedom, and he even commented that he's been on all the ships in the fleet except a Freedom class one, so that was about to change. My family thought he said the same thing, so I'm not just imagining it. However, other cruise critics have heard him say he was going to the Serenade. So now I'm not sure - maybe he is doing Serenade and then Freedom?

Anyway, Dennis was fantastic! A very dynamic cruise director who knows how to warm up a crowd before a show and infuse them with enthusiasm. He was very visible, and he talks a lot - I mean that in a positive way because he's very interactive with the passengers, shares lots of stories and is very informative. And, he has a beautiful singing voice.

I was sceptical because Becky left some big shoes to fill, but Dennis certainly filled them and then some!

So if Dennis is moving to the Freedom at the end of September, it looks like he will be my CD for the Oct. 7 sailing on the Freedom. I was really looking forward to having Becky as my CD.

I have heard a lot of good things about Dennis. Any other input? How is he?

Thanks.

I'll share my two cents on Dennis. My family and I sailed on the Mariner August 19th. (13 of us)

Again, please don't flame me, this is only our opinion.

He was my least favorite cruise director out of my 7 sailings. If you have sailed with James Andrews, Alan Brooks, Matt Baker and enjoyed them.... you may very well be disappointed with Dennis. In my opinion he in no way shape or form compares to them. His sense of humor did not come across naturally like that of those that I previously mentioned. Did it put a damper on our vacation?? No way!! We all agreed that Dennis talked a little bit too much and didn't really know when to quit. Our first trip on the Mariner we just enjoyed the CD, James a whole lot more than this one. But then again I think it would be hard to top James, Alan or Matt- OUTSTANDING!!

Just wanted to share our opinion!! Thanks for listening! :p

I'll share my two cents on Dennis. My family and I sailed on the Mariner August 19th. (13 of us)

Again, please don't flame me, this is only our opinion.

He was my least favorite cruise director out of my 7 sailings. If you have sailed with James Andrews, Alan Brooks, Matt Baker and enjoyed them.... you may very well be disappointed with Dennis. In my opinion he in no way shape or form compares to them. His sense of humor did not come across naturally like that of those that I previously mentioned. Did it put a damper on our vacation?? No way!! We all agreed that Dennis talked a little bit too much and didn't really know when to quit. Our first trip on the Mariner we just enjoyed the CD, James a whole lot more than this one. But then again I think it would be hard to top James, Alan or Matt- OUTSTANDING!!

Just wanted to share our opinion!! Thanks for listening! :p

I knew there would be a lot of mixed reviews about Dennnis. I'm sure he is a good CD. I disagree with you about Matt Baker. I expirienced him on Monarch and then Enchantment. I did not care for him. I also did not care for Graham Seymour. The two CD's I really enjoyed were Clo O'Connor and Kirk Detweiler.

I was hoping to get to have Becky has my CD, but I guess Dennis is nice also.

Thanks to all that shared their expiriences with him and to all that do in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. We were looking forward to seeing Allan again (he was on Serenade in 2003). Oh well. How is Dave the Bingo Boy? Not that it matters- it a short 5 night hop down to Bermuda and we'll be ashore for 2 full days (and one night!).

Hahah, Dave used to be the Bingo Boy!? I never knew that. I'm just of the Explorer and I just can't image Dave as the Bingo Boy! Dave is very friendly and don't be afriad to come up to him and introduce yourself and say "G'day!". He's great to have conversations with and I'm sure you'll like him.

Does anyone know anything definate about who the CD will be on the Mariner for 2/24/08?

This is just an educated guess, but if Drew Devine is scheduled to start at the end of September, and the CD contract is for 6 months, then he should still be there on 2/24/08.

Becky will probably have 2 more sailings on the Freedom , this week of Sept. 16-Sept. 23 and Sept. 23- Sept. 30. I am sailing the October 7th, so my CD will probably be Dennis, if he starts Sept. 30, which is the end of September.

Becky's last sailing was last week Sept 9-16th. She left the ship yesterday September 16th.

Okay. So I emailed RCI for my entertainment schedule for October 7, on the Freedom of the Seas. I also asked who the CD was going to be. They told me in my email that Richard Spacey will be our CD for the Oct. 7 sailing of the Freedom. Has anybody had him? How is he?

Okay. So I emailed RCI for my entertainment schedule for October 7, on the Freedom of the Seas. I also asked who the CD was going to be. They told me in my email that Richard Spacey will be our CD for the Oct. 7 sailing of the Freedom. Has anybody had him? How is he?

he is really good, he is by far my favorite CD, alot of energy and always out around the ship talking to people and making sure they are having a great time,

I just got off the Freedom of the Seas yesterday 9-16-07 ..... and that was her last cruise .... they gave her flowers read a letter from her mom and the crew did a farewell video ..... all saying Bye Love .... it was real cute ....

I thought we were pretty lucky as we got to see the Osmond brothers on Thursday evening...

The only thing I did not enjoy about the Freedom was over half the ship did not speak English......

We had him on AOS back in 2004, and he wasn't very dynamic or engaging. In fact, he remains our least favorite CD. However, cruisecritics who have sailed with Kirk more recently have posted quite favorable reviews of him, so it sounds like he's gotten better over the years.,

We had him as our CD on the Mariner in 2004 and on the Serenade in 2006. I have to agree by the second sailing it got "old" as his routine stayed the same and he wasn;'t our favorite.

Leo Papa is CD on Splendour of the Seas. I haven't seen any post mentioning him. Is anybody familiar with him ??

Leo seems like a real nice person. He is very visible around the ship but doesn't "visit" much. When we sailed with him (Feb 9 & 14, 2007) he was very busy. He has been with RCI since 2000.

We had Leo on the Splendour last year and liked him. We did find that he visited around, but not as much as some other CDs.

I knew there would be a lot of mixed reviews about Dennnis. I'm sure he is a good CD. I disagree with you about Matt Baker. I expirienced him on Monarch and then Enchantment. I did not care for him. I also did not care for Graham Seymour. The two CD's I really enjoyed were Clo O'Connor and Kirk Detweiler.

I was hoping to get to have Becky has my CD, but I guess Dennis is nice also.

Thanks to all that shared their expiriences with him and to all that do in the future.

we LOVE Graham. Isn't it such a great thing that there are so many differnet CDs and that they rotate them? Different strokes for different folks!!!:D We were just talking about him on the Monarch last week. We liked JOhnny O ok, not our favorite, but certainly not our least favorite. We were saying that we missed Graham's morning show as he was always entertaining and informative.

One of our favorites was Chris on one of our Rhapsody cruises. I don't see him listed anywhere. Anyone know where he is? Sorry, but I don't remember a lsst name, he was American tho.

:p Cool thread......

Re. Leo Papas: My husband & I sailed transatlantic last April on Splendor with Leo Papas,14 night. We loved him...he's young, from Brazil & was the main male dance instructor with the lead dancer for the many dance lessons. Also he & his Canadian assistant do a late-night TV wrapup that plays on your in-room & is hilareous......of course he is our son's age and reminds us of our son, so we might be a little bit unreliable as reporters.

Just got off the Souvereign out of Port Canaveral/Bahamas and Casey (I think that's his last name, kind of big guy from British Columbia) was the CD; low-key sense of humor, but hilareous, always out & about & definitely ran the most adult Quest we had ever seen.

Taking the Voyager Dec.8,2007 from Barcelona to Galveston....I'll look back in the thread for the answer, but is it possible to find out who/what the entertainment is?

Our most favorite CD has been James from Austrailia.

Last year on the Souvereign/Port Canaveral (10/06) the CD (young guy, short, dark hair,could really croon) sang to my 83-year-old mom & looked straight into her eyes, so that's her favorite, fabulous!

Ciao

Annabel

Last year on the Souvereign/Port Canaveral (10/06) the CD (young guy, short, dark hair,could really croon) sang to my 83-year-old mom & looked straight into her eyes, so that's her favorite, fabulous!

Ciao

Annabel

That would be Chris Armas, yes, he was cool, easy to talk to around the ship.

:p Cool thread......

Re. Leo Papas: My husband & I sailed transatlantic last April on Splendor with Leo Papas,14 night. We loved him...he's young, from Brazil & was the main male dance instructor with the lead dancer for the many dance lessons. Also he & his Canadian assistant do a late-night TV wrapup that plays on your in-room & is hilareous......of course he is our son's age and reminds us of our son, so we might be a little bit unreliable as reporters.

Just got off the Souvereign out of Port Canaveral/Bahamas and Casey (I think that's his last name, kind of big guy from British Columbia) was the CD; low-key sense of humor, but hilareous, always out & about & definitely ran the most adult Quest we had ever seen.

Taking the Voyager Dec.8,2007 from Barcelona to Galveston....I'll look back in the thread for the answer, but is it possible to find out who/what the entertainment is?

Our most favorite CD has been James from Austrailia.

Ciao

Annabel

That would be Chris Armas, yes, he was cool, easy to talk to around the ship.

Chris ARMAS=--that's his last name. he is great. where is he now? I looked at the latest list and did not see him.

Annabel, have yall posted on the Voyager TA roll call yet? If yo u have forgive my memory, I haven't been on much lately. Should be a great group ---lots of Texans on it. And I really liked Leo and it had nothing to do with being biased cuz I have no children! As far as entertainment--search the cruise critic site for the e-mail. I useed to have it, but don't now. there is an e-mail address that you can send to asking for entertainment for specific cruises.

Chris ARMAS=--that's his last name. he is great. where is he now? I looked at the latest list and did not see him.

Annabel, have yall posted on the Voyager TA roll call yet? If yo u have forgive my memory, I haven't been on much lately. Should be a great group ---lots of Texans on it. And I really liked Leo and it had nothing to do with being biased cuz I have no children! As far as entertainment--search the cruise critic site for the e-mail. I useed to have it, but don't now. there is an e-mail address that you can send to asking for entertainment for specific cruises.

See, now I was not a fan of Chris Armas. He was a really nice guy, but I didn't think he was a great CD.

But like an earlier poster said, different strokes for different folks :)

found it

web_reservations@rccl.com (there is a _ between the word web and the word reservations) You can not see it when it is underlined.

I have always asked for the entertainment about 4 -6 weeks in advance of my cruises. Give them your name, booking number, ship and date of sailing. They should answer you within a week or so. ;) If not, send it again. :D

Archived