Almost disapppointed...but then very impressed with Eclipse

oktocruise

Thank you for your review. I never thought to ask for soy milk on our last cruise- I just avoided milk. But it's nice to know it's an option. Glad the staff worked with you.

I have to agree wholeheartedly about the Kids Club staff. It made my sons feel like a million bucks when one of the Kids Club staff called them by name when out and about on the ship. Looking forward to Celebrity Cruise #2.

oktocruise, you say you had an aft cabin with a larger balcony, do you mind telling us the cabin #, we are on the Eclipse TA in 3 weeks and have cabin 1674 which hopefully looks like it may have a slightly larger balcony.

Thanks in anticipation.

We were in cabins #9307 and 9382. They were adjoining meaning you could close an outside hallway door and keep your cabin doors open. Nice if you have kids. Cabin #9382 had a slightly larger balcony by a few feet.

I suggest you go to sticky at top of Celebrity forum and read Solstice Cabin Information. I believe one of the latest summaries is on page 60. We did not have any soot problem by the way.

I also found a pic online that shows back of ship, aft balconies with numbers. This was helpful as well.

1303399515_SolsticeAftwithCabinNumbers.jpg.ab0e3d6064effe4042427114963b4038.jpg

Thank you for your review. I never thought to ask for soy milk on our last cruise- I just avoided milk. But it's nice to know it's an option. Glad the staff worked with you.

I have to agree wholeheartedly about the Kids Club staff. It made my sons feel like a million bucks when one of the Kids Club staff called them by name when out and about on the ship. Looking forward to Celebrity Cruise #2.

We usually drink soy, rice or almond milk. They have soy on board but

told us if we tried to order more than 45 days from cruise then they might be able to get special order milk like rice or almond. They even brought us a bottle of herseys chocolate for special treat for the kids, although that kinda defeated the purpose of the healthy milk! :)

Most of the time we have breakfast in the dining room. Are the waffles just as good there, or should I make a trip to the buffet for them?

:)

I liked them in both areas although I would refer to Texed who is the expert on the subject! :)

Disregard most of this post. I saw you answered most of what I was asking in another reply.

If you have anything else to mention about it, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

OP, What room were you in - Room number?

I have 2 rooms currently on hold for Eclipse. A C1 on the aft of the ship (with the wider balcony) and a C2 on the bump out of the ship on the resort deck. I am unsure which would be better and would like to know more about your experience aft of the ship.

1. How was the walk to get to public areas? What if you forgot something and had to go back? Was it bareable?
  2. How was the balcony? Lots of sun? Too much sun? Was there enough privacy from the balcony's above?
  3. Any soot on the balcony?

Please let me know as much as you can. I am trying to make this decision as best I can. It is for my honeymoon.

Thanks!

Have not had time to write a review as we both came down with colds and very bum feelings. Only had 2 negatives. First dining table had to be changed due to lack of consideration by some 18 people with children sitting behind ou. Could not hear or talk to person next to us. After changing tables sat with delightful couple from Scotland and young professional couple from NJ. Dining in the Qsine was dreadful. Two hours of a crying child completely changed the mood of the evening. Would not visit the venue again as were rushed into ordering food and brought it too quickly. We were not made aware of the options. But rather feed us and get us out of there.

Have not had time to write a review as we both came down with colds and very bum feelings. Only had 2 negatives. First dining table had to be changed due to lack of consideration by some 18 people with children sitting behind ou. Could not hear or talk to person next to us. After changing tables sat with delightful couple from Scotland and young professional couple from NJ. Dining in the Qsine was dreadful. Two hours of a crying child completely changed the mood of the evening. Would not visit the venue again as were rushed into ordering food and brought it too quickly. We were not made aware of the options. But rather feed us and get us out of there.

Oh wow, Qsine is definitely not a venue for a child (in my opinion) as

dinner literally takes 3-4 hours. And it does not sound like you had a good

waiter/waitress either:eek:..they usually help with what is offered and

with different choices. Sorry you did not have an enjoyable time:(

And please folks, no flames about the child comment...it is just my

opinion...I can't see having a child sit for that long to eat dinner.

Sorry you were not feeling well. We missed a chance to say goodbye.

I know this was Spring Break so there were many more kids than normal. I would definitely not take kids to Qsine because of the time factor. When we did specialty dinning we did one night with babysitter and then the next night late dinning when our kid was asleep in stroller in Tuscan Grille. I believe you cannot take kids in Murano but not sure. If kids were not up to dinning room, we always said there was the buffet or room service. :)

Loved reading your review, Oktocruise! We are sailing on the Eclipse in May and have late dining. Can you tell me what time the Celebrity shows took place? Carolyn :)

I am trying to find some of my Celebrity Today news from the cruise. I remember the first night was at 8:30 and 10:45 pm. This takes into account first and second seating for dinner. The other nights were the same or close to these times. The last night is always earlier because they know everyone is packing to get their suitcases in the hallway for pickup.

Anyone else able to confirm show times after opening night?

Most of the time we have breakfast in the dining room. Are the waffles just as good there, or should I make a trip to the buffet for them? :)

I think they are a LOT better fresh off of the grill. ;)

I think they are a LOT better fresh off of the grill. ;)

DH made waffles for b'fast this morning. I told him Celebrity was known for their waffles, so he said we'll have to try them. Of course, even if they are better than hubby's, I'll have to say his are the best! ;)

[quote name='Texed'][B][COLOR=darkred]I think they are a LOT better fresh off of the grill. ;)[/COLOR][/B][/quote]

I agree! I would only get them at buffet when they were fresh off grill (if I happen to go by and they were just putting them out).

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Jo and Rob']Can you tell me if the solarium is an adults only indoor pool or whether children can go there too?[/quote]

Hi Jo, it is an indoor pool and the ages are 19 and above. So yes, it is
an adults only pool.

Archived