Captain's Club Credits?

crzgrl66

I have sailed on Celebrity 4 times in the 90's. When I look up my CC#, it just lists as classic and shows one credit. Does anyone know what would be required to update this information? I don't have credit card receipts or anything from these cruises, just photos and great memories.

Any chance you kept the 'card' (I don't recall what Celebrity calls it - RCCL calls it SeaPass). If so, send them images of those and you should get credit. Worked for me with a cruise on RCCL's Song of America back in '91.

Otherwise if one of those pictures shows you with the daily planner they may give you credit for that cruise.

I have sailed on Celebrity 4 times in the 90's. When I look up my CC#, it just lists as classic and shows one credit. Does anyone know what would be required to update this information? I don't have credit card receipts or anything from these cruises, just photos and great memories.

Might not matter as you may have sailed prior to RCCL acquiring Celebrate. Best to call the Captain's club desk to see if they allow credit for cruises that occured before RCCL bought the line.

Any chance you kept the 'card' (I don't recall what Celebrity calls it - RCCL calls it SeaPass). If so, send them images of those and you should get credit. Worked for me with a cruise on RCCL's Song of America back in '91.

Otherwise if one of those pictures shows you with the daily planner they may give you credit for that cruise.

When we booked for Equinox last spring Celebrity showed a shortage of earned credits for us. Fortunately, I saved all records and passenger cards to show our credits, cabins, length of cruises, which I both Faxed and MailedCelebrity and Captains club rep.

It was a waste of my time as they simply made decisions to omit tiers for concierge cabins, and length of cruises before some arbitrary date, perhaps 2004. I don't remember. It was too much hassle for a free drink; but the fact that we were not allowed in the Sky Lounge at essential times (for us) during the long 24 day spring 2010 cruise will always register as a big Negative of our Celebrity experience.

-Maris

When we booked for Equinox last spring Celebrity showed a shortage of earned credits for us. Fortunately, I saved all records and passenger cards to show our credits, cabins, length of cruises, which I both Faxed and MailedCelebrity and Captains club rep.

It was a waste of my time as they simply made decisions to omit tiers for concierge cabins, and length of cruises before some arbitrary date, perhaps 2004. I don't remember. It was too much hassle for a free drink; but the fact that we were not allowed in the Sky Lounge at essential times (for us) during the long 24 day spring 2010 cruise will always register as a big Negative of our Celebrity experience.

-Maris

Very simple reason and it was not an arbitrary date. It was the date the program giving more than one point for a cruise went into affect. They have been very consistent in this, I had the same problem and had a couple of suites prior to the starting of the program and they were only counting them as one point. Bascially, you would be getting a benefit that was not a benefit at the time you cruised. Once you make an exception for one you have to make it for all, and once you make it for all, then someone will ask for another exception.

Might not matter as you may have sailed prior to RCCL acquiring Celebrate. Best to call the Captain's club desk to see if they allow credit for cruises that occured before RCCL bought the line.

I went through this a little over a year ago. As long as you can prove it they will accept any cruise since Celebrity was established. I had several cruises that I received credit for in the early 90s because I had the proof. This was well before RCCL took Celebrity over. Actually, on my record of cruises which they counted way back when was a cruise on Chandris cruises which was the pre cursor to Celebrity..

we always check that we are given proper credit when we get home & now we will just look through our old albums & folders to make sure we did not miss any extra points.. it looks like that get it right for us..

Sometime in the 90's they changed over their computer system, and "lost" all records of my prior cruises.. Luckily, I saved the documents, faxed them in and got credit. I think its as simple as faxing them documentation..

Hope this helps.

I used to book all the Celebrity cruises,my BF never paid much attention. He finally decided to get with the program, called CC but had no records for early cruises so no credits. He finally made it to Elite last cruise.You would have thought he won the lottery. He says he will not cruise any other line now.

I went through this a little over a year ago. As long as you can prove it they will accept any cruise since Celebrity was established. I had several cruises that I received credit for in the early 90s because I had the proof. This was well before RCCL took Celebrity over. Actually, on my record of cruises which they counted way back when was a cruise on Chandris cruises which was the pre cursor to Celebrity..

Hmmm? How would I prove it. I do have the card from our most recent celebrity cruise in 97. The three cruises before that, I don't have cards nor receipts. I have my original Captains Club card that was issued in 92. I never thought to keep the individual key cards. I'm bummed that they lost records. I think I will give them a call.

Hmmm? How would I prove it. I do have the card from our most recent celebrity cruise in 97. The three cruises before that, I don't have cards nor receipts. I have my original Captains Club card that was issued in 92. I never thought to keep the individual key cards. I'm bummed that they lost records. I think I will give them a call.

I used my original card as well as some pictures. There are not a lot of people who have the original cards with I believe only five numbers. Try and deal with one person and if necessary get a supervisor involved. I had a whole list of cruises that had been previously listed and for whatever reason removed, probably in one of the several computer changes.

I used my original card as well as some pictures. There are not a lot of people who have the original cards with I believe only five numbers. Try and deal with one person and if necessary get a supervisor involved. I had a whole list of cruises that had been previously listed and for whatever reason removed, probably in one of the several computer changes.

Thanks Don. I do have pictures and the original card with 5 digits. At least I feel better that they will accept other proof than just the key card. I guess I will be keeping those from now on. :D

Are the photos ones that were bought onboard from their photo operation? I was able to use this to get my sister credit for a cruise she did ten years ago with this type of proof. It should have printing on the back indicating when and from which ship the pictures came.

Are the photos ones that were bought onboard from their photo operation? I was able to use this to get my sister credit for a cruise she did ten years ago with this type of proof. It should have printing on the back indicating when and from which ship the pictures came.

Yes, they are pictures that we bought onboard. I will have to look at the back of the photos. Printed on the front of the photo in the bottom corner, it has the name of the ship.

Scan the photos and attached them to an email to the Capt's Club along with the date of the cruise and any other details, like cabin #, you have. That should work especially if your listed cruise isn't on that ship. I also attached a copy of my sister's passport photo page to use to identify her. A driver's license or any other government issued ID would also do.

Archived