Would you give up porthole for $20 obc?

cruiserkelly

Booked ES and price dropped for pack n' go. Was told by CCL that they would honor the price drop, " you must forfeit your current cabin assignment and a new cabin number will be assigned by Carnival up to 24 hours prior to the sailing." I'm thinking we're going to take it...we don't cruise for the cabin. What would you do?

To me... $20 is worth it for a natural light room. I don't like the complete darkness of an interior. BUT if you don't mind, and the $20 is better for you... go for it... Now.. if it was more... than I would just suck it up and bring a night light plug in....

I wouldn't give up a port hole, only to get an inside cabin for $20. Only if I was guaranteed to at least to get a port hole or better. You could end up with a balcony.

They didn't say what kind of room we would get, just that we would forfeit our current room for a new one assigned by Carnival. And, we're sailing on Elation, no balconies :(

Honestly don't get the question. You picked an inside porthole so you clearly like some view.

Is the point that you are hoping to get bumped to an ocean view cabin?

If there is no chance of such an upgrade would you really want to change rooms for $20 ? $20 ? Really ?

Honestly don't get the question. You picked an inside porthole so you clearly like some view.

Is the point that you are hoping to get bumped to an ocean view cabin?

If there is no chance of such an upgrade would you really want to change rooms for $20 ? $20 ? Really ?

Honestly...we didn't "pick" the porthole and we don't "clearly like some view". We "picked" an inside cabin at first, then were offered a porthole at same price, so we took that.

"The point" is not that we get bumped to an ocean view, we are on a really tight budget this cruise, so we don't really care about the room, just trying to save some money.

And 20 bucks is 2 DOD's ;)

Honestly...we didn't "pick" the porthole and we don't "clearly like some view". We "picked" an inside cabin at first, then were offered a porthole at same price, so we took that.

"The point" is not that we get bumped to an ocean view, we are on a really tight budget this cruise, so we don't really care about the room, just trying to save some money.

Fair enough ! If it has no value to you - take the cash.

I wouldn't give up the porthole for any amount of money. Back in 1981 we had our one and only cruise in an inside cabin. There was no clock so we had no clue what time it was. Our do not disturb sign was out and the steward just followed instructions. We woke up mid afternoon and missed the port we most wanted to see. I also stubbed my big toe in the dark and broke it. Medical bills were more than the difference between an inside and oceanview cabin. We decided never to be penny wise and pound foolish from that point on. VALUE not PRICE is what really matters.

I would re submit the form... I booked a PT room early saver, and there was a last minute discount for GTY Insides... I sent in the form just for giggles, not expecting to get it....

and I did.

But no way would I give up a PT room for an inside, because chances are good they are probably on Riviera deck..which is not my deck of choice...

You just answered your own question

Archived