Help please, when does stockholders credit

bcnvcanada

Princess will either send a confirmation to you or your TA once the credit has been applied. We have never had to fax our request more than once -- they always apply the credit within one business week.

Story re: CCL ownership. We were just on the Star; 2 legs; 14 from SCL to RIO and then 15 from RIO to FLL. I was speaking to a couple on the first leg about CCL stock, they were interested. Emailed their broker, got email confirmation of buy, emailed confirmation to TA for submission to Princess, and VOILA! $250 OBC on the next leg of the cruise.

I would say that's being proactive. :D BTW, I believe you need at least 5 days precruise to apply, though not definitely sure about that.

Just a point of clarification, if someone could be so kind: "To obtain the Shareholder's OBC with Princess, can the 100 shares be in joint names with your spouse, or do Princess consider that to be only 50 shares each?" :confused:
Our shares are held in a joint brokerage account with no problem.

What happens if you sell the stock before your cruise? Do you still get the OBC?

As long as you produce evidence you owned the stock, it does not matter if you subsequently sell it. At least in the US, most stock is held by a brokerage firm in a "street name" the company, in this case Carnival Corp, does not know who wons their stock

What happens if you sell the stock before your cruise? Do you still get the OBC?

Yes, once it's credited to your account, you can sell it. There are lots of folks who play that game, but hopefully not with a full service broker.

Do you have to resubmit that you have the stock everytime you cruise or do they automatically give you the OBC after you submit it the first time?

You have to resubmit after final payment is made.

Do you have to resubmit that you have the stock everytime you cruise or do they automatically give you the OBC after you submit it the first time?

You need to submit verification of ownership each time you cruise.

The amount depends on the length of the cruise. Here is the explanation on Carnival Corporation's website.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Thanks for your quick response. It appears like something worth looking into since we're recently retired and plan to cruise frequently with Princess.

Thanks for your quick response. It appears like something worth looking into since we're recently retired and plan to cruise frequently with Princess.

If you plan to sail often with any of the Carnival Corporation lines, it is a great deal. I have had the stock a little under two years, and sometime next year, my OBC will exceed what I paid for it.

What do you have to show them in order to get the credit for being a stockholder. Most people do not have paper stock certificates. Can copies of brokerage statements be faxed to someone to show that you own their stock? Thanks for your help.;)

What do you have to show them in order to get the credit for being a stockholder. Most people do not have paper stock certificates. Can copies of brokerage statements be faxed to someone to show that you own their stock? Thanks for your help.;)

That's exactly what's needed; copy of your brokerage statement showing a minimum of 100 shares of CCL.

You can black out things like account number and social security number if they appear on your documentation.

What do you mean by "held in an IRA account?"

I currently have an IRA that I can draw on at any time. Can I use that money to purchase the stock? How do I go about that?

They are referring to an Individual Retirement Account that is with a firm that offers brokerage services. They can purchase individual stocks in their accounts.

Archived