Help please, when does stockholders credit

bcnvcanada

Does Carnival Corp currently pay dividends to its stockholders in addition to the OBC.?

Should be back to 10 cents/share, though I heard perhaps 25 cents. Doesn't matter to me. Nobody can give me the return I'm getting just for OBC.

Can someone tell me where to fax the copy of the brokerage statement, is it Princess, or to Carnival Corporation? We have been cruising Princess for years and never thought about the fact that we owned stock in the company.

Should be back to 10 cents/share, though I heard perhaps 25 cents. Doesn't matter to me. Nobody can give me the return I'm getting just for OBC.

It was raised to 25 cents per share per quarter for the March payment. I think the payment date was the 11th, but I am not sure.

Can someone tell me where to fax the copy of the brokerage statement' date=' is it Princess, or to Carnival Corporation? We have been cruising Princess for years and never thought about the fact that we owned stock in the company.[/quote']

You send it to the cruise line you are sailing with. Here is the link to the Carnival Corporation website with all the directions.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

What about the the "reservations must be made by Feb 28 2011" caveat in the link above?

I've been a stockholder for 12 years and each annual report says the same thing, with the expiration date being July of that year. It's always changed when the new report is issued.

I've made final payment for my Oct Ruby TA cruise already to lock in my airfare. Could I submit it now or wait until the real final payment date in Aug?

You can try. The worst is that they will tell you to try again later.

They are referring to an Individual Retirement Account that is with a firm that offers brokerage services. They can purchase individual stocks in their accounts.

I like the idea of putting it in an IRA. Buy it and forget about it. Collect OBC when cruising on CCL ships. :D

I like the idea of putting it in an IRA. Buy it and forget about it. Collect OBC when cruising on CCL ships. :D

From a financial standpoint, it might be better outside of an IRA unless it is a Roth IRA.

Whenever you withdraw it from the IRA (as shares or $$ after selling), it will be taxed at your marginal income tax rate. If you held it outside of an IRA, profits would be taxed at the lower capital gains rate.

From a financial standpoint, it might be better outside of an IRA unless it is a Roth IRA.

Whenever you withdraw it from the IRA (as shares or $$ after selling), it will be taxed at your marginal income tax rate. If you held it outside of an IRA, profits would be taxed at the lower capital gains rate.

Put it in a Roth IRA and you pay not tax on the dividends or capital gains if you follow the rules for withdrawals

I don´t own actual Carnival stock, but I do own some of their commercial paper (debentures) that pays a nice return. I hold it in my IRA and Carnival recognizes this the same as stock for their credit benefit.

In terms of timing, I submitted a new request on March 3 for a Feb 2012 cruise and received an immediate email reply that it was being processed. I still haven´t received confirmation so I sent a second request today and they immediately responded that it was still in process and thanked me for my patience. I don´t know why it is taking so long this time, as it hasn´t been this difficult in the past.

:D

I don´t own actual Carnival stock, but I do own some of their commercial paper (debentures) that pays a nice return. I hold it in my IRA and Carnival recognizes this the same as stock for their credit benefit.

In terms of timing, I submitted a new request on March 3 for a Feb 2012 cruise and received an immediate email reply that it was being processed. I still haven´t received confirmation so I sent a second request today and they immediately responded that it was still in process and thanked me for my patience. I don´t know why it is taking so long this time, as it hasn´t been this difficult in the past.

It's taking long, because you need to have first made final payment. And since your cruise is not until 2012, highly unlikely you have already done so.

It's taking long, because you need to have first made final payment. And since your cruise is not until 2012, highly unlikely you have already done so.

You are probably right. Thanks for the heads up.

Spoke to Princess today and confirmed that our stockholders credit has been placed on our account.

Apparently, you don´t need to have made final payment to get the credit. I would recommend you apply as soon as you´ve booked the cruise.

Spoke to Princess today and confirmed that our stockholders credit has been placed on our account.

Apparently, you don´t need to have made final payment to get the credit. I would recommend you apply as soon as you´ve booked the cruise.

Well, that's something new. I'm going to give it a whirl.

Archived