a rant

Wow - absolutely gorgeous photos of a truly beautiful shower.

Thanks so much! It was difficult doing the couples shower on Friday & the bridal shower on Sat., but the nice thing is, I'm done! Her friends are throwing her one more this Sat, but all I have to do for that is bring a hostess gift.

I hate how brides think that because they are getting married it makes them queen for a year (or however long it is from engagement to wedding day)

NEWSFLASH

Your not the only person whose ever gotten married.

My sister was a bit of a BRIDEZILLA.

She wanted all of her bridesmaids to go with her to see the movie Mamma Mia. This wasnt for her hens night or bridal shower this was just ebcause she wanted it. This was also months before her wedding. And i put ALL in bold because there were 6 of us. I was like umm you can try tell me what to do on the day but thats it.

She also wanted us to have these acrylic nails with diamontes on them. Acrylic nails for 6 of us!!!!:eek:. She had this stupid idea of getting a photo done with us clasping our bouquets and our nails sparkling. She wasn't paying of course my mum offered to pay for a large portion of the wedding before even realizing how much it was going to cost. I wasn't having any of this either. Not only because i knew my parents needed money to retire on and my sister was all to happy to spend it, i just don't do nails. Of course the groom was like "But if its what she wants then you just have to do it" Excuse me! I was willing to get the tips added on to my nails and i was even attempting to grow my own, but that wasn't good enough. The fact is i work with my hands in a factory there was no way i was going to be able to do my job with nails on. Getting acrylics for a weekend and then somehow getting them removed on monday before i went to work in the afternoon just seem well ridiculous. Not to mention when you are not used to wearing nails it can be very hard to do normal day to day duties. My mum ended up speaking to my sis and she relented to allow me to get tips that were shorter and easy to remove.

Man wasnt i just the best bridesmaid:D i bet when my older sister gets married she wont be asking me to be in the bridal party. My joke through out the whole thing is that i was bridesmaid number 2 as i give my sister the S#!ts lol

Hi Nellie,

She's definitely not a Bridezilla, hasn't asked or demanded anything out of budget, but I think maybe it's more me than her, she likes something, & I become hell bent on making it happen...

I had to laugh at your description of the fake nails...I guess to each her own, right? I'm trying to picture DD or her friends with something like that on, probably not unless it was halloween !

Those flowers are gorgeous! (My peonies are budding now - haven't bloomed yet;))

My (younger) sister got married last August - I was her matron of honor. She wanted all the bridesmaids to wear flat shoes (but it was a summer formal wedding - can't exactly wear flip flops) Her reason - the groom is short. Um, sis, I'm taller than the groom in bare feet - is a 2inch pr of cute sandals on me really going to make a difference? Is anyone going to be looking at the bridesmaids anyway? But as a good sister, I found as many pairs of "appropriate" shoes as I could, as well as the pair I wanted - and sent her photos of all of them on my feet while wearing the bridesmaid dress- and she liked the ones I liked best too - despite the 2" heel. All's well that ends well:D

We just squandered a lot of cruise money on my wife's daughter's wedding, several hundred in flowers. As it was March, Tulips were at least reasonable.

We also used Beta fish in small vases with clear marbles; they are as cheap as flowers and are a good table gift. Certainly none were left after the event.

Ok, now I'm off to the nursery to buy coyote urine because the squirrels are burying their nuts in our brand new lawn.

As this is Texas, we could send you coyote urine complete with a live coyote!! How many do you need??:D

Those flowers are gorgeous! (My peonies are budding now - haven't bloomed yet;))

My (younger) sister got married last August - I was her matron of honor. She wanted all the bridesmaids to wear flat shoes (but it was a summer formal wedding - can't exactly wear flip flops) Her reason - the groom is short. Um, sis, I'm taller than the groom in bare feet - is a 2inch pr of cute sandals on me really going to make a difference? Is anyone going to be looking at the bridesmaids anyway? But as a good sister, I found as many pairs of "appropriate" shoes as I could, as well as the pair I wanted - and sent her photos of all of them on my feet while wearing the bridesmaid dress- and she liked the ones I liked best too - despite the 2" heel. All's well that ends well:D

Thanks, I was really happy with how the cake & flowers turned out! Sounds like you're a great sister, it's funny how every little detail is so important!

We just squandered a lot of cruise money on my wife's daughter's wedding, several hundred in flowers. As it was March, Tulips were at least reasonable.

We also used Beta fish in small vases with clear marbles; they are as cheap as flowers and are a good table gift. Certainly none were left after the event.

As this is Texas, we could send you coyote urine complete with a live coyote!! How many do you need??:D

Thanks, we've got plenty of our here though! They used to run through our property every night, but now that we have the gates up, they avoid us. We had a brand new lawn put in the front part of our house before the showers, & after about a week these tiny holes started showing up, not like moles or gophers, they weren't coming from under the lawn, something was digging down, when the landscape guy checked them, he found little stashes of walnuts (apparently there's a black walnut tree way out back...who knew?)

Our local nursery sells the coyote urine, it actually worked. :)

Archived