Whos Cruising and When ?

Memories, Ann. Travel is one of my passions.

I have a wish list of places that intrigue me, which I research (internet, hard copy and asking questions).

In this case, I've always wanted to cruise along the St Lawrence Seaway, visit Newfoundland and the islands south of Newfoundland.

Yes, I will do a report, Margo K, as it is difficult to find reviews of cruises, such as this one.

We have Eastern Canada pencilled in for late northern summer/early fall 2012-- research under way, so I am very interested in your trip.

Please post a review on the Aust NZ cruisers site so Margo ( a big hello to you Margaret) and I can read about this adventure.

Enjoyable background reading ,hard copy available, used, from 6 cents from Amazon ; Kindle $14.

THE DAY THE WORLD CAME TO TOWN: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland Journalist Defede calls our attention to a sidelight of the events of September 11, when the town of Gander (pop. 10,000) was overwhelmed by more than 6,500 air travelers grounded when U.S. airspace was shut down. For a week, DeFede relates, the locals provided food, shelter and supplies and reassurance; "they placed their lives on hold for a group of strangers and asked nothing in return." Here the generous Newfoundlanders get due recognition.

Copyright 2002 Reed Business Information, Inc

After reading that book, we want to meet Newfoundlanders.

Apologies for hijacking this thread. I'll go back to my corner (actually, I will go to work ).

regards, Ann

Now that is a bit different..had me working google hard on that one. Sounds great.

Welcome to Cruising and Cruise Critic, Would like your named added to the list for the Sun Princess as well?

Hi David

Thank you for your greeting.

Yes would be good to add us to the list.

Regards

Marie & Malcolm

Hi Sandysu,

Who is operating your 2015 cruise?

"26 March 2015 - 36 days Fremantle to Rome. On the 100th anniversary of Anzac Day, we'll watch the sun come up over Anzac Cove."

"Lest We Forget"

Thanks.

John

I did 90th anniversary of Anzac Day and it was packed. I did a Land based tour. However, there were tour buses for miles. To get into the dawn service had to go in a whole 12 hours prior. Never forget the experience. It was a amazing.

Edited by icat2000

Hi David, unfortunately we've had to cancel the cruise departing 12 December on Celebrity Century. We are still cruising on the one before departing 30 November.

So unfortunately we'll be getting off while you're getting on...

Jilly:)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers