Packing to leave this Sat. and I need some help!

danajjj

We are leaving this Sat. on the Sun, and since this is our first NCL cruise, I'm not sure what is considered appropriate dress for the different dining venues.

What is appropriate for the "dressier" dining room (mostly for a man)? I'm assuming slacks and a golf shirt are fine. Correct? What about jeans? I know that shorts are fine for the other more casual MDR.

Same question for the different dining venues such as Moderno. Would jeans be okay? Shorts?

Thanks for your help. I have read that its dress as you like, etc. But, I wasn't sure if that's dress as you like for any venue or if it was dress as you like and we have several venues to suit.

It is pretty much "dress as you want" for all venues. A golf shirt and slacks would be fine for any of the restaurants. It is not unusual to see jeans.

For the dress up or not nights you will see some folks dressed up (I saw some kilts on my Epic cruise in November) but it's pretty casual for most. :) Enjoy!

We are leaving this Sat. on the Sun, and since this is our first NCL cruise, I'm not sure what is considered appropriate dress for the different dining venues.

What is appropriate for the "dressier" dining room (mostly for a man)? I'm assuming slacks and a golf shirt are fine. Correct? What about jeans? I know that shorts are fine for the other more casual MDR.

Same question for the different dining venues such as Moderno. Would jeans be okay? Shorts?

Thanks for your help. I have read that its dress as you like, etc. But, I wasn't sure if that's dress as you like for any venue or if it was dress as you like and we have several venues to suit.

Smart or resort casual clothing is fine for the dining rooms or specialty restaurants. For a man, a nice pair of slacks and a sport shirt or golf shirt should be okay. Pesonally, I would only wear jeans or shorts to the buffet (but, that's just me). That's the beauty of Freestyle--you really don't have to be "formally dressed", unless you want to.

On our cruise in Jan. nice jeans and a collar shirt (polo) was acceptable everywhere. If you include that for him or a pair of khakis and a polo he will be good. For a woman same thing except your shirt doesn't have to be a polo, just no regular t-shirts. My husband wore black jeans and alternated one of two golf shirts he brought.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I was really confused with the "dress as you like" theme. To sum it up, the dress code is business casual for the dressier MDR and most specialty restaurants, very casual (i.e. shorts) and we have several places for you to choose from and a MDR, and dress up or not on formal night. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Again, thanks. Although we are newbies to NCL, we are seasoned cruisers (I think this is #17), and I have NEVER had this much trouble packing for a cruise.:D

I too will be on this cruise with my 2 kids - ages 9 and 12 - and was writing out a list of clothes to take. I have cruised with Disney and RC but not NCL so I wondered how dressy we should get. I will def take these hints to heart to keep the luggage to a min since I will be handling it without hubby being on this cruise to help out.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I was really confused with the "dress as you like" theme. To sum it up, the dress code is business casual for the dressier MDR and most specialty restaurants, very casual (i.e. shorts) and we have several places for you to choose from and a MDR, and dress up or not on formal night. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Again, thanks. Although we are newbies to NCL, we are seasoned cruisers (I think this is #17), and I have NEVER had this much trouble packing for a cruise.:D

That's about it. In short, you don't have to worry about what to wear, and you don't have to pack those size 10 dress shoes that take up half the suitcase (well, they seem to anyway).

There's no difference between the two main dining rooms; same menu, same dress code, just different locations. For men, a polo shirt is fine in either, or even tee shirts.

I'd be interested to see if you miss the formal nights since you are a seasoned cruiser. Freestyle isn't for everyone, but for me ... well, I won't put on a tie again unless someone forces me. So its nice to have the choice of eating where I like rather than being limited to room service or the buffet!

Archived