Anyone else have computer "timeout" issues on CC?

klfrodo

Or is it just me.

AOL 9.6

Windows 7 OS

Seems to only happen on Cruise Critic.

I click on a link to read a post and my computer just sits there. Eventually I receive an error saying website not found.

problem is intermittant but too frequent.

AOL 9.6 (with windows vista) has been doing this regularly for the last two weeks, not just CC, but lots of other sites, too. I think they have done something to reduce the amount of bandwidth available, since I haven't had this many problems since we got Time Warner broadband in 2001.

It's been a little better when I go directly to Internet Explorer, but it also screws up sometimes.

• Administrators
Or is it just me.

AOL 9.6

Windows 7 OS

Seems to only happen on Cruise Critic.

I click on a link to read a post and my computer just sits there. Eventually I receive an error saying website not found.

problem is intermittant but too frequent.

We are not optimized for use directly on AOL's software.

Can you try using an updated browswer, such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, to access and let me know if it is better

• Administrators

Just wanted to add that we run a backup at around 3am ET, and it lasts for about an hour, which may slow down access at that time.

Laura

Can you try using an updated browswer, such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, to access and let me know if it is better

Will try IE for the next couple of days and let you know.

Mine Happens in the wee hours of the morning, around 3-5am.

Just wanted to add that we run a backup at around 3am ET, and it lasts for about an hour, which may slow down access at that time.

Laura

I am using FF and get the page hang all the time around midnight on the west coast. Thanx Laura for telling us.

I use Firefox exclusively and seldom get page timeouts.

I also use Firefox exclusively, and get the page timeouts every single day. I am in Iraq (7 hour time difference from east coast), so I am on apparently during their back up timeframe. It lasts about an hour to an hour and a half, then I can get back on again.

...I try to remember never to access Cruise Critic while open on AOL. I shut it down and reopen CC on IE. Much faster!

Using internet explorer and still have intermittent problems. Started approximately a couple of weeks ago. I am glad to hear about the 3-5 am EST work on the site. Didn't know why it was so bad around midnight PCT trying to be on the site - now I do. It will keep me from staying up so late...

Mine Happens in the wee hours of the morning, around 3-5am.

That would be about right. Same happens to me from 12-3am here on west coast (PST)

I always suspected this might be the time they are updating stuff on the website. I find it really annoying because sometimes it's the only time I can get on the net so I have to miss a lot.

Archived