Help with RCL site???

cmse9

Yes..........been like that for the past 8 days. :mad::eek:
Yes, very frustrating now and emails to RCI have achieved nothing, but as many book via a TA this doesn't seem to bother RCI, loads of the new sailings announced have already been booked and most of the choice cabins have gone.

I don't see what everyone has against the Royal Caribbean website. It does everything I want it to do.

Can you get it to price out an Explorer cruise from June-Aug 2012?

I've tried all my Harry Potter spells and it's just not happening.

I don't see what everyone has against the Royal Caribbean website. It does everything I want it to do.

Consider yourself lucky! Ever since RCCL changed their website, I have had constant problems. :mad:

In my opinion, the reason why the constant problems haven't been fixed is because when you call about the problem the person on the other end has NO IDEA of what you are talking about and just makes excuses for all of the problems. I have made at least ten calls and sent several emails but not one person from the IT department has called me to date. If they are not walking through with the customers what the individual problems are, they will NEVER solve the problems, seems like lack of common sense to me. :rolleyes:

The most annoying part is they have no problem giving you instant attention when the problem concerns not being able to book excursions. When I called with this problem, they helped me immediately. :rolleyes:

If my husband produced work like this, he would be FIRED in a second.:mad:

Might be your web browser. I'd try Firefox if you are not doing so. A lot of web pages have graphics and things that will not load right in other browsers. Chrome is also a good choice. :)

Might be your web browser. I'd try Firefox if you are not doing so. A lot of web pages have graphics and things that will not load right in other browsers. Chrome is also a good choice. :)

I can price out other cruises just fine, I just can't price out the most recently loaded ones. I called, and the rep said to me, after a long wait on hold, "They are still loading in the new cruises so it might be a little bit longer..."

Their website is run by monkeys. Forget that, I don't want to insult monkeys!

I use to love the RCCL website. It was easy to get around. I would always bring it up on my mobile phone when I was booking and checking rates.

Since they changed the website its been awful! no more bringing it up on the phone. It does not load after the first page. Even on my computer when I checking something yesterday and pretending to book to get

prices it would not go to the last page and would direct me somewhere else.

Well, I am glad its not just me but as I said in another post, with the exception of a few people at RCCL, a lot of the people working there

are beyond incompetent, They do not know what you are talking about

half the time and they give out erraneous information.

about a month ago I was making a payment online for a cruise I had held.

There was already $50 on the deposit as I had exchanged a previously booked cruise from a WOW sale. Now this new one I just had to put down another $50. Okay, so I go online and go pay the $50 and get "error" message. It also said "unavailable cabin". I said "what?" to my computer so I tried it again and same thing happened. I then called RCCL and

got some guy on the phone and I told him my issues with the website.

he asked me for my credit card number and he puts me on hold. Then returns and says "i took care of it for you. $100 was charged'. I said

"$100, I told you that I had $50 already on there.' then in disgust

I called my bank to tell them that this guy placed $100 on my card

when there should have been $50 and asked what I should do.

The bank said "RCCL charged you $200 today - 1 charge for $50, a 2nd

charge for $50 and a third for $100.00. OMG - those error messages

turned out to be charges.

This whole system RCCL has is full of incompetents working for RCCL

and an inferior website and system. I am so disgusted. There was

never problems like this before they changed it!

good luck everybody

I can price out other cruises just fine, I just can't price out the most recently loaded ones. I called, and the rep said to me, after a long wait on hold, "They are still loading in the new cruises so it might be a little bit longer..."

Their website is run by monkeys. Forget that, I don't want to insult monkeys!

Ha! Ha! Thanks for the good laugh! :D Sorry for your misery though. :(

I use Firefox, had the problem for over a week. I had to call them to book a 2012 TA. :mad:

I use Firefox, had the problem for over a week. I had to call them to book a 2012 TA. :mad:

Guess it's not the browser...just a thought. I haven't had any problems booking from their website. Guess I was just lucky. :p

I have been trying to book online for over a week. I have called RCI and sent emails to no avail. I have tried different computers and different browsers. It is the RCI website that is the problem!!!

Also, the RCI representatives that you speak to are either incompetent or completely uninformed or both.

Very frustrating!!

BIG Problems. On the advice of another CCr, I called a C&A rep and she was able to replicate the exact same problem I was having and said she would report it. That was the day before yesterday, I think.

Since I wanted an aft on my 2012 cruise, I ended up callling and reserving, but still I like to keep track of current pricing, etc. to check on price drops, etc. Cannot do that now.

Really, really lame.

It is frustrating. Their online chat doesn't work either. I guess RCI doesn't want to do online bookings anylonger. I wish they would dump the new system and go back to the old one.. Of course they probably paid big bucks for it and some saleman is probably still laughing.:mad:

Just a heads up, finally everything is up and running on RCI's site. ;)
Thanks for the info, there's a few icons missing, but at least I can get to the next page to get a price!:D

Hang on, I'll take that back. Managed to access 1 sailing for 2012, but now every other one I try I get 'Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later'!

Consider yourself lucky! Ever since RCCL changed their website, I have had constant problems. :mad:

In my opinion, the reason why the constant problems haven't been fixed is because when you call about the problem the person on the other end has NO IDEA of what you are talking about and just makes excuses for all of the problems. I have made at least ten calls and sent several emails but not one person from the IT department has called me to date. If they are not walking through with the customers what the individual problems are, they will NEVER solve the problems, seems like lack of common sense to me. :rolleyes:

The most annoying part is they have no problem giving you instant attention when the problem concerns not being able to book excursions. When I called with this problem, they helped me immediately. :rolleyes:

If my husband produced work like this, he would be FIRED in a second.:mad:

I was having problems getting into mtd to edit it, and could not get there. I tried for 2 weeks and finally called RC and she told me she would send it over to the (no customer service) IT department. She said it could take a week to a month for them to fix it. No calls will be made to let you know it or when it will be fixed. Just keep trying. Poor service if you ask me.

I had a problem the other day. I have our room booked. We made our deposit of $500 but haven't made the final payment. We have an E1 room and I wanted to see the price difference on the D level rooms. So I clicked on something and it pops up and says your room selection is no longer available at the original price. I figured - no problem, I'm just looking. I decided that the cost to upgrade wasn't worth it and clicked Exit. I go back in to check on something else and notice that I am now in an E2 room on a different deck and my original room is showing as open and $1000 more than we had it booked for!! So I call immediately and they say no problem, we can put you in the E1 room. It was a good thing I remembered how much our room was because they were going to charge the additional $1000. They had to call down to someone else who was finally able to see our original booking and get everything reversed.

At no point while I was looking did it ask me to confirm a room change or anything. I was shocked! No more snooping for me I guess.

I had a problem the other day. I have our room booked. We made our deposit of $500 but haven't made the final payment. We have an E1 room and I wanted to see the price difference on the D level rooms. So I clicked on something and it pops up and says your room selection is no longer available at the original price. I figured - no problem, I'm just looking. I decided that the cost to upgrade wasn't worth it and clicked Exit. I go back in to check on something else and notice that I am now in an E2 room on a different deck and my original room is showing as open and $1000 more than we had it booked for!! So I call immediately and they say no problem, we can put you in the E1 room. It was a good thing I remembered how much our room was because they were going to charge the additional $1000. They had to call down to someone else who was finally able to see our original booking and get everything reversed.

At no point while I was looking did it ask me to confirm a room change or anything. I was shocked! No more snooping for me I guess.

You can snoop...:)......just make sure you are not logged in when you do!!

You can snoop...:)......just make sure you are not logged in when you do!!

I guess I learned my lesson. Seems stupid that it would change your booking without making you confirm anything. Bad customer service IMO.

Archived