Special Food Requests

crusinpeg

I have been noticing lately alot of mention of special food requests that have been made (not necessarily heath or diet related) and was curious as to what are some of your favorites might be? The most adventureous I've been is to order mixed berries for breakfast.

We were told that there were no more mixed berries, only strawberries, on our recent Emerald cruises (over 3 months, so it wasn't a one-time thing). Too sad.

But, to answer your question, our only special request ever was DH requesting the breakfast steak menu item several times.

My husband has gotten shrimp cocktail everynight. One night I asked for their Fetticine Alfredo in a Cheese Bowel (Amazing!) when it wasn't on the menu. Not only did I get it, but they gave me one every night after....and I didn't even ask :D

I have been noticing lately alot of mention of special food requests that have been made (not necessarily heath or diet related) and was curious as to what are some of your favorites might be? The most adventureous I've been is to order mixed berries for breakfast.

I should have added if these requested were made at Anytime dining or not. I'm sure traditional waitstaff must be more accommodating.

The first night we walk to our head waiter and request a crudite every evening. It is there waiting when we arrive (TD). We get it with diet salad dressing and sahear with our table mates. We find it is nice to have a low calorie snack to start the meal and kill some of the hunger.

I've ordered eggs Benedict for breakfast in the dining room, hazelnut ice cream for dessert, chef's salad for my entree at night, coconut crusted shrimp for an appetizer, and some other things. My sister has ordered short ribs when not on the menu and on our last cruise, we had specially-prepared pasta and chocolate soufflé when they weren't on the menu.

My husband has gotten shrimp cocktail everynight. One night I asked for their Fetticine Alfredo in a Cheese Bowel (Amazing!) when it wasn't on the menu. Not only did I get it, but they gave me one every night after....and I didn't even ask :D

It's on the anytime side of the menu & always available at dinner.

Did you have anytime or traditional dining? I don't see how could they do this with anytime dining

In anytime the headwaiter will take your request and note your cabin number.

The next evening, just tell your server what you had pre-ordered and what your cabin number is.

Archived