Oceania announces construction of new ship

hondorner

04/01/2011 -- In the face of rising fuel costs, Oceania has announced it will immediately construct a new ship without engines. Inspired by ancient Mediterranean rowing galleys, it will be the first luxury cruise ship with ports for oars. "Passengers will be expected to take their turn at the oars,", said a corporate spokesperson. "We calculate if each passenger spends four hours, in two - two hour shifts, we can keep the ship moving." Most rowing will be at night, between ports, so passengers will still be able to enjoy local tours.

Passengers who cannot or will not take their turn at the oars will be assessed a supplemental fee to pay a substitute. Passengers who are willing to take an extra shift will have a commensurate reduction in their fares. "In fact,", said the spokesman, "we calculate that if someone is willing to spend 16 hours a day at the oars, they can earn enough credits to pay for the cruise, and still have time to enjoy the specialty restaurants."

Estimates show that food costs will be increased due to the calories burned, "but that will be less than projected fuel costs," said the spokesman.

Frank Del Reo, CEO of parent company Prestige Cruise Holdings, said that all rowing stations will be upholstered with custom Ostrich Feathers over chamomile-infused padding. The oars, mounted in ball bearings, will be custom made titanium models with special counterweights to reduce rowing effort. "I recognize that our passenger demographic is of an advanced age range, he said, "so I want to make the rowing as easy as possible."

Don,

So if I sign up to row 16 hours a day, does that mean that the current cruise is free? And are they still going to include free air? How about free hotel in 2012? I was just thinking that if I booked a couple B2Bs each month then I could drop my gym membership and live on the ship for 20+ days a month for free!! I like it, and just think how good my arms will look.

... And are they still going to include free air?.

Taking a cue from Oceania, Lufthansa has announced they are developing a lighter-than-airship that is powered by passengers pedaling stationary bikes attached to propellers.

Pretty funny stuff, Don and I was reading it in utter disbelief forgetting totally that it was April 1st. I would like to be the one that oversees the rowers since my back is so back I couldn't possibly handle the oars!!

Good stuff, have a fun-filled day.

Bobi

I already spend 16 hours a day at the oars......

or maybe that was the bars!

:confused:

I must pay more attention! :rolleyes:

Ah, that must be why you haven't yet posted the photos. As ones "in the know" we were just sure you already had the plans to share.:)

Kay

all rowing stations will be upholstered with custom Ostrich Feathers over chamomile-infused padding.

On behalf of the entire membership of the PWWFBPAAEA (International Chapter), I demand that non-ostrich upholstery be used in at least 43.3% of all rowing apparatus.

In short, Oceania may choose to give us the bird, but we choose not to accept it lying down....er......so to speak!

James Franzese

Spokesperson Ad Litem

Publicist Ad hoc

International Organization of Passengers Who Were Frightened By Poultry At An Early Age

-Never be Afraid to cry fowl!-

04/01/2011 -- In the face of rising fuel costs, Oceania has announced it will immediately construct a new ship without engines.."
We have been fooled by your topic, thinking that FDR has become super-brave again!

On behalf of the entire membership of the PWWFBPAAEA (International Chapter), I demand that non-ostrich upholstery be used in at least 43.3% of all rowing apparatus.

In short, Oceania may choose to give us the bird, but we choose not to accept it lying down....er......so to speak!

James Franzese

Spokesperson Ad Litem

Publicist Ad hoc

International Organization of Passengers Who Were Frightened By Poultry At An Early Age

-Never be Afraid to cry fowl!-

Jim I support the PWWFBPAAEA, Big Bird has always frightened me. Besides, I am allergic to ostrich. Maybe there could be a pillow menu?

Archived