From Port Canaveral to Atlanta?

Mom2Evie

When we get off our cruise in Port Canaveral, we're heading up to Atlanta for a couple of days. Currently Google Maps/Directions instructs me to head west across FL on 528 & catch I-75 west of Orlando.

My concern is dealing with traffic in the Orlando area. Is there a better way to go?

When we get off our cruise in Port Canaveral, we're heading up to Atlanta for a couple of days. Currently Google Maps/Directions instructs me to head west across FL on 528 & catch I-75 west of Orlando.

My concern is dealing with traffic in the Orlando area. Is there a better way to go?

You can drag the route on Google over to I-95 and see what it says.

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral twice in the past 2 years, and this is the route we travel to and from Atlanta each time. 7.5 Hours gong down on Saturday before Thanksgiving. 9.5 hours coming back on Sunday after Thanksgiving!

We live in Atlanta and a good alternative route is 95 North to i10 West to i75 North. You will still hit traffic about 45 mins outside of Atlanta though, not much you can do about Atlanta traffic.

We live just outside Atlanta (Peachtree City), and our GPS always takes us north on I-95 to Jacksonville, and then it keeps us on backroads all the way here. :confused:

Less distance, but about the same amount of time. We actually like it. It makes the drive less monotonous going through little towns! :)

DH and I live in Lake City FL and always take 75 south to the FL Turnpike to 528 east to Port Canaveral and it's very fast. We have tried other ways, 10 to 95 and it's farther and slower. Traffic around Orlando is not a problem because you are on the Turnpike; 4 in Orlando can be a bear, but you don't take 4 at all.

We have made that trip from Atlanta many times in the last 25 years. Our favorite route now is 75 to 10 to 295 to 95 to 528. We make it just as quickly as we did taking the turn-pike and we avoid all the tolls. The drive on 95 past Jacksonville is much more relaxing than the turnpike and the stretch of 528 around the Orlando airport.

We have made that trip from Atlanta many times in the last 25 years. Our favorite route now is 75 to 10 to 295 to 95 to 528. We make it just as quickly as we did taking the turn-pike and we avoid all the tolls. The drive on 95 past Jacksonville is much more relaxing than the turnpike and the stretch of 528 around the Orlando airport.

Oops! just realized you are coming from Port Canaveral TO Atlanta.....so you would go in reverse. 528 W to 95 N to 295 towards 10 west to 75 N.

I disagree with those who say heading towards Jacksonville is out of the way and longer. At least in our experience it has been a better and usually quicker drive.

Archived