Coffee on board

My DH and I like the coffee. As stated earlier, it is Seattle's Best. It is brewed, not syrup. I bring a 16 0z. thermal cup and have been able to get coffee outside the windjammer at the beverage station when I have wanted it - which is most of my waking hours! As we are coffee addicts, I was concerned about the coffee after reading the opinions of others. To each his own.icon7.gif

I'm not big coffee drinker. I don't HAVE to have a cup every morning. When on the ship, I'm always up early. I go up to the Windjammer and get a cup of coffee to drink while I walk around the ship and watch as we pull into port. IMHO the coffee is way too strong but the flavor is good. I'm another one that just mixes half coffee and half hot water. It's a perfect cup of coffee for me.

I do not like Seattles Best at all..Well, I have never tasted it off a ship. :rolleyes: I do like Starbucks, and many say that is strong and bitter! lol

I always find the room service coffee is by far better, puzzling!! I drink my coffee on the balcony before we go for breakfast!

cruisedivanj

When we first cruised with Royal Caribbean the coffee was so weak it was worse than dishwater and we always used to put something to that effect on our comment cards.

Last year on AOS we noted that the coffee in the Windjammer was not made from syrup but from ground coffee - and watched them cleaning the machine and refilling it with ground coffee. It was much improved and the self-serve in the Cafe Promenade was good too.

Karen

Okay - what about non-dairy creamer - like Coffee-mate either original or flavored? Or am I on my own to bring it and just have to pray I don't get sent to the naughty room for it? I can't do cream or milk in my coffee - have to have the non-dairy stuff.

I guess I'll bring some of my Folgers brew-threw bags, too, just in case. Just add hot water and steep like tea. I'm the only one in the house to drink coffee it is less wasteful that way.

It's been a while but, IIRC, the Latte-tudes shop in the atrium (where the Ben and Jerry's ice cream is?) can also give you a plain old cup of free coffee in addition to what they sell for extra-fee (the cappucinos and the like).

And there may or may not be a self-serve beverage station near the buffet. Sometimes I've seen it, sometimes I haven't, sometimes it's there but they close it midcruise if Norwalk Virus has reared its ugly head.

We've been on 10 cruises on 4 different lines. The coffee has been universally strong and fairly horrible on all of them. But you get used to it after a few days, and end up just using more cream and sugar and drinking smaller cups. Frankly, as soon as I boarded, I missed my Keurig mini-brewer. But by the time we got off the ship I'd gotten used to it, and now my Keurig coffee tastes weak, LOL...

On Oasis just now they were offering both half-and-half individual self-serve cup thingies as well as non-dairy creamer ones, so you could choose either/or (or just get actual milk from the large dispenser as well).

Archived