Caribbean Princess St. Thomas

bermuda triangle

My understanding is that it's Crown Point unless the massive Royal Caribbean ship is in town (I forget which one does St. Thomas). If this is the case, Crown's Point is the only possible berth for a ship that large so the Caribbean Princess gets pushed off to Havensight.

Carnival Dream, Caribbean Princess and Oasis Of The Seas are scheduled to call on St. Thomas on August 2nd. If what kaybeeeeeee stated is correct, Oasis will dock in Crown Bay and CB will dock at Havensight.

Lew

I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of 2 ships at Crown Bay. Whether they put that many people in Crown Bay at once might be another story, but the pier can handle 2 ships.

Princess has been using Crown Bay in St. Thomas for the last few years. However Oasis/Allure of the Seas can only dock at Crown Bay since they cannot at Havensight.

DanJ is correct that Crown Bay can handle two ships.

Lew is correct that there will be three ships in St. Thomas on August 2nd-

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingstthomasusvirginislands-02aug2011.html

So you can end up in Crown Bay especially since you are expected to arrive in St. Thomas earlier than the Carnival Dream (if they go by first come/first serve) Have no clue on what procedure the lines follow.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Princess has been using Crown Bay in St. Thomas for the last few years. However Oasis/Allure of the Seas can only dock at Crown Bay since they cannot at Havensight.

DanJ is correct that Crown Bay can handle two ships.

Lew is correct that there will be three ships in St. Thomas on August 2nd-

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingstthomasusvirginislands-02aug2011.html

So you can end up in Crown Bay especially since you are expected to arrive in St. Thomas earlier than the Carnival Dream (if they go by first come/first serve) Have no clue on what procedure the lines follow.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks for the info.. and the website!!

Laura

As a rule of thumb, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, and Royal Caribbean's monster ships will almost always dock at Crown Bay. Everyone else goes to Havensight (WIC, or West India Co. Docks).

Exceptions occur when there are more than two of the above ships in port, then someone must go to WIC as Crown Bay only can take two ships.

Also, since WIC can take only three ships, if there are say, two Carnival, one NCL, one Princess, one Disney, and one Celebrity ship in port that day, then Princess and one of the others will be at Crown Bay and someone will be at anchor.

According to the schedule there will be 3 ships in St Thomas for July 6th.

Caribbean Princess 7am, Carnival Valor 9am, RCCL Freedom of the Seas 11am.

I hope the CB docks at Havensight on this day but I don't have much hope.

We've always docked at Crown Bay in the past.

Last week, from what I remember, Caribbean Princess was docked alone at Crown Bay while Carnival Victory was alone at Havensight.

The previous week we were again at Crown Bay alongside Cunard Queen Victoria while Star Princess and Carnival Victory were at Havensight.

Last week, from what I remember, Caribbean Princess was docked alone at Crown Bay while Carnival Victory was alone at Havensight.

The previous week we were again at Crown Bay alongside Cunard Queen Victoria while Star Princess and Carnival Victory were at Havensight.

We docked in St Thomas on Thursday 31st March on the Star and we were at Havensight along side the Celebraty Solstace, in Crown Bay was the Ruby princess, so I think it all depends on the day you arrive,

I am on the same cruise with you on 7/28, and this will be our fourth year in a row on this same itinerary. The past three years the CB has always docked at Crown Bay.

Archived