Vietnam Cruises

Hey All..I was looking at trying to do a cruise through Asia next year and was hoping to include Vietnam. There doesn't seem to be a lot cruises available that stop into Vietnam?. I have looked at cruises leaving Singapore and Hongkong and even Bangkok. Has anyone been on a cruise through this region. I would love to hear your imput. If so who did you sail with?

I just wonder why the cruise companies dont include more of Vietnam in ther ports of call. :confused: Maybe there is is just not the facilities to cope with cruise ships?

Hey All..I was looking at trying to do a cruise through Asia next year and was hoping to include Vietnam. There doesn't seem to be a lot cruises available that stop into Vietnam?. I have looked at cruises leaving Singapore and Hongkong and even Bangkok. Has anyone been on a cruise through this region. I would love to hear your imput. If so who did you sail with?

I just wonder why the cruise companies dont include more of Vietnam in ther ports of call. :confused: Maybe there is is just not the facilities to cope with cruise ships?

Costa has a cruise that sails from Singapore to Shanghai and calls at several ports in Vietnam. I just looked at the itinerary several days ago, and that's why it's fresh in my mind although I don't remember all the particulars. I believe the ship is the Costa Victoria, and she leaves on a 17-night cruise from Singapore on March 29, 2012. If I don't have the information exactly right, it's close, and the ship calls at two or even three ports in Vietnam. Perhaps when you find it, you'll post again?

We cruised from Hong Kong to Singapore 3 years ago on the Rhapsody of the Seas. The 12-day cruise included 4 ports in Vietnam - including an overnight in Halong Bay where it is possible to tour to Hanoi.

Suggest you check out Royal Carribean itineraries.

There is a 26 dayer on Dawn Princess leaving June 2012 which includes one port in Vietnam. Sails from Freemantle and return. I'm seriously looking at this one as I've never visited any Asian ports. My biggest problem is as a solo cruiser I'll have to do so serious saving.

Oriana. The Singapore-Brisbane [or Sydney] sector of her 2012 World cruise - departs Singapore 01 Feb.

Fly to Singapore - spend a day or two exploring that great city.

Then on to Phu My [the port for Saigon] - or [if time permits] you could maybe choose to explore the Vung Tau region and Phuoc Tuy province and see the area where Aussie troops fought in the Vietnam war.

Next is Nha Trang - a lovely Vietnamese coastal city with a great French feel.

From there to Hong Kong - Asia's city of bright lights and excitement.

From there down to Brunei in Borneo - then Bali, Darwin, The Whitsundays and Brisbane [or Sydney if you choose that option].

Oriana is a great ship in the finest British tradition.

An Asian cruise is a marvellous experience. An exiting area that will lead the world in the 21st Century

Thanks all..looks like I have some further research to do..I do like the look of maybe a smaller cruise ship seeing the more not so visited places... :) ...but hey any cruise is a good cruise

I agree with that...any cruise is a good cruise.

Another thought .... If you want to experience Asia , its very hard to do when you only have a one day stop in a port. Some of the places you stop are a long way from the sights and thus a lot of time is spent on busses just getting there.

When we have gone up there we have tried to have either a pre or post cruise stay. We then get the best of both. A real "taste of Asia" and a cruise.

For value for money we found our stays in Bangkok were the best. Got great hotels at great prices , did wonderful day tours from there, and then jumped on a cruise ship.

Thanks Kiwi,

I had thought of that Bangkok is a good starting point I agree. Always lots to see :eek: sometimes to much too see, anyway thats another topic..lol

I have done Thailand a couple times and most of the islands esp KaoTao (they have an amazing tree house resort over looking a private cove) it is just a ripper, so is Ko Pha Ngan.

So a cruise from Bangkok up to Thailand i thought would be great, then get off there and explore then fly home. Just cant find anyone who does a small cruise like that. Suppose there is always the train but hey I'm a boaty lol

Archived