What a privilege!

DD

How lucky these parents are. Last year my husband and I took our first TA and had a wonderful time. But the moment that will live with me forever-My husband surprised me with a renewal of our vows ceremony. Life IS wonderful when you take time to enjoy it. Both of you have a terrific time.

Nice posting DD! My partner & I took my parents on two cruises, the first on Celebrity Zenith in 2002 since it left from Tampa and not too far from their home; then Millenium in 2003. They had been married 55+ years then. It was the best thing we ever did, first cruises for all of us. They are now both gone, but we will never forget the times we shared with them on Celebrity! We sail with some new family first-timers next Sunday on Solstice.

How lucky you are to be able to enjoy cruising with your parents! It will be one of those memories that you will cherish and I hope that you have even more cruises with them in the future.:) What a true blessing that you not only are able to cruise with them but how you appreciate it so very much.

As a TA, I've been on many ships and many cruises, but I'm beyond-excited about my next cruise.

My husband and I are taking my parents on the Summit to Bermuda for their 50th anniversary. They wanted to sail out of a home port, and this fit the time-frame.

I'm just in a really happy reflective place about this. I am keenly aware of what a rare privilege it is to have two parents alive and in good health celebrating this milestone--life is precious and fragile. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate -- we're doing a big party and then just the four of us are cruising.

My parents have cruised many times before, some with us, some on their own. They've been on the Summit within the last year, but, like me, they are very excited about this particular cruise.

Sometimes I think you just have to stop and acknowledge that life is good. I feel very blessed and privileged to be able to do this. I just wanted to post some happiness :)

You are very considerate. What a great gift/time together. Have a super cruise.

Carole

Archived