Aft Penthouse - Jewel

We were in 9670 (other "corner") in December...nice suite! We loved the location and aft view! Could not use the balcony much at all ..due to weather..but it would have been nice!

BTW--the corners on 9th deck are not an larger than the ones inbetween (do not be misled by the diagram...it does not wrap around..;))

We were in 9670 (other "corner") in December...nice suite! We loved the location and aft view! Could not use the balcony much at all ..due to weather..but it would have been nice!

BTW--the corners on 9th deck are not an larger than the ones inbetween (do not be misled by the diagram...it does not wrap around..;))

Do you happen to have any pictures of the cabin? We've only been in a balcony on Norwegian.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the cabin? We've only been in a balcony on Norwegian.

Sorry no pics....but the ones on ncl.com are pretty good...though..they always shoot those at an angle where everything looks bigger;)

and I do remember some pics or video were posted here on CC...search for Jewel Penthous....

Jaja,

What sort of other perks come with the suite? I see on NCL's website that there is a butler and you get treats at night. Any information would help. Sometimes I don't entirely trust the website as stuff changes all the time.

I see davegirl51 posted the link for you.....!

BTW It was our first suite...and loved the Cagneys -breakfast and lunch perk!!!

We went every day !!!

Loved...the priority embarkation and disembarkation....so much easier than what we were used to !!!!

This is the interior of an AD aft-facing "penthouse" suite on Deck 10 of the Jade; it should look the same as an AE on the sister ship Jewel (balconies are different size on Decks 8 and 9). You'll love it; enjoy your cruise.

MedCruise20102598.jpg

Photo by Turtles06

This is the interior of an AD aft-facing "penthouse" suite on Deck 10 of the Jade; it should look the same as an AE on the sister ship Jewel (balconies are different size on Decks 8 and 9). You'll love it; enjoy your cruise.

MedCruise20102598.jpg

Photo by Turtles06

Great Picture. Thanks

I could post pics of the AE we had on the Pearl... but they are pretty much identcal to the ones above. The only thing I would suggest... if there are any SF (new category) suites left on deck 10 you might want to switch as the balconies are much larger (cabin is the same I've read). If there is not any left have no worries you are going to love your cabin!!!

Awww.. what the heck... here's a few more pics... lol

2150574460105246444S425x425Q85.jpg

2587392830105246444S425x425Q85.jpg

2759077810105246444S425x425Q85.jpg

2458488880105246444S425x425Q85.jpg

Cruiseat50,

Thanks for that info about the SF Cabins on Deck 10. I called up our travel agent today and switched us to one on Deck 10. I called yesterday and they told me it was going to be $25 to switch and I was like no thanks. Called today and they switched it and didn't charge me. Guess you just have to get the right person.

• 2 months later...

Got back from our cruise this morning. Had a wonderful time. The Jewel is a really nice ship. Took us a little while to figure the layout, but we managed. Our room was great. Different layout, but beautiful.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Monica is the concierge on the Jewel now.

Welcome back and glad to hear you had a good time. I bet you are going to miss your afternoon snacks and b/l in Cagney's and your butler... :( Well, guess you'll just have to book a new one soon.:D

What suite were you in on 10? It's sooo far away but we are booked for Dec. 2012 (never had a countdown clock near this many days out).:eek: We are going to be in 10166. Hmmm... better go book our Alaska trip for next July to have something sooner but even that is over a year...:mad:

p.s. Any pics would be appreciated. Are you going to do a review?

Welcome back and glad to hear you had a good time. I bet you are going to miss your afternoon snacks and b/l in Cagney's and your butler... :( Well, guess you'll just have to book a new one soon.:D

What suite were you in on 10? It's sooo far away but we are booked for Dec. 2012 (never had a countdown clock near this many days out).:eek: We are going to be in 10166. Hmmm... better go book our Alaska trip for next July to have something sooner but even that is over a year...:mad:

p.s. Any pics would be appreciated. Are you going to do a review?

We'll be in 10166 for our Alaska cruise next May!!! It still seems so far away, but it is less than a year!! ;) I love the idea of an Aft balcony!

We loved the Pearl last May to Alaska - hoping we'll love the Jewel too!

Archived