Oasis - Cabin selection help needed?

This is a reunion cruise for us - we are meeting several cruise friends who we get together with opnce a year, it's always so much fun. None of us have cruises on this class ship. I can use some help with cabin selection. Let me start by saying we are NEVER in our cabin. With all the activities on this ship I know we will only be in the cabin to shower and sleep.

I am looking at the outside category - The Oceanview Boardwalk Cabins are 187.3 sq ft and the Central Park Outside Cabins are 194.8 sq. ft. Both of these cabins have bay windows. Is either view better than the other? How is the noise?

Many thanks,

Since there was very little difference in the price for an inside and this oceanview we thought it might be fun people watching in our PJ's from our window seat.

I would like to hear from someone who has had one of these cabins. Was the cabin quiet over looking either the Boardwalk or Central Park?

Marion

Edited: Oops, I thought you were referring to Central Park view or Boardwalk view rooms. This doesn't apply to oceanview rooms.

We just tried our first promenade room on the Navigator, and while we had no problem with it, it turned out to be a waste. We enjoyed sitting on the window seat and looking down at the action the first afternoon for about thirty minutes. After that, though, we were never in the room except while we were either preparing to go out or in bed. As those are times when we wanted privacy, we never sat there again and kept the drapes closed the entire time. I don't think there would be much difference in a promenade or an inside, and we just may start booking insides. We slept better in that room than on any other cruise, to the extent that the night my DH set our clock back instead of forward, we slept until our clock read 9:30 a.m., which was really 11:30. At least we saved $45 by sleeping through bingo :D If you are in your cabin only to shower or sleep, you may also find that window a waste.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments, we think the same way you do. This is our 28th cruise and we usually book insides. Unless of course they are giving away the other cabins and we can't say "NO" to a fabulous deal.

Marion

Actually, RCCL has a FABULOUS deal on the Oasis right now - book an inside get a balcony. You and your friends might want to check it out. Even though you are never in your cabin, you might as well get the best accomodation possible for the money and you could try having breakfast out there one morning!

I must get 10 email specials daily from different TA's and I haven't seen that one - is it a new special? I don't know how I could have missed that one. Most of the TAs are sold out of their inside cabin inventory right now - depending on your cruise dates - we are looking at October 30, 2011. Please email me the information if you still have it for this promotion to cruiztime at yahoo dot com.

Many thanks!

Marion

We stayed in a PR room once and never again. The noise from the speakers outside our window was unbearable but the worst was having to remember to close the curtains because everyone could see into the cabin.

Archived