New Drink/Wine Prices?

Medic 5

Someone wrote on our upcoming cruise that there is a new pricing structure on Celebrity. They quoted WINE prices going up to prices above the Premium Drink package price. Just wondering if anyone else has any info regarding this. Most in our group purchased the premium package and are excited about that aspect of the cruise, convience and plenty of options to pick.

Thanks,

Rich

They do have some wines by the glass that are above the top limit price allowed by the drink package. I think that this has always been the case.They also have other premium liquors that are above the top price allowed on the drink package. If you drink only the really high priced stuff, then the drink package won't help since they do not do money off and charge the difference.

They quoted WINE prices going up to prices above the Premium Drink package price.

I'm interested in how this would affect the selection of wines in the Classic Alcohol Package. There are a limited number of wines priced at $8 and under to begin with. If they went up in price there wouldn't be any selection so what would be the point then of purchasing the Classic Package?? I'm confused. :confused: Or are they just talking about higher priced wines going over the $12 premium threshold?

I was on the Summit in March. I had purchased the classic alcohol package because I had looked at the choices on cc and decided there were enough choices. Once onboard, I found out that things had changed. There were only 3 choices, 1 white, 1 red & 1 white zin (I do not remember the brands). I wished I had known and I would have bought the premium package.

I was on the Summit in March. I had purchased the classic alcohol package because I had looked at the choices on cc and decided there were enough choices. Once onboard, I found out that things had changed. There were only 3 choices, 1 white, 1 red & 1 white zin (I do not remember the brands). I wished I had known and I would have bought the premium package.

Is this true?:( Can anyone else confirm? If true, what's the point of buying the Classic Package if you can only drink one red the whole cruise?? Doesn't sound right.

Is this true?:( Can anyone else confirm? If true, what's the point of buying the Classic Package if you can only drink one red the whole cruise?? Doesn't sound right.

Bump because I'd like to know as well. We'll probably be buying our packages soon.

Bump because I'd like to know as well. We'll probably be buying our packages soon.

We just booked our first X cruise. Is there any advantage to purchasing a package in advance? Also, how can I find the package prices? I logged in to the Celebrity site, selected our cruise and clicked on the Beverage Package button, but it only lists what's included and has no prices.

I can't recall the exact numbers of wine in each category - but I do remember that there was a red Malbec priced at $6 that was pretty good.

I noticed that some of the wines listed on the original "sticky" at the top of the page had increased in price to be just out of range of the classic package. For example - there was a Kendall Jackson pinot noir ($8) in the sticky - onboard the Solstice in January $8.50 I liked that one a lot - I had the premium package so it didn't matter but I could see someone with a classic package being upset over that!

Also note that there are a lot of bars onboard - not all wines are available at each one - the cellarmasters didn't have the kendall jackson but the ensemble lounge did. The MDR was mysteriously out of the Il borro Super Tuscan ($12) but the Tuscan Grill had it and the MDR managed to find it by the 2nd to last night.

I think there are a few options in each category - but they may not all be available in the MDR or in cellarmasters.

we are going to order the classic alcohol package,(its just a 4 night cruise to cork) i always have white wine in the main resterant but if the prices have gone up for the wine what other alcohol drinks are offered in the resterant to have with your meal?

we are going to order the classic alcohol package,(its just a 4 night cruise to cork) i always have white wine in the main resterant but if the prices have gone up for the wine what other alcohol drinks are offered in the resterant to have with your meal?

You can have any drink you want in the MDR (daquari, martini, etc) there is both a beverage waiter who can get anything non-wine and a Sommelier who does just wine. When you sit down tell them what you want and they will find the right person for you.

Just got a reply email from my vacation planner at Celebrity. He checked with the Beverage department and he was assured there is no planned increase in beverage prices. However, he failed to mention if the prices might have already recently increased.

We just booked our first X cruise. Is there any advantage to purchasing a package in advance? Also, how can I find the package prices? I logged in to the Celebrity site, selected our cruise and clicked on the Beverage Package button, but it only lists what's included and has no prices.

There is no advantage to buying the package before you board the ship. There is no set limit on the number of packages they sell, and you can buy your package immediately after boarding.

You can find Beverage Pakage information on the X website. Go to the tab at the top of the page "BEFORE CRUISING" The look at the side pane option and choose "BOOK BEVERAGE PACKAGE" You will then see all the Beverage Package Options and their respective costs.

Here is the URL: https://secure.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/bookBeveragePackages.do?pagename=book_beverage&cS=SIDENAV

Hope this info helps

There is actually one BIG benefit to buying onboard. You can get it right away. I have bought a few drink packages online, prior to my cruise and it took forever for the rooms to be ready... I did not get my drink package certificate until after we were able to go to our rooms. Now... that said, people have said they had a special card now for the Premium drink package. Do you get that at check-in if you have ordered in advance? If not, there is NO good reason to buy it ahead of time unless you really want to pay for it in advance.

There is actually one BIG benefit to buying onboard. You can get it right away. I have bought a few drink packages online, prior to my cruise and it took forever for the rooms to be ready... I did not get my drink package certificate until after we were able to go to our rooms. Now... that said, people have said they had a special card now for the Premium drink package. Do you get that at check-in if you have ordered in advance? If not, there is NO good reason to buy it ahead of time unless you really want to pay for it in advance.

Yet another excellent reason to wait until you board the ship.

We got off the Constellation 6 days ago. From everything I can recall the drink prices have not changed at all and have for the most part been very constant for a couple of years.

... Is there any advantage to purchasing a package in advance?...
No, I always suggest waiting until you get on board and check things out for a day to anyone who is not 100% certain the packages are for them. They sell these at most of the bars on the ship and if you buy after a night or two they pro-rate the cost for the remaining nights.

hi, on recent ECLIPSE cruise we were able to use our premium package as soon as we boarded. It is on your seapass. Never had to sign and the bartenders and wait staff went above and beyond to get any thing you asked for.Espically enjoyed the Nickel and Nickel Pinot in the MDR and Murano.

No, I always suggest waiting until you get on board and check things out for a day to anyone who is not 100% certain the packages are for them. They sell these at most of the bars on the ship and if you buy after a night or two they pro-rate the cost for the remaining nights.

This has been discussed before and the answer is that you CAN NOT buy a shortened package. If you buy the package on the second or third day you will still be charged from day one. This is from the X web site:

All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

we've been told there's a stamp on your sea pass card to indicate the package your beverage package.

This has been discussed before and the answer is that you CAN NOT buy a shortened package. If you buy the package on the second or third day you will still be charged from day one. This is from the X web site.

I've never bought a beverage package as they just don't work for us, but I've looked into them a lot and read a lot about them on these boards and believe I've read several reports from cruisers who have bought them mid cruise. While you can not purchase the package for selective nights past comments I've read and a link on Celebrity's site (click here) seem to indicate they can be bought after the cruise begins at a pro-rated rate but must cover all of the remaining nights of the cruise. Again - this is all based on post readings and reports and not on personal experiance. However, I have seen them advertised heavily on the ship up to several days into a cruise.

we've been told there's a stamp on your sea pass card to indicate the package your beverage package.

On the cruises we've been on we've observed that those that pre-purchased the packages have the information pre-printed on their sea pass and that others who purchase on the ship have an stamp stuck onto their card - and that all this is verified when the card is processed to ring up their drinks.

I bought my drink package in advance - the big advantage to me is that I'm sailing in 4 weeks on a trip that is already 100% paid for. I'll get off the ship with no charges pending. No credit card bill in June. That right there makes it more than worth it, to me. :)

Archived