how early does one have to get up to get a chair by the pool?

gabbie83

just wondering

I've always been able to get one between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. Sometimes, at 9, I'm wondering why I got up so early! :D But I do love it when it is quiet and peaceful in the morning.

I have read all the horror stories on here, but I have never had a problem finding one and we usually go to the pool between late morning and early afternoon. Maybe everyone has taken off for lunch, but we have always found a chair, even on the Epic over spring break.

I've never had a total failure in finding a chair in the vicinity of the pool at any hour. It's not usually where I would prefer to be, but I can usually find them somewhere. Sometimes, it's on the upper level of the pool area and off to the fringe areas a little. Sometimes, I move one from one location to another to get closer to where I want to be. It can be a little challenging some times. But I've never had to leave the area empty handed. Larger groups will have more difficulty staying together, of course.

On the Jewel, March 27th sailing, we were able to find chairs, right by the pool, every day. It was pretty cold on the first and last day, and pretty rough seas on day 6, but we did not have any problems overall.

Since you just came back from a cruise...I have a question. Is the MDR cold? Should I bring long sleeves for my 6 yr old son for dinner?

We are leaving in 2 weeks and trying to figure what to pack.

How to dress during sea days? We are taking the Jewel April 24th.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

in any of the desirable areas( pool level ..rearward by the rock climbing wall ..all the way around the pool...then all the way forward to the Garden Cafe area)...all the chairs on the upper decks, and on the railings were taken. there is a huge area of always available chairs on the third level, reachable by an elevator( the one that doesn't go to Posh) that extends toward the front of the ship and is mostly enclosed with glass walls. The deck areas that overlook the pool seem to fill up by 0930. the lower level areas with a view of the pool fill up around the same time

since you just came back from a cruise...i have a question. Is the mdr cold? Should i bring long sleeves for my 6 yr old son for dinner?

We are leaving in 2 weeks and trying to figure what to pack.

How to dress during sea days? We are taking the jewel april 24th.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

yes yes yes :)

With everyone wondering about getting a chair by the pool I'm beginning to wonder if the sun shines more strongly there then on the other loungers around the ship:).

Not more strongly, but it sure is nice to take a quick dip in the pool to cool off, without having to wander a distance away from your "stuff." :)

just wondering

Not a problem at all. Just check out the spots with stuff on them, wait 30 minutes, then come back and move their stuff to another lounge with stuff on it.

If the "occupants" come back, feign ignorance.

DON

Archived