M Class Aft Cabins

sarahc78

Is there a difference in the rooms or are they all basically the same? Right now we are in 8176 which is a accessible room. We were told that there may be an opening for one of the FV cabins in the Aft. Is there much difference or should we just stay w/ what we have right now?

Side note, we booked the accessible room once it was released from Celebrity. Although I do use a foot & leg brace and sometimes the use of a cane..

There is certainly more room in the FV because of the area set up with the two sofas that is a sleeping area for the 3 additional people (kids, really) that the cabin accomodates. If it is a corner FV, then the veranda is even larger than the other aft cabins, including the neighboring FV. The FV will probably list for a higher price than the C1 that you have, so be ready to dip into the billfold. You will also lose 1 cruise credit by moving to an FV, if that matters. The CC perks might not be meaningful to you, but they also go away. I just spent 4 weeks in a regular C1, and was very happy. You have extra space in the accessible cabin which means more room at the foot of the bed, which is the main problem with regular width cabins.

Is there a difference in the rooms or are they all basically the same? Right now we are in 8176 which is a accessible room. We were told that there may be an opening for one of the FV cabins in the Aft. Is there much difference or should we just stay w/ what we have right now?

Side note, we booked the accessible room once it was released from Celebrity. Although I do use a foot & leg brace and sometimes the use of a cane..

Sarah!!! How are you?? Wish I were going with you on your cruise.

Here's some pictures from Larry Simon of his FV cabin on the Millenium which is a sister ship to the Summit. As you can see you have a room divider which is really good since you are going to have the kids with you. I believe those are two pull out couches as well. And if you are able to snag a corner FV that's even better!! If it's not the corner, then you would still have the same balcony as your CC1, which is really nice. I checked the website I go to on availability for the FV and it looks like your sailing is pretty much sold out so I hope you get lucky if this is the cabin you want.

Bon Voyage and happy sailing to you! PS you can always come sail with us in December on the Summit.

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/FV-Family-View-Aft-Cabins/11677184_XdX2v#823869888_YQBhG

Sarah!!! How are you?? Wish I were going with you on your cruise.

Here's some pictures from Larry Simon of his FV cabin on the Millenium which is a sister ship to the Summit. As you can see you have a room divider which is really good since you are going to have the kids with you. I believe those are two pull out couches as well. And if you are able to snag a corner FV that's even better!! If it's not the corner, then you would still have the same balcony as your CC1, which is really nice. I checked the website I go to on availability for the FV and it looks like your sailing is pretty much sold out so I hope you get lucky if this is the cabin you want.

Bon Voyage and happy sailing to you! PS you can always come sail with us in December on the Summit.

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/FV-Family-View-Aft-Cabins/11677184_XdX2v#823869888_YQBhG

Thanks Kat! It is so hard deciding what to do lol, I think any of those Aft cabins will be great :)

Thanks Kat! It is so hard deciding what to do lol, I think any of those Aft cabins will be great :)

You got that right. I am in 6143 for December which is a C1 in suitesville. They also have 7203 open which is an aft C1 and it was really hard to decide which one to go for. I've seen some great pictures of 7203, but I think that 6143 supposedly has a bigger cabin as well as one of those great balconies.

Your choice seems to be whether to give up the CC benefits and extra cruise credit for the FV. If you have the kids with you, it would probably be better to be in FV (as long as it doesn't cost a lot more $$$). Someone on our roll call last December travels with her sons and she swears by the FV cabins. She'll take those any day over a CC cabin.

I'm sure you are going to have a great cruise whichever cabin you are in.

Here is a link to pics of 8176 - http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Cabin-8176-on-the-Celebrity/1402938_npTyY#66395110_NMQcW

We stayed in that cabin in Feb. and really enjoyed the size and the extra large veranda. Since it's an accessible cabin, it's quite a bit wider than the other aft cabins but the sofa/love seat is smaller. Since you do have a "foot & leg brace and sometimes the use of a cane", you might find the fold down seat and grab bars in the shower to be helpful - esp. if there are rough seas.

Of course, the FV cabin would be larger - with a much larger veranda. If my dh had not needed a scooter, we'd have tried to book a FV if it had become available.

You got that right. I am in 6143 for December which is a C1 in suitesville. They also have 7203 open which is an aft C1 and it was really hard to decide which one to go for. I've seen some great pictures of 7203, but I think that 6143 supposedly has a bigger cabin as well as one of those great balconies.

Your choice seems to be whether to give up the CC benefits and extra cruise credit for the FV. If you have the kids with you, it would probably be better to be in FV (as long as it doesn't cost a lot more $$$). Someone on our roll call last December travels with her sons and she swears by the FV cabins. She'll take those any day over a CC cabin.

I'm sure you are going to have a great cruise whichever cabin you are in.

Yeah that is a tough decision. Wow so is that room like a suite since it is in "suitesville"? My thinking is more so for the extra room since we will have the kids w/ us. THe CC benefits are nice but not really what we are after necisarily.

Here is a link to pics of 8176 - http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Cabin-8176-on-the-Celebrity/1402938_npTyY#66395110_NMQcW

We stayed in that cabin in Feb. and really enjoyed the size and the extra large veranda. Since it's an accessible cabin, it's quite a bit wider than the other aft cabins but the sofa/love seat is smaller. Since you do have a "foot & leg brace and sometimes the use of a cane", you might find the fold down seat and grab bars in the shower to be helpful - esp. if there are rough seas.

Of course, the FV cabin would be larger - with a much larger veranda. If my dh had not needed a scooter, we'd have tried to book a FV if it had become available.

So you enjoyed the room? How much larger is it compared to other blacony rooms?

This will be our first Aft cabin so I am thinking we should just stay w/ what we have and be happy.

Yeah that is a tough decision. Wow so is that room like a suite since it is in "suitesville"? My thinking is more so for the extra room since we will have the kids w/ us. THe CC benefits are nice but not really what we are after necisarily.

This will be our first Aft cabin so I am thinking we should just stay w/ what we have and be happy.

We loved 8176 but and would book it again in a heartbeat. But ...... it was just the 2 of us and you say your travelling with kids. I'm not sure how that would work if the kids will be in the same cabin. I'm assuming that the "sofa" (really an extra wide chair) folds out into a bed - but would probably ony sleep one. Would they bring in a roll away? You may want to consider one of the other aft cabins with the larger sleep sofa. Keep in mind that all aft cabins have very large verandas.

From my point of view, I'd definitely try to book FV cabin if one becomes available. I think it would be much more comfortable with children.

We loved 8176 but and would book it again in a heartbeat. But ...... it was just the 2 of us and you say your travelling with kids. I'm not sure how that would work if the kids will be in the same cabin. I'm assuming that the "sofa" (really an extra wide chair) folds out into a bed - but would probably ony sleep one. Would they bring in a roll away? You may want to consider one of the other aft cabins with the larger sleep sofa. Keep in mind that all aft cabins have very large verandas.

From my point of view, I'd definitely try to book FV cabin if one becomes available. I think it would be much more comfortable with children.

OUr 3 older children have their own inside cabin. Our 4 year old will be sharing 8176 with us.

So that sofa/chair pulls out? That would be perfect then for him. If not you say they have roll aways they can bring in?

No 6143 is a CC1, but they call it "suitesville" since there is a suite on each side of it, making the room wider. So you will get the same room attendant as the suites and supposedly better service.

I would, if it were me, go for the FV since you have the kids this time. It's always good to have more room to spread out. I saw a picture of one of those aft balconies where someone had pushed their sofa out there and a small pool for the kids and there was still plenty of room with one large table, one small table, two lounge chairs and some regular chairs. Of course this person got all kinds of flack about putting the couch out there, if you can imagine.

I'm sure you've seen this picture of the cabins with corresponding room numbers: The two outside cabins on each deck are the FV (except the sixth deck - Penthouse) with those huge suites.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22488891&postcount=2

Here's the pictures of 7208 with the couch on the balcony (post #6):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1218264&highlight=couch+moved+to+balcony

OUr 3 older children have their own inside cabin. Our 4 year old will be sharing 8176 with us.

So that sofa/chair pulls out? That would be perfect then for him. If not you say they have roll aways they can bring in?

On Celebrity's website it says that the FV has a sitting area with sofa convertible to a trundle bed. Nice. And the balcony is 242 square ft. I can't even imagine. :D:D

I would think that 8176 would be fine if the older children are in another cabin. But, I'm really not certain if the sofa/chair pulls out - or if they'll bring a roll away. I'm assuming that, since you've booked 3 people in that cabin (you have, right?) that they do have a way to accommodate the third person. Perhaps someone here has some experience with more that 2 people in that cabin???

On Celebrity's website it says that the FV has a sitting area with sofa convertible to a trundle bed. Nice. And the balcony is 242 square ft. I can't even imagine. :D:D

There is also a divider that can be pulled out to separate the two areas if your child goes to bed earlier. I vote for the FV.

Still waiting to hear back from TA they have someone booked in a FV that is considering cancelling cruise due to personal issues. If they do we can try to get it, only if there isnt someone on a waiting list. Which there wasnt this am.

I would think that 8176 would be fine if the older children are in another cabin. But, I'm really not certain if the sofa/chair pulls out - or if they'll bring a roll away. I'm assuming that, since you've booked 3 people in that cabin (you have, right?) that they do have a way to accommodate the third person. Perhaps someone here has some experience with more that 2 people in that cabin???

Yes we did book 3 people in this room. Interesting point you made aobut the chair/sofa. I just assumed the couch was the same size as the other rooms and that is where they would sleep. Did you notice a pull down bed?

Oh well he is 4 if all else fails we can bring a sleeping bag and he can camp out on our floor ;)

Our first aft was 8176, the accessible cabin. It came available just a week or so before sailing, but even at that late date we were warned that if someone needed the cabin we would be bumped. Thankfully that did not happen. We've had all regular afts since then and 8176 is noticeably wider both in the cabin and the veranda. And you got used to the accessible bathroom.

Still waiting to hear back from TA they have someone booked in a FV that is considering cancelling cruise due to personal issues. If they do we can try to get it, only if there isnt someone on a waiting list. Which there wasnt this am.

Yes we did book 3 people in this room. Interesting point you made aobut the chair/sofa. I just assumed the couch was the same size as the other rooms and that is where they would sleep. Did you notice a pull down bed?

Oh well he is 4 if all else fails we can bring a sleeping bag and he can camp out on our floor ;)

There is NO pull down bed.

• 1 month later...
Here's my dilemma: On the Infinity in Alaska in July, do I take 8176 (aft C1) or a midship S2 Sky Suite? Both are accessible as I am in a wheelchair.

Thanks!

The afts are great and the handicapped afts are very large, but you might want to consider distance to the elevators.

Thanks. I'm young so distance isn't an issue - we had an aft suite on the HAL Oosterdam for our honeymoon back in 04 and loved it.

Wine-O, did you bring wine on board? If so, any problems? That's my biggest gripe about Celebrity (though definitely better than RCI's no-alcohol policy).

Thanks. I'm young so distance isn't an issue - we had an aft suite on the HAL Oosterdam for our honeymoon back in 04 and loved it.

Wine-O, did you bring wine on board? If so, any problems? That's my biggest gripe about Celebrity (though definitely better than RCI's no-alcohol policy).

I bring on 2 and my wife brings on 2. We go thru separate security lines.

Archived