Final payment date in one week - will price drop after that for summer 2011?????

kelzer

Hi,

We are trying to decide between the Oasis (Eastern Caribbean), Explorer (Bermuda) and NCL Gem (Bermuda) for July of this year. The prices are currently comparable for midship balcony cabins (which I find strange since the Oasis is so much newer and larger). Should we book ASAP since it will be peak season and presumable the ships are filling up or should we wait to see if there is a price drop after final payment?

Hi,

We are trying to decide between the Oasis (Eastern Caribbean), Explorer (Bermuda) and NCL Gem (Bermuda) for July of this year. The prices are currently comparable for midship balcony cabins (which I find strange since the Oasis is so much newer and larger). Should we book ASAP since it will be peak season and presumable the ships are filling up or should we wait to see if there is a price drop after final payment?

Does the present price seem reasonable and affordable? Will you be upset if, by waiting, you find the prices have risen to something higher than you would pay now. Prices will reflect demand and if there is heavy demand during the summer, expect prices to rise rather than drop. That is especially true since so many ships are sailing outside the Caribbean during the summer months reducing the supply of available ships. Without Carol's crystal ball, it is impossible to predict what will happen, but I wouldn't bet on prices being lower if I really want to take a cruise. Waiting may not be the best option.:)

Personally, I would take the gamble and wait. I have seen the Oasis on the Tuesday sale so far every week. We sailed in December on the Oasis and purchased from the sale. We saved $800. I plan to gamble from here on out. A friend of mine just booked a RC cruise for late May (I think it was like 12 nights?) and her balcony cabin was $749! :eek: That's for nearly 2 weeks on a cruise ship. They want the ship sailing full so this seems quite normal for this huge ship.

Archived