Has anyone renewed wedding vows on HAL ship?

Travel_Lover28

Has anyone renewed their wedding vows on any HAL ship? Can you tell me what day it's done? Were you the only ones or was it done with many other couples? What happens during the event? We are planning to do this for our 25th wedding anniversary. Need any advise

several people here have done it

the evening that it is done depends on the itinerary and what other commitments the captain has

a couple of people were the only ones

some had to share the event with others

check out these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1269751&highlight=vow+renewal

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1224936&highlight=vow+renewal

Yes we just renewed our vows. I will tell you it is much more than we expected. We were on the 30 day Hawaii & Tahiti. The ceremony was the evening of the day we spent in Rarotonga. It was awsome. It was held in the crows nest. The area was walled off from the rest of the crows nest. Called the Captain's area. The whole service and picture taking took about 1 hour. It was very tastefully done with the violins playing in the back ground.

Would I do it again? You bet! It was worth every penny it cost!!!!

Helen

We did it last year on the Eurodam. It was wonderful. The day is up to the Captain so it is no special day which makes it hard to coordinate dinner at the Pinnacle and the ceremony. There was flowers in the room, a really nice arrangement, we got flowers to wear, went to the corner of the crows nest where it was nice and private, had champagne and little canopes, the captain came and talked to us and there was one other couple also doing it. They have standard vows that you can say, but we made up our own as it was more personal. After that it was socal time. Also at the end of your cruise you got a leather bound photo book with one picture (chosen by them) in the book that was taken by the ship photographer.

By all means do it, it is something you will never forget! Any other questions, let me know.

We've renewed our vows three times on HAL ships. Each time was slightly different, but all were wonderful. In each case we invited our tablemates, which enriched the ceremonies and, I think, their cruise experiences too. There's a nominal charge to invite guests. The ROV Package is one of HAL's best values and demonstrates what a class act they can be.

Mrs M

We have attended three ROV ceremonies, and as MrsMuir says, each was different but all were exceptional. A very beautiful, personal time ... even tho' you're sharing with other couples. Each couple has its own "ceremony" and there usually isn't a dry eye in the house.

All three were on Formal Nights, in the early evening. Don't know if that would be the case in your instance.

Go for it would be my advice. And enjoy every moment.

We renewed our vows on an Alaskan cruise on the Zaandam. They did our ceremony during the day just as we were approaching Glacier Bay. We had amazing photos taken right afterwards up on deck with the glaciers in the background. Like the other posters have said, there are a lot of nice details in the package. I found it worth every penny!

Thank you all for the response. It seems like it will be great to do it. I want to plan it on a Panama Canal cruise. It will be our first 14 day cruise, first Panama Canal cruise. Our wedding anniversary will be at the same time so it would be great if it falls on the same date as our anniversary. I think we are going to go for it. :)

We did the vows last May on the Veendam along with our son and wife as they had a 25th and ours was 60th. As it was stated it was well worth the money would do it again in a heartbeat if the Pinnacle wasn't included we had a real time to get reservation as we didn't know exactly when it was going to be held until the Capt. let us know. Know you will enjoy it. Go for it..;):)

We renewed our vows on the Maasdam 2 years ago - we must have been the only couple on the ship who booked this, as it was just myself, my DH, the captain and his wife. We had a very private "ceremony" for our 25th, beautiful pictures were taken and mounted in a lovely album, a cake, flowers, etc. & dinner @ the Pinnacle Grill. Ours happened to be on a formal night. I agree w/the previous poster who said that there wasn't a dry eye in the house....worth every penny, IMO. Do it, you won't regret it.

We did it in 1973 on the old Statendam. Back then it was a freebie with an announcement in the daily program for anyone interested. We were part of a large group who took advantage of the opportunity and it was conducted by the captain on one of the open decks. No special extras but you couldn't beat it for the price.

It's wonderful reading everyone's vow renewal experience. Can't wait no longer for ours. Has anyone done it on a Panama Canal cruise?

Wouldn't it be great if it could be done up on deck at sunset? It makes me think of the "Love Boat". Just dreaming.........:D

Archived